Brian McIvor Quits Donegal

Started by Barney, September 02, 2008, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

When was that interviewer appointed to the Ros Co Board?  ???
Maybe I'd better get appointed as a delegate.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

irunthev

She was brought in as a discipline expert and the Roscommon players seemed to like her so she has been retained by a succession of managers. Her management methods include whips chains bondage and domination. All very popular  :P She was recommended by Max Mosley, whose father  (Oswald) incidentally is rumoured to have been seen with grass stains on his knees walking around the streets of Dallas on Novemeber 22 1963. Could it be that the FBI got the wrong Oswald or was it a mere coincidence? He was also allegedily seen drinking tea and eating soda bread with a well known Donegal hotelier in a cafe in down town Dallas on Nov 23 1963. The plot thickens I do believe!!!!! Some say that Mosley's association with McEniff was coincidental, but it is suspected in some quarters that it was a well-thought out tactical ploy by McEniff to eventually lure the Roscommon team, who we have already established have links to Oswald's son Max, up to Donegal for a fateful night of shenanigans. The ultimate aim of course was to put the skids under the Roscommon team so that Donegal would have an easy game in the qualifiers in 2008. All part of a bigger, much more complex long-term management strategy from the Donegal man.

I trust you are following the plot so far. :o

It must be stressed here that neither Max nor his father Oswald have ever expressed any interest in becoming manager of the Donegal senior football team either, although Max may be available for the 2009 season.

Frank Casey

Quote from: irunthev on September 06, 2008, 09:15:23 PM
She was brought in as a discipline expert and the Roscommon players seemed to like her so she has been retained by a succession of managers. Her management methods include whips chains bondage and domination. All very popular  :P She was recommended by Max Mosley, whose father  (Oswald) incidentally is rumoured to have been seen with grass stains on his knees walking around the streets of Dallas on Novemeber 22 1963. Could it be that the FBI got the wrong Oswald or was it a mere coincidence? He was also allegedily seen drinking tea and eating soda bread with a well known Donegal hotelier in a cafe in down town Dallas on Nov 23 1963. The plot thickens I do believe!!!!! Some say that Mosley's association with McEniff was coincidental, but it is suspected in some quarters that it was a well-thought out tactical ploy by McEniff to eventually lure the Roscommon team, who we have already established have links to Oswald's son Max, up to Donegal for a fateful night of shenanigans. The ultimate aim of course was to put the skids under the Roscommon team so that Donegal would have an easy game in the qualifiers in 2008. All part of a bigger, much more complex long-term management strategy from the Donegal man.

I trust you are following the plot so far. :o

It must be stressed here that neither Max nor his father Oswald have ever expressed any interest in becoming manager of the Donegal senior football team either, although Max may be available for the 2009 season.

And tis said that the Cork County Board works in mysterious ways.
KERRY 3:7

Rossfan

The ultimate aim of course was to put the skids under the Roscommon team so that Donegal would have an easy game in the qualifiers in 2008.

Ye got Bannon and them two ******s of linesmen to do that for ye. >:( >:( >:(

Begob our new Manager( Fergie please God) will have no trouble gettin commiyment from the panel if she was in charge of things physical.
I might even volunteer to be kit man  :D

RMDrive

Quote from: Rossfan on September 06, 2008, 10:06:48 PM

Oh yeah, thats right. Twas nothing to do with your players lack of ability. Just the ref and the linesman. God bless favouritism I say.

Rossfan

Quote from: RMDrive on September 06, 2008, 11:17:26 PM

Oh yeah, thats right. Twas nothing to do with your players lack of ability. Just the ref and the linesman. God bless favouritism I say.

Lighten up a bit ya eejit.
My piece was given in the lighthearted manner in which I took the pieces that led up to it.
Mind you Bannon is still a "nice chap"

RMDrive

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2008, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on September 06, 2008, 11:17:26 PM

Lighten up a bit ya eejit.
My piece was given in the lighthearted manner in which I took the pieces that led up to it.
Mind you Bannon is still a "nice chap"

LOL. Fair enough. Wrote that after coming in from the pub last night. Obviously my eye for humour was still in the pub!!

orangeman

The Donegal senior football squad have lashed out at the county board over their treatment of former manager Brian McIver.

McIver stepped down as manager of the county last week following a motion of no confidence in his position during a recent meeting.

In a joint statement, the players defended McIver's record and insisted that they want a say in the naming of the next manager.

The statement read: ' We believe the county board's actions were unfair and the manner of (Brian's) removal - through a vote of no confidence - left a lot to be desired.

'We would like to thank Brian sincerely for his efforts over the past three years - a period which was marked by the county's first ever National Football League title.

'Following Brian's removal, it is the squad's intention now to seek representation in the selection process for any future managerial appointments. We believe we can make a positive contribution in this regard by bringing our experience to the table

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can't see any harm in letting the players have some sort of representation on a selection panel - after-all its them will be spending the majority of time with him.
Tbc....

orangeman

The proposal to get the player representatives will obviously depend on Mc Eniff - if he wants them to have a say, they will have a say, if not, they'll not ! Simple.

Frank Casey

Will the panel be quoting the Cork situation as a precedent? The right to player involvement in the appointment of the football manager waskey to the dispute and its resolution.
KERRY 3:7

RMDrive

Quote from: Frank Casey on September 08, 2008, 08:36:08 PM
Will the panel be quoting the Cork situation as a precedent? The right to player involvement in the appointment of the football manager waskey to the dispute and its resolution.

I'm sure they will refer to it in their argument. Not sure if it's a good idea TBH.

J70

Quote from: orangeman on September 08, 2008, 05:00:40 PM
The proposal to get the player representatives will obviously depend on Mc Eniff - if he wants them to have a say, they will have a say, if not, they'll not ! Simple.

I know McEniff is considered the godfather of Donegal football, but that kind of statement is getting just a bit ridiculous!

Whacker

Quote from: orangeman on September 08, 2008, 05:00:40 PM

Does it not depend on that wee rat McHugh? See him slabbering again in todays IN saying it is a bad idea for the county board to let the players have their say.  Who cares what he thinks!

What do the Donegal Posters think of players having their say?

screenexile

What possible reasoning could McHugh have for not allowing players have a say in who manages the team? They're the ones who have to deal with the man the most so I would have thought the fact that they get a say would be a good thing?