EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Think Mickey Harte is going to nullify the impact of Kerry introducing Paul Galvin. Just imagine, if Galvin was introduced with 20 mins to go. It would really raise the Kerry team and supporters. However, if SO'N is then introduced almost immediately, the Tyrone team and supporters will get an even greater lift. The impact of Galvin will be lost and Tyrone will be at an advantage.

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on September 04, 2008, 11:38:07 AM
Quote from: gerry on September 04, 2008, 11:28:25 AM
no doubt if the news had broke earlier alan rodgers from the gaelic life would have had a dozen pages on SoN and all its pros and cons.

I believe ONeill had a few choice words for him last week, when Rodgers mooted the idea in the Gaelic Life ;)

Anyway, I hear Alan's unhappy that I got the scoop before him hehe

Good man Ziggy !  ;) ;D

Bensars

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 04, 2008, 11:40:44 AM
It could effect any of Niall Gormley, Colm Cavanagh, Ryan Mellon, Mugsy, Penrose, Ciaran Gourley  or Colin Holmes...

Potentially even one of Colly McCullagh & Tommy McGuigan or Brian McGuigan!

FFS . Why dont you name the entire panel, backroom staff and Mickey Harte as well !

Stop being such a drama queen !

Over the Bar

QuoteExpect to see SON, on and off every five or ten minutes like a yoyo, a la Canavan in the 2003 Final

Was that the day Tyrone had one man with half a leg and another with the flu yet beat Armagh by 3 points?  ;D

time ticking away

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 04, 2008, 11:40:44 AM
It could effect any of Niall Gormley, Colm Cavanagh, Ryan Mellon, Mugsy, Penrose, Ciaran Gourley  or Colin Holmes...

Potentially even one of Colly McCullagh & Tommy McGuigan or Brian McGuigan!

I know SON is class but he can only replace one player at a time
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

take_yer_points

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 04, 2008, 11:31:07 AM
It has many pros and a few cons.

The only two players, IMO, there will be any real impact on is Penrose or Mulligan. One, probably both, will be subs on AIF day and it will be harder for them to get game time. I would expect it to be harder for Mulligan now but Penrose should be ok.

Apparantly that was the content of the meeting last night with the players - weighing up the pros and cons of bringing Stevie back and the players deciding what they wanted.

Over the moon he's back!!

thejuice

16 pages, be-jesus,

but had he not left due to poor performance? is his form back at club level. Going from retirment straight into an AI final is no easy task. We'll see on the day i suppose.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

saffron sam2

As a purist and a neutral I am delighted that O'Neill is back in the Tyrone squad. A player with his ability will undoubtedly light up the final.

Another ingredient in what could be a fantastic match for us neutrals.

Of course, it could equally be a dung game.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Bogball XV

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2008, 10:27:09 AM
Expect to see SON, on and off every five or ten minutes like a yoyo, a la Canavan in the 2003 Final
wouldn't an auld blood injury to penrose or somebody be very fortuitous ;)

T Fearon

What it all boils down to is Harte's shrewdness. He knows he hasn't got a marquee forward to seriosuly challenge Kerry and knows full well that while the likes of backs out of position like Mc Mahon, the ageing Dooher and Colm Mc Cullagh might get you over the likes of Wexford and Dublin, they carry no wehere near sufficient ability to concern Kerry

ziggysego

Who did Armagh have to call on Tony? Did you get a phone call to tog out?
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Armagh had Ulster's top Championship scorer of all time to call on, and didn't make the call. Hence Tyrone got a (relatively) easy semi final against Wexford ;)

ziggysego

So your best player wasn't good enough? Fair enough Tony.
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

QuoteArmagh had Ulster's top Championship scorer of all time to call on, and didn't make the call. Hence Tyrone got a (relatively) easy semi final against Wexford

Poor Oisins back had been too badly damaged by years of bending over bookies benches! 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

corn02