EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20leg-end08

Quote from: Jinxy on September 04, 2008, 12:58:02 AM
Yis are like little kids at Christmas Eve that can't wait for the morning. GET UP TO YOUR BEDS!!

Waiting for the man with the beard to give us our present :D

Stevie, Mugsy, Mulgrew, C. Cavanagh, Penrose/McGuigan, Gormley and Shaun O'Neill aren't a bad locka forwards to hav on the bench on all-ireland day
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

tyssam5

Strange one this, I didn't think O'Neill would  be the type to come in at the last minute. Will wait until we hear more, I think we are doing well as it is, maybe this is just a cunning distraction tactic to take media pressure of the other players??

RedandGreenSniper

I'm absolutely flummoxed reading this!!! There are so many different ways to look at it. What amazes me is that he has been obviously back training for a few weeks and word hasn't got out. Ye Tyrone boys obviously know how to keep a secret!!

How up to the pace he is remains to be seen but here mere presence alone is a boost for Tyrone and, as tyssam05 says, it takes a helluva lot of pressure of the other players.

If Mayo made it to the final this year would McDonald be brought back? I doubt it but sin sceal eile
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Puckoon

Christ almighty - the possibilities. Big Sean back out to midfield, Stephen straight in at 14. Big Sean and Stephen and Tommy in a 3 man full forward line with McCullagh and McGuigan feeding them ball all day. Big Joe in midfield. Stephen and Mulligan warming up along the sideline.

Gabriel_Hurl

If this is true - I've a feeling Big Sean will be not fit to play

orangeman

Doire abú

Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2008, 11:27:55 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 03, 2008, 11:26:03 PM
Stevie won't be starting (if he is back), and he must have been training to the extreme if he'd be in shape to come on as an impact sub. Still, we'll take it!

Sure didn't he score 0-4 in the Frank O'Neill cup final the other week for the Clanns???  :P

lol funniest post on the board ever.

Quote from: ONeill on September 03, 2008, 11:29:40 PM
Quote from: Rois on September 03, 2008, 11:27:55 PM

Sure didn't he score 0-4 in the Frank O'Neill cup final the other week for the Clanns???  :P

What would Art say? I'll give you a call when Kerry play in the Frank O'Neill Cup!

lol I was gonna reply with the exact same thing. Art's a tara man for the great spakes.

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 04, 2008, 12:04:13 AM
As an outsider can I ask one question.

If Tyrone win and O'Neill gets a medal surely he is elbowing some gom that has trained his nads off for the past 9 months. Isn't there a limit on the number of medals.

Is this right?

I think the GAA ask you how many you need and you get 30 free and the county board has to pay for the rest. That's the way it works in club competitions as far as I know. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

P.S. do managers and trainers etc get medals?
P.P.S. Say Tyrone had won Ulster this year and go on to win the AI, do you reckon SON would get an Ulster medal as well as a Celtic Cross, or only the Celtic Cross?

Good to see O'Neill back cause if Tyrone did win, I'm sure missing out on a third AI medal would be the sort of thing you'd regret for the rest of your life.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: tyrone86 on September 04, 2008, 12:11:51 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 04, 2008, 12:04:13 AM
As an outsider can I ask one question.

If Tyrone win and O'Neill gets a medal surely he is elbowing some gom that has trained his nads off for the past 9 months. Isn't there a limit on the number of medals.

Is this right?

I actually don't know what the story is. As far as I know there are 30 medals given to the county, but there definitely was 31 on the panel in 03 and I'm sure there was over 30 in 05 as well. There are 31 on it currently so I don't know. In fairness though, there must be 32 on the Kerry panel at the moment because there was 30 named on Sunday and you have Galvin and Dara to come back in as well

30 & the County Board can pay for more to be made up. Mayo did this for the lads from the 50 & 51 teams (I think) it only took a wait of 56 years or so for them to get their hands on their Celtic Cross ("Mayo God Help Us")   :)

aontroim

Just mentioned by PC on Today FM sport bulletin there now....

ONeill

Hard to read the implications. One thing, Stephen O'Neill must be extremely well liked and respected by all the players for there not to be dissenting voices, and that wouldn't surprise me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Goats Do Shave

So Big Sean returns till midfield, Stevie back in full forward, Holmes loses out?

Poor Mugsy will need scraped up off the floor after this news!

This might have come from the players, but not all of them! - I reckon it has come from the senior players, McGuigan, Cavanagh, Jordan & most noteably Dooher! Can't imagine those on the fringes of the starting 15 will be happy to lose their place, at any stage of the AI Final!

Long term it's good news, he's a class act - lovely footballer to watch.

imagine

There'll be men on the panel that will shave their beards in a clean(shaven) protest.

Norf Tyrone

People questioning if Stevie is in good enough physical nick. I am far from an expert in fitness, but he would be training with the club twice a week. AFAIK Ciaran McLaughlin is still the Clann's manager so he'd have a rep as a fairly good trainer, and as a member of the county board a close ear with Harte.

Also as a teacher Stevie has been off for two months. He doesn't drink, so how do you fill the two months- I know that makes me sound like an alcho. Training. In fact twice in the last three weeks he has past me (Not overtaking now) on a bike during the day. I'd say Stevie's attitude and his own ethos means he would be a fairly fit lad anyhow.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gerry

great news as it gives us and MH another option.  was not on the board late last night and heard the radio news this morning saying SON was back and i thought more crap being talked, then i come on here and ziggy has the scoop of the year.

being trying to get on tyrone homepage but is crashed. :D :D

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

QuoteOne party must have removed whatever obstacle was there

would love to have being a fly on the wall when the chat was going on.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,