Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

They've apologised for all the f**k up from last week, including the calculation error that Norf Tyrone spotted. It is an improvement from last week's, but I can't help but think that they would be better selling the paper on a Monday, rather than a Friday.
Testing Accessibility

SlimShady

for a paper with such detailed views on Sunday games it would be mighty difficult to get it out on a Monday I reckon. They'd need lots more staff and have to work weekends!!  :P

realredhandfan

Havent got mine yet.  If Feasible a Monday or Tuesday paper would have been a very good result and match report paper.  Friday could not be a match report paper as its too long after the event.  I cant understand their decision making with all the club games and county games providing additional paper fill to their capable writing team.   

Tony Fearon

There's still room for improvement.In a question and answer session with Joe Kernan in to-day's edition, Paul Welsh asks big Joe the following;

"Since winning the All Ireland in 2003,have failed to even reach the final.Despite much promise, can you lift Sam again?"

FFS This guy Welsh makes 5Sams look like an expert in GAA Affairs

full back

Quote from: Tony Fearon on January 12, 2007, 04:10:58 PM
There's still room for improvement.In a question and answer session with Joe Kernan in to-day's edition, Paul Welsh asks big Joe the following;

"Since winning the All Ireland in 2003,have failed to even reach the final.Despite much promise, can you lift Sam again?"

FFS Tony......... :D :D :D :D

Captain Scarlet

jaysus lads there is obviously goin to be a few mistakes with a new publication.
it seems there is a bit of nit-pickin going on. if anyone went through any national paper you'd see a load of basic errors.
i havent seen it but if a few typos are the only flaw and the articles are good well then fair play.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Tony Fearon

Paul not only got the year wrong, but the fact that we reached a subsequent All Ireland Final, in the year immediately following our 2002 success, in 2003 (remember Gormley's lucky block!).

In fairness he has confessed to me via a private message and I have granted him full absolution for his sins ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Fearon on January 12, 2007, 04:50:58 PM
In fairness he has confessed to me via a private message and I have granted him full absolution for his sins ;D

Did you offer you free tickets for something?
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

QuoteDid you offer you free tickets for something?

I always knew Tony was schizo!
;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

Read it today, very detailed and well worth the money, despite the mistake pointed out by TF.

By the way, why was there a photo of Rodney Trotter wearing a Kerry shirt on the back page?  8)

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Tony Fearon on January 12, 2007, 04:50:58 PM
Paul not only got the year wrong, but the fact that we reached a subsequent All Ireland Final, in the year immediately following our 2002 success, in 2003 (remember Gormley's lucky block!).

Tony Fearon Out in Front :D
Ronan McSherry trumps for me again. All the anecdotes are fantastic!

Norf Tyrone

Quote"Since winning the All Ireland in 2003,have failed to even reach the final.Despite much promise, can you lift Sam again?"

How can anyone make a mistake like that. Imagine that Tony get the year of the AI victory wrong. Be sure it could happen to anyone.....couldn't it Tone  ;D!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BottleOfStout

Todays edition was again good.  But still lacking enough content relating to hurling.  Time to change name to "Gaelic Football Life"

ziggysego

I enjoyed it today as well. Still a lot more that can be done with it, but that's to be expected at the start. Long time it continue.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I thought it was an excellent read and I like the approach it's taking to reviewing and previewing - not regurgitating match reports. Brolly's well worth the read - his Baywatch/TG4 analogy was amusing. I also like the tit-bits which accompany some articles (e.g. the pros and cons beside the 'Into the Light' article and the '5 things'  beside the Marshes piece).

Burns can be interesting but there's something bland about his articles - it's like he's repeating the majority view. McSherry was a fine read as well although I don't really like that 'we're better than the Premiership' self-indulgent approach. (Irish soccer/rugby players are just as friendly/approachable). I don't like the head-to-head scores and comments (in that I think they're contradictory and, in my opinion, wrong). Finally (see what i've done), the editor's attempt to apologise for O'Neill's tally had an unfortunate typo.

Finally, Joe Kernan's article was intriguing. What I took from it was:

- Oisin McConville is not a leader of men
- He bates his sons
- Bellew cannot stay on his feet
- Francie was touching Donaghy
- Kerry neglected Donaghy for 3 years
- Armagh boys lie down
- He likes rugby boys
- He's addicted to stirring frys
- He's a chronic wine drinker
- He can't read
- Gooch is better than McDonnell and Moynihan better than McGeeney

All subjective though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.