EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Frank Casey on September 04, 2008, 11:05:26 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 04, 2008, 10:57:18 PM
Bricking it Frank

Just as I expected.

Exactly. Now go to the Gleneagles in Killarney this Saturday after the 'mother' of all training sessions amongst the Kerry squad, and spread the word, please  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

laceer

SON mightn't play a minute in the final..but it's taking the limelight off the likes of mccullagh and tommy mcguigan who are playing their first AIF as key forwards and free takers.maybe a smart move from harte?

as long as it makes tyrone better

what about midfield?
will holmes start?
cavanagh ff or mf?

SON aside - what way will they lineout?harte's bound to have some changes in mind

can't wait for this one!

comethekingdom

I've read this thread from start til here and am surprised by Tyrone peoples confidence because of SON's return. I agree that he is a gr8 footballer but dont get carried away yet boys - us kerry folk are not counting any chickens yet even with the boost of the Warhorse and PG's return. The game will be very tight and maybe put your few bob (€uros or funny money) on a draw as we havent had one since 2000 and Oct 5th may be THE decision day.

downgirl

Puckoon

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 04, 2008, 11:18:27 PM
I've read this thread from start til here and am surprised by Tyrone peoples confidence because of SON's return. I agree that he is a gr8 footballer but dont get carried away yet boys - us kerry folk are not counting any chickens yet even with the boost of the Warhorse and PG's return. The game will be very tight and maybe put your few bob (€uros or funny money) on a draw as we havent had one since 2000 and Oct 5th may be THE decision day.

Dont mistake excitement for confidence, as for any real supporter with an ounce of sense, excitement is all it is. We could have ger calvan, peter canavan and frank mcguigan playing for us and we would still be cautious of a very very dangerous kerry side.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Indeed, uncontrollable excitement and uncontainable exuberance, do not an ounce of over-confidence make!

laceer

Quote from: Puckoon on September 04, 2008, 11:21:20 PM

Dont mistake excitement for confidence, as for any real supporter with an ounce of sense, excitement is all it is. We could have ger calvan, peter canavan and frank mcguigan playing for us and we would still be cautious of a very very dangerous kerry side.

very true - i have wondered since 05 (and 03 before that) would there be the same buzz about getting to another final-in tyrone, contrary to some peoples opinions in and out of the county  ;) , all ireland finals are still pretty new to us. i'm looking forward to this just as much, maybe more than before.i would say i'm confident in tyrone but it'll be a mighty battle to beat the kingdom.kerry are very, very dangerous

Come on Tyrone

ardmhachaabu

Ye's would still be interested in a gabshite like yon?

Seriously like?

My own thoughts on this Kerry side is that they are vastly overrated when you look at the great Kerry teams of the past.  They had some proper opposition to getting the 3 in a rows that Kerry have achieved BUT not this squad.  This squad have actually been lucky not to face a northern team in the final every year (Armagh/Tyrone) since 2000 especially.  This Kerry squad are lucky to have achieved as much as they have.  If it hadn't have been for injuries, Ulster wouldn't have let Kerry get even as much as one AI since 2000, or at the least Ulster teams as a whole would have made Kerry fight for them at final level.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Puckoon

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 04, 2008, 11:49:36 PM

Seriously like?

Like him or loathe him, he was instrumental in 03, and his long range point taking was a joy to behold. His extra-curricular activities have nothing to do with my point.

laceer

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 04, 2008, 11:49:36 PM

Seriously like?

if he was 28 yes

My own thoughts on this Kerry side is that they are vastly overrated when you look at the great Kerry teams of the past.  They had some proper opposition to getting the 3 in a rows that Kerry have achieved BUT not this squad.  This squad have actually been lucky not to face a northern team in the final every year (Armagh/Tyrone) since 2000 especially.  This Kerry squad are lucky to have achieved as much as they have.  If it hadn't have been for injuries, Ulster wouldn't have let Kerry get even as much as one AI since 2000, or at the least Ulster teams as a whole would have made Kerry fight for them at final level.

they're as good as the celtic crosses they've got.1 in a row aint easy never mind two or three.

Fear ón Srath Bán

filthylittlebeast: can you lock this thread now please? (Enough about Stevie already, anything else should be in the context of the AIF (IMO))

redhandluke

Would suspect MH has made it a condition that SON returns for a considerable period of time i.e. next couple of seasons, in return for letting him return to the squad at this late stage.  Would be foolish to suspect MH willl just let him return for the Final.

On a another point and I think it was touched on earlier, if the players vote was a public vote, I feel the players would been under pressure to publicly endorse his return - I suspect a secret ballet would, it not change the outcome, would have resulted in not such a strong endorsement.  Anybody concur???

laceer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 05, 2008, 12:13:56 AM
filthylittlebeast: can you lock this thread now please? (Enough about Stevie already, anything else should be in the context of the AIF (IMO))

i think discussion about him is grand as long as it has to do with his impact on the final and what it might or mightn't be. how he got there (or not) is irrelevant. it's a big story for a few days anyway

you're bound to be a bit intrigued?

Star Spangler

Not every single player voted to have him back - if they did MH would have said so when he was asked but he avoided answering directly.

How fit is SON? Anyone see him play lately?