Gaelic Life

Started by Out in Front, December 30, 2006, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Is the Gaelic Life a year old now? When was it first launched?
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ziggysego on January 11, 2008, 03:58:39 PM
Is the Gaelic Life a year old now? When was it first launched?

Stick it on the birthday thread Ziggysego!

Out in Front

Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2008, 04:22:45 PM
Lack of Irish in the thing.
Out In Front, I put forward 5 Sams.

Hardstation, been away from Gaelic Life since July - working nearer home now thought I do bits for GL now and then. I'll pass on your sentiments though about the lack of Irish.

MrC

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 27, 2007, 01:23:03 PM
Every article is well researched and written as well as being stylishly presented that you are compelled to read it.

I don't think they are well researched at all - I wouldn't read much apart from the Donegal stuff, but they've had a number of glaring errors in a few pieces their own journalists did in previews over the last while. Good potential in GL, but think they've a lot to do, to be honest.
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

ziggysego

GL is an excellent paper. Sure there's room for improvement, but that's the same with most things.

If you could make changes to the paper, what would they be?
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Dunno why people slate GL, I think its a great read every week and where else are you gonna get as much gaa coverage in the media?

Gold

i get it every friday witho fail

great start to the weekend
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

downredblack

Quote from: ziggysego on January 14, 2008, 05:36:18 PM
GL is an excellent paper. Sure there's room for improvement, but that's the same with most things.

If you could make changes to the paper, what would they be?

Think the GL is a great read , Only gripe with it would be the county pages should be crammed with info about the county not half page pictures of players or in Down's case the Marshes . I know its slow this time of the year but they should be able to fill a page on each county .

ONeill

Was there an issue this week?

The local didn't do it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 18, 2008, 08:40:19 PM
Was there an issue this week?

The local didn't do it.

Yes. An article about the big man at the edge of the square from Brolly was readable. That's something I've noticed O'Neill. It can be hit and miss with some shops whether they be all sold out or never arrived in the first place. I was in one shop tonight and there were loads of them.

Minder

There is an article in todays edition about Antrims Darren Hamill but the photo is of ex Antrim player John mc Intosh, wonderful attention to detail.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Couldn't find a copy in the shop today. Distribution still not up to scratch.

ziggysego

Can't really blame Gaelic Life for that, it's their distributors.
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

See Anthony Fearon won a prize in this weeks edition. How does he do it? That's on top of last week when another poster from the board won a prize (You know who you are  ;) ).
Brolly back on to the GPA and the grants issue. Talked about the DRA meeting and made a good effort to convince us that Solicitors and Barristers worked hard  :D  :D :D :D :D

Our Nail Loney

Is there an edition out today lads?? Havent been near a shop yet