Mayo v Tyrone AI Minor Final

Started by REDCOL, August 31, 2008, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The referee was absolutely atrocious today. His bias towards the team behind was chronic, to the point of being embarrassing.

Well done Tyrone. Sort of stumbled over the line but with the likes of Harte, Tierney, Gervin and the Island forward, we're in good health.

The greatest year for Tyrone GAA.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

REDCOL

Just a few thoughts on the Mayo Team.

Robert Hennelly - Brilliant year. Kept us in it all day, made a mistake but probably one of our best prospects
David Dolan - Gave his usual steady performance
Kevin Keane - Didnt reach the heights of his earlier perfomances, but stiill has a great chance of progressing to Seniors
John Broderick - Like Dolan steady if unspectacular
Shane McHale - Not his best day could of been replaced earlier
Eoin Reilly - Played a lot of ball, needs to bulk up a bit
Shane Nally - Probably Mayo MOM, ran out of steam in ET two great points could be a new improved Noel Connelly
Ger Cafferty - IMO the best prospect on the team
Ger McDonagh - Very good secondhalf
Cathal Freeman - Not as effective as last week needs to work on his right side but another prospect
Aidan O Se - Great Hands, Skillful for a big man, but needs to track back better
Ray Geraghty - Should not of been taken off was a constant danger unlike many of the forwards
Kieran Charlton - Did not get going at all, his man scored two points should have went sooner
Aidan Walsh - Will be a great minor next year, took pressure frees brilliantly
Alex Corduff - Too sluggish for FF line, tried but should have been replaced

Had a great year following this team, at every match and the improvement was amazing. We just lacked a couple of top class forwards. Some great memories especially Limerick. They played with great spirit and we all should be proud of them. Some faith has been restored in Mayo football.

KIDDO 4

Pity the headmaster  did not drive  up past the pitch , take the  first road to the right and park at the closest  housing estate  to the  pitch carpark  , would certainly have  enjoyed his day out a lot better , surprised he   pannicked I also came in the same route and  parked very close to the pitch . Was the esteemed   poster not at the ground for the quarter final or did he  not visit the ground when his beloved defeatedStJarleths in the 2007 Hogan cupsemi final.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 27, 2008, 09:26:37 PM
The referee was absolutely atrocious today. His bias towards the team behind was chronic, to the point of being embarrassing.

Well done Tyrone. Sort of stumbled over the line but with the likes of Harte, Tierney, Gervin and the Island forward, we're in good health.

The greatest year for Tyrone GAA.
Great football county. Poor gaa county.  ;)

clarshack

i recorded the game on sky+ but because it went to extra time it didnt record it all. it got to about 8 minutes into extra time. (f*ckin sky+ should have artificial intelligence) can anyone help out?

Tony Baloney

Check out the sky+ to dvd thread on general discussion. Norf tyrone will send you a copy I'm sure when he gets it onto dvd.

gerry

another great result for tyrone, what a year for us
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Fenway

Lads if the Ref was truly biased he would have given us a penalty for a blatant pick off the ground by your full back and another for the pull on O'sheas shirt when he was through on goal by No 6 Harte in the first 5 minutes. I thought he was bad for both of us.

orangeman

The referee was truly awful today - something along the lines of the Crossmaglen ref who reffed Tyrone and Westmeath this year in Omagh - Had Tyrone lost it would have been a real injustice but his bias / poor performance will be covered up by Tyrone actually winning.

Is there any way of the general public getting access to his assessment ?.

This should be published for all to see.

Well done to Tyrone - I said before the game on this board that they'd win by at least 5.

Great year for Tyrone football - unfortunately it doesn't and can't get any bette than this - so let's saviour the moment, the weeks and months ahead !

give her dixie

Today, as a proud Tyrone man, this is an incredible feeling.......
One week celebrating Sam, and now another week celebrating Tom............................
Ye Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Main Street

Quote from: Fenway on September 28, 2008, 12:19:25 AM
Lads if the Ref was truly biased he would have given us a penalty for a blatant pick off the ground by your full back and another for the pull on O'sheas shirt when he was through on goal by No 6 Harte in the first 5 minutes. I thought he was bad for both of us.
Don't mind these veteran paranoiacs, the ref was poor for both sides.

Maguire01

Another very entertaining game. Some of those minors are bloody massive though! If Tyrone get the overlap between some of these minors and the current seniors, there'll be a few more Sams over the next decade or so.

ziggysego

Not so, the Mayo ones I was chatting to at the game thought he was terrible towards Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Barney

Congrats to Tyrone - truly the new superpower in GAA. A deserved victory, just slightly better of two hugely committed and talented teams.

Thought the ref was poor towards both teams. In my view having seen the men in the senior match between the two counties and this game he is not fit to ref at the highest level. But the secret of getting to the top as a ref is to be fussy about some technical aspect of the game - in this case picking the ball clean off the ground. It doesn't matter how much else you get wrong the assessors love to see the techncial fouls picked up on and will not be rewarding general control of a game and contribution to letting a match flow.

It is deeply depressing to yet again lose another big final. Nothing else could have been done by the players. Over two weeks they gave every ounce of energy and heart that they had. A magnificent bunch of lads.

Every defeat makes it harder and harder to see us getting over the line some day. Will it ever happen? I'm just going to keep the head down for the next month or so before thinking about the league, and probably more frustration that will no doubt lies ahead. One thing is patently clear though - if our senior players could take something from the attitude of these minor lads they would be far more successful.

nrico2006

QuoteThe ref wasn't biased, he was just poor.
Even if he missed the most blatant of all,  the Mayo goalkeeper clearly handling the ball on the ground outside the area.

I was raging at some of his decisions - the above mentioned incident along with lots of other ones.  He was inconsistent regarding the pick up, and could have gave Mayo a penalty for one such incident, but instead gave them a 45 whenever the Mayo No.14 blatantly pushed the Tyrone back over the line.  In general the ref was very reluctant to give Tyrone frees for 'pushes' in the back etc.  One crazy tackle was made by O'Shea (I think) on a Tyrone player around the centre 3/4 spot to win possession and the resulting punt ended up in the Tyrone net via a Mayo fist.  Also, why the ref didn't allow the goal to stand instead of awarding the penalty - play advantage!!!!!   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'