EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Sandy Hill

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 04, 2008, 01:25:03 PM
QuoteArmagh had Ulster's top Championship scorer of all time to call on, and didn't make the call. Hence Tyrone got a (relatively) easy semi final against Wexford

Poor Oisins back had been too badly damaged by years of bending over bookies benches! 

Offensive and personal remarks like this have no place on a GAA discussion board; sad!
"Stercus accidit"

Minder

Lets not get too precious, there were other rumours that have been posted about Mc Conville on this board would be deemed offensive. Im not sure calling someone a gambler is offensive, especially when he brought it into the public domain.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

his holiness nb

I suppose its exciting news for Tyrone, but will it unsettle some of the players in danger of missing out?
Having played all year, to sit in a meeting and hear players say they would love him back isnt going to do your confidence much good, and if you were genuinely thinking "feck him, I've played all along" theres a chance you wont say it in from of your team mates in case you look paranoid, not to mention some of them are good freinds of O'Neill.
I dont think any player could have said they dont want him back without a backlash of some description towards them.

So its a tricky one. There seems to be brilliant team spirit in Tyrone this year. Its risky to rock the boat imo, then again, he is a bloody good player!
Ask me holy bollix

Great Leap Forward

As an outsider looking in I would say that this decision would cause bad blood in most panels in the country.

The thing is that this Tyrone Panel has proven in the past to be more resilient and close knit than any team. How many county teams could have recovered from seeing 2 of their team-mates die tragically?

There is obviously a bond there that nothing can break.

full back

Why does this thread say it is started by filthylittlebeast?
Have the Mods merged it with another?
Ziggy will go f**king mental when he gets a look at this................

Well done for giving us an exclusive filthy ;)

small white mayoman

i know that people are going on about it disrupting the panel and that some one will miss out but players are selfish (not just saying tyrone players all players)  all this talk about it been a 30 man squad is bullshit all the players really think about is themselves firstly and their other 14 team mates and the 5 subs that will be used they don't really care too much about numbers 21-30 because as far as they see it they aren't going to help them win the match or in this case the Ai ( harsh but true ) and obviously in this case here the management and senior players think that it is their interest to have son back on the panel and who can blame them he is a quality player with loads of experience .

Disclaimer
i write the above comments as having been a member of the 21-30 club so i'm speaking from experience ;)
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Fuzzman

Living in Dublin and with the young wan I've not been able to attend any Clann games this year but from what I've heard he really is class and is well used to be double marked in both league and the Frank O'Neill cup matches

He's as strong as a horse and I know its a VERY controversial statement but he too often tries to ride the tackle and so Refs are slow to give him frees unless its the last minute of the AI semi v Armagh and McKeever has dragged him again.

I think he's worth at least 3 or 4 points and even for hitting Frees he's almost worth a start but I can't see it
I don't think Mickey will risk starting him nor will he do a PTG where he'll start take him off and put him on but God knows what master Mickey will come up with

Its certainly adding a great bit of spice to this years AI which we have done time and time again and I hope people will look at our score lines in years to come and say this was not a defensive minded team.

I wonder how Mugsy felt in that meeting as he'd be thinking I've done all the training asking of me and even switched to Diet Coke now but still I can't get my game.

Over the Bar

QuoteI wonder how Mugsy felt in that meeting as he'd be thinking I've done all the training asking of me and even switched to Diet Coke now but still I can't get my game.

Mugsy might defect to Armagh in protest, and with the orange beard might start a fanta-stic new look in Peter McDonnell's squad!

billy the kid

Mugsy has a ginger beard so he cant complain about not starting.

The only people allowed to grow ginger beards are Luke Kelly and Hamish from Braveheart.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

loughshore lad

By all accounts Mugsy was one of the players who was vocal in supporting the return of Stevie at the meetng last night.  Illustrates how driven this bunch of players are, and the team ethos that exists.

Over the Bar

QuoteThe only people allowed to grow ginger beards are Luke Kelly and Hamish from Braveheart.

Wha' aboot the Big Yin?

JUMBODEMPSEY

The Tyrone players voted to have him back...Micky runs a tight ship and if the players are more than happy with it, then the real Tyrone supporters have to be happy with it...

As for the players that will possibly be pushed down the pecking order, do they not have a better chance of winning an All Ireland medal with the pedigree of Stevie O'Neill in the team....just think of the ROAR when he enters the fray or even starts to warm  along the Hogan Stand if things were getting tight...

Add in the fact that hes worth a few points to Tyrone everytime he plays no to mention the amount of space he'll create for the rest of the team....

Great Call Micky...Looking forward to it even more now.

screenexile

I don't know about this. No doubt an unreal talent but this can go one of 2 ways. It will lift the team when in need or it will demoralise them completely.

I also think that although it was a 'unanimous' player decision it looks to me that there were probably a few high profile players who really pushed the issue and other lads went along with it so as not to rock the boat. If things go pear shaped these lads will start to voice their opinions and it could divide the team at a very important time.

Regardless we are at an All Ireland final stage and you always want to see the best players playing on days like these so good luck to him. There will be some roar when he comes on alright but if he comes off the field a loser there will be not so much be a roar but a constant stream of criticism flying around Tyrone!

JUMBODEMPSEY

I know that but if you think back O'Neill was a bit player in 2003, i think it was because of college committments in foreign shores, but when it mattered he was there....

Think he scored at least 2, maybe 3 points in that final against Armagh coming on just before half time and the same again would do nicely....