EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

[Edit - never mind]

orangeman

Former Tyrone All Star Stephen O'Neill believes that it will come down to who wants it more when Tyrone face Kerry in this year's All-Ireland SFC final.

The two last met in the September decider back in 2005 when O'Neill, who retired from inter-county football last January, was apart of the second ever Tyrone team to win an All-Ireland in an enthralling clash with the Kingdom, and he thinks it is going to be very tough for Mickey Harte's men to repeat that on September 21.

"It's going to be a very tough game. Kerry are going for three in-a-row and I suppose the team they'd want to beat would be Tyrone - to maybe confirm how good a team they are," said O'Neill.

"I think Tyrone will be all right, they are working very hard and everybody seems to be coming right at the right time. Both teams have had a lot of tough games, but I just don't think it comes down to the amount of games you play in a year. It's just on the day.

"There have been some freak results this year in the Championship. It will be down to who plays well on the day and I hope that will be Tyrone."

Meanwhile, O'Neill himself has ruled out any possibility of making a dramatic return to the Red Hands set-up for the final.

"The door is closed (to me). There will be no call at this stage, I think. The boys are doing well enough.

"I'm just too long out of it. I don't know if I would be able to manage that pace."

Clear enough ???

ziggysego

More chance of Shane O'Neill than Stephen O'Neill togging out on the 21st for Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

man in black

Quote from: ziggysego on September 02, 2008, 12:44:11 PM
More chance of Shane O'Neill than Stephen O'Neill togging out on the 21st for Tyrone.

Why do you say that?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 02, 2008, 12:55:03 PM
The board's Shane I mean ;)

Very true!

By the way Ziggy you must have had an awful thirst on you on Sunday, was that you I saw ouside Quinns waiting to get in before 11  ;)

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 02, 2008, 01:02:57 PM

Very true!

By the way Ziggy you must have had an awful thirst on you on Sunday, was that you I saw ouside Quinns waiting to get in before 11  ;)

He was bursting for a pish, same as the rest of us !  ;D

D4S

I think this is a stupid pointless thread.  Can't see O'Neill being asked back at all it would show a complete lack of respect to all the panel.  He opted out at start of year, and I'm sure some would feel a bit  aggrieved after all the hard work they put in all year.  I also believe that even if for some reason he was to be asked back he would decline anyway for same reason!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

ziggysego

Very true!

Actually, yes that was me!  :D

Big steps, so couldn't get in.  :(
Testing Accessibility

loughshore lad

Quote from: ziggysego on September 02, 2008, 01:49:04 PM

Very true!

Actually, yes that was me!  :D

Big steps, so couldn't get in.  :(

I spotted the Greencastle rain jacket so assumed it must have been you  ;)

ONeill

O'NEILLS AT LOGGERHEADS
Shane O'Neill has moved early to scotch rumours that he may tog out for Tyrone in this year's All-Ireland final against Kerry. The rumour began when a GAA messageboard scribe intimated that it would be more likely to see Shane rather than Stephen O'Neill line out against the Kingdom.

A rather perturbed Shane stated, 'I don't know where these rumours have come from. Empty vessels make the most noise. It's not a nice place to be. Sure I haven't recovered from the mauling by Sean Douglas in the 1991 Grade 3 U16 final. This is a testing time for my family but I urge them to stay strong and not to entertain the thought that I'll be running around Croke Park on the 21st with the asthma and all."

Stephen O'Neill refused to deny the rumour that Shane will start in his phantom place, confirming, 'Listen, i cannot speak for the man himself. I believe his last performance was for the Emeralds in Birmingham and that he was substituted after 55 mins. I'd doubt whether that is the sort of form that'll put the shits up Killian Young but fair play to him he he has kept himself in shape."

Ladbrokes have refused to lay odds on the possibility and O'Neill refused to answer who he thought would lose their place if he did return, choosing instead to buy a chip, pea, onion and gravy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

his holiness nb

Quote from: filthylittlebeast on September 01, 2008, 10:52:32 PM
I think its about time they won it!

Its only been 3 years ffs.
Its official, you lot have been spoilt rotten lately!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

maddog

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2008, 01:56:04 PM
O'NEILLS AT LOGGERHEADS
I believe his last performance was for the Emeralds in Birmingham and that he was substituted after 55 mins.

is that when you got replaced by Maggie Roche?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2008, 01:56:04 PM
O'NEILLS AT LOGGERHEADS
Shane O'Neill has moved early to scotch rumours that he may tog out for Tyrone in this year's All-Ireland final against Kerry. The rumour began when a GAA messageboard scribe intimated that it would be more likely to see Shane rather than Stephen O'Neill line out against the Kingdom.

A rather perturbed Shane stated, 'I don't know where these rumours have come from. Empty vessels make the most noise. It's not a nice place to be. Sure I haven't recovered from the mauling by Sean Douglas in the 1991 Grade 3 U16 final. This is a testing time for my family but I urge them to stay strong and not to entertain the thought that I'll be running around Croke Park on the 21st with the asthma and all."

Stephen O'Neill refused to deny the rumour that Shane will start in his phantom place, confirming, 'Listen, i cannot speak for the man himself. I believe his last performance was for the Emeralds in Birmingham and that he was substituted after 55 mins. I'd doubt whether that is the sort of form that'll put the shits up Killian Young but fair play to him he he has kept himself in shape."

Ladbrokes have refused to lay odds on the possibility and O'Neill refused to answer who he thought would lose their place if he did return, choosing instead to buy a chip, pea, onion and gravy.

Sean Douglas  :D
He gave many a good one the run around!!

ziggysego

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 02, 2008, 01:50:58 PM
I spotted the Greencastle rain jacket so assumed it must have been you  ;)

Have to show my club side off too loughshore ;) You should have said hello.
Testing Accessibility