Mayo v Tyrone AI Minor Final

Started by REDCOL, August 31, 2008, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingmule

congrats tyrone!   :-* :-* :-* :-*

better team by miles ..... the clown in middle  done his best to deny you  .... a total embarrassment!

Yes I Would

Quote from: kickingmule on September 27, 2008, 07:27:59 PM
congrats tyrone!   :-* :-* :-* :-*

better team by miles ..... the clown in middle  done his best to deny you  .... a total embarrassment!

Looks like you have your feed of pints in you already mule.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Congratulations to the Minors on a great achievement :). Truly a great year for Tyrone GAA.

Was a bit worried that last week's victory took us to 13 All-Irelands overall, wouldnt have wanted to be stuck on that unlucky number for long so great to have quickly jumped onto 14 ;D.

Someone please steal Kyle Coney's passport.

kickingmule

hahaha.......  the soup is flowing, yes  ...... ;) ;) ;)

red hander

Great game ... managed to sneak away from work to watch it ... two excellent teams, but I thought the ref was very dodgy.  Must say, I feel very sorry for the Mayo keeper after his mistake, he was brilliant and made one of the best saves I've ever seen in my life

Jinxy

Yeah it was some save. He was diving before the Tyrone player even fisted it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

An Fear Rua

only thing missing is Liam!  ;)

well done the minors, a superb year in Tyrone GAA history, an honour to watch and support.
Its Grim up North

TBT

Entertaining game. As a neutral, I thought the ref was absolutely pathetic. He missed two Mayo penalties and gave a series of bizarre scorable frees against Tyrone for the majority of the game. If Tyrone would have lost they would have serious questions asked.

sam03/05

just back froom the game. It really has been a wonderful year to be a Tyrone follower. I have followed the minors in almost every game this year including Ulster league games. I think it is as talented a minor team as I have seen, including the great team of 98.

I thought the referee was awful today, he really didnt want tyrone to win. It was almost impossible to get a free, when running with the ball, if you were a tyrone player.

imtommygunn

TYP I don't think there was a wide given as a point and no-one talked about it on tv so not sure what you're talking about there...

Harte is a very good ball player like you boys said. Is he Davy's brother?

Main Street

Good report TYP.
We couldn't hear the crowd noise on TV that much with the one RTE microphone.
There looked to be a fair few thousand Tyrone supporters on the pitch after the game.

The ref wasn't biased, he was just poor.
Even if he missed the most blatant of all,  the Mayo goalkeeper clearly handling the ball on the ground outside the area.

crossfire

Quote from: muppet on September 27, 2008, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Bensars on September 27, 2008, 05:12:27 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 27, 2008, 05:00:55 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 27, 2008, 04:59:53 PM
Kerry have not a minor  senior double this decade.

There has only ever been one other, 1980.

Dublin 1958  and i think Kerry also did it prior to that

Edit Kerry also in 1931 and 1946

I stand corrected, Dublin in 1958 is a definite. Not going to check the others.

Tyrone become the third team to win the all Ireland minor and senior championships in the same year.

Kerry did it in 1931, 1932, 1946, 1962, 1975, and 1980.

Dublin did it in 1958.

ziggysego

Fantastic game and a great win for Tyrone. Mayo were brilliant too and it's a pity someone had to lose. Was great meeting the educator TYP down on the pitch.
Testing Accessibility

kickingmule

make no mistake about it .... he was blately biased  to the point of embarrassment!

tyrone lads would have been  out ot site@ half-time ...only for the bollicks :-[ >:(

well done tyrone ..... and great supporters..... ur..

StoneWall

Aidan O'Shea is a fine footballer but I can't see him making it at senior county level unless at full forward. His man did so much damage today coming up the field today. I'm afraid he won't have the mobility or pace for senior inter county.