EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filthylittlebeast

Ok guys  :D  :D not sure if anyone else has heard the rumor but I heard over the weekend that Stephen O'Neill might make a shock comeback to the team for the Final?? I thought he and Mickey Harte didn't get along so not sure of the truth in this rumour!! It was be great to have him on the team though on the 21st !! he was there when tyrone did it in '03 and '05 !  It is believed an approach was made by the management to ask him back out of retirement but he declined... but who knows what might happen....!!!

Also, what was the craic with putting Mugsy on the pitch for 2 minutes at the very end of the Tyrone Wexford match?? He isn't playing too good this season at all so i can't understand why they put him on at all !!  :P

ziggysego

That rumour has been running all year and will continue to run until 5pm on Sunday 21st September.

SoN is NOT making a return visit to Tyrone, I repeat NOT.
Testing Accessibility

filthylittlebeast

ah but u never know !!! he's the younger version of Peter Canavan !! It will be an awful pity if he didn't come back and they won the title this year!! He would feel like he really missed out... but then again if you can't get along with the manager then that makes life a little tough doesnt it...... !!!

ziggysego

If SoN was to come back, outsides (Tony, etc.) will be saying that Tyrone can't win Sam without him. Mickey will want to prove the naysayers wrong.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

For all his natural ability, would Stephen be up to the speed of All-Ireland Final football? How would you feel if you were dropped after geting the side there? I thought the Gaelic Life story was hilarious. He plays well for the Clanns and some bucko from Beragh reckons he may return.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on September 01, 2008, 10:46:40 PM
If SoN was to come back, outsides (Tony, etc.) will be saying that Tyrone can't win Sam without him. Mickey will want to prove the naysayers wrong.
If Mickey lands another AI, he won't give a crap about what anyone says, nor should he.

filthylittlebeast

ach all the same it would be great to see him one last time on the field with the rest of the greats such as mulligan and dooher and cavanagh !! Speaking of Sean Cavanagh did you see the poor guy was in tears that he had to leave the pitch on Sunday due to injury??!! Poor lad !! ah sure he can make up for that on the 21st !!!

filthylittlebeast

Your damn right if Harte wins another AI he won't care what anyone at all says !! Its the team working together not separate individuals!! I think its about time they won it! It is going to be tough against Kerry but we managed it before so we can manage it again! We have some of the original members who beat Kerry before so therefore have the knowledge and experience!! Fingers crossed Sam will be going up North this year.

Over the Bar

screenexile

Is Sean Cavanagh a feature of the new metrosexual male in the GAA?? Of course there were men who cried when put out of the championship but that's at least 2 occasions he's turned on the waterworks and Tyrone have still won the match. Is it now acceptable for Footballers to cry when things don't go their way? He'll be OK for the final apparently so I wonder what the big deal was!

lynchbhoy

gazza cavanagh

theres no london in tyrone ,looks like there are no real men either!
;)

orangeman

Stephen is NOT coming back this week or next month - maybe not EVER !

man in black

Quote from: orangeman on September 02, 2008, 10:51:27 AM
Stephen is NOT coming back this week or next month - maybe not EVER !

I heard different, word is he is champing at the bit.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ONeill

Quote from: man in black on September 02, 2008, 10:52:46 AM

I heard different, word is he is champing at the bit.

Champing? At the bit? Isn't that illegal?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black