Mayo v Tyrone AI Minor Final

Started by REDCOL, August 31, 2008, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

red and green, very nicely put.
I would like to add that these lads win,lose or draw should be encouraged to keep themselves right and train with the senior panel in the new year, it would be a shame for such good quality players to slip away when the potential of a great senior side may be lying there. I know not all great minors become great seniors but some do.
High time Mayo started to see the light.

the Deel Rover

Good posts there moysider and red and green and in fairness to you did name 5 or 6 players last may who proved last sunday that they have what it takes. Dempsey deserves a lot or credit as well after last year i know some people were wondering was he the man for the job but any one that knows ray knows that he is an astute manager and a deep thinker on the game christ if you ever get talking to him all he will talk about if football so i would be delighted for him as well if the boys did it on sunday , as you said moydider we still have the individaul talent Nally is a n excellent player that point he got with the outside of the boot under the hogan stand was a beauty and o'shea has it all ( i think the juice said it earlier in this thread that the aussies would be definatley interested in him and he is right )  . What i have noticed in the difference in physique from this team and say our 2005 minor team that lost to Down the difference in size in unreal its like boys compared to men
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Quote from: blast05 on September 24, 2008, 08:21:40 PM
QuoteObviously hit a nerve with your blast

Jaysus, i could have sworn i replied to this yesterday ...... anyway, no nerve - in fact i couldn't give a hoot - only winding.
Anyway, serious question - what ever happened to Keenagh GAA club ? Were they not a completely seperate club to Crossmolina that competed in North Junior exclusive and winter league and competitions like that and yet seemed to have players that either also played with Cross at the time or else went on to play with Cross ...... maybe this question hit a nerve and a mod deleted it  :P

:D :D :D they must have blast ;) i don't know really what the story was with keenagh all i ever remember was the winter league and as you said that was played mostly with cross lads and lads from rakestreet , i played the winter league myself great auld crack altogether one year we won it down in moygownagh and god rest mattie heffernan was manager Christ it was like winning an all ireland , mattie was gas picking the team he used to say well there are my five lads and pick another 10 after that :D :D to tell you the truth i don't know what happened after that Ros is probably the man with the answers
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on September 24, 2008, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2008, 10:29:02 PM
Any chance of them moving Petey Harte into the forwards? Saw him play on the 40, in the UMCFC and in the Tyrone championship agin Clonoe. He looked a lot more comfortable there. He was Errigal's best player in the senior championship. Great link man. Or are they robbing Peter to pay Paul Diarmuid?

Neat one Shane.

Petey is the man for the 40 but under this management it won't happen.  His talent has allowed him to continue to shine but O'Shea gave him a torrid time on Sunday.  McNulty needs to play in front of midfield, on Sunday he wasted so much having to forage on the half back line.  Diarmuid can play a great game in the full forward line if allowed to move out to collect the ball leaving a two man inside line.  Petey is the invventive forward that the team is crying out for.

Petey Harte wasn't marking O'Shea on Sunday !!!!!!!!

blast05

QuoteI'd have no hesitation in picking at least 10 of the Tyrone lads  over their Mayo counterparts, perhaps not on the strength of Sunday but what I've seen from clubs, colleges, development squads et al  over the past 3 or 4 years and knowing these lads are footballers in the truest sense.

So i take it you have equally watched all of the Mayo minors with their clubs, colleges, development squads etc over the last few years to come to such an informed decision re what the best 15 of all those on display the last day would be ?? ?? ??  ::)

tyrone86

Quote from: blast05 on September 25, 2008, 12:24:05 PM
So i take it you have equally watched all of the Mayo minors with their clubs, colleges, development squads etc over the last few years to come to such an informed decision re what the best 15 of all those on display the last day would be ?? ?? ??  ::)

No, what I'm saying is I'd be full of confidence in the Tyrone lads and I fully expect them to do themselves justice on Saturday. That's not trying to denigrate the Mayo fellas, O'Shea, Freeman, Walsh and Nally, amongst others, are exceptional footballers judging on what I've seen from the Quarter Finals until now. Don't be so touchy  :P

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: tyrone86 on September 25, 2008, 12:59:46 PM
Quote from: blast05 on September 25, 2008, 12:24:05 PM

No, what I'm saying is I'd be full of confidence in the Tyrone lads and I fully expect them to do themselves justice on Saturday. That's not trying to denigrate the Mayo fellas, O'Shea, Freeman, Walsh and Nally, amongst others, are exceptional footballers judging on what I've seen from the Quarter Finals until now. Don't be so touchy  :P

Lads the two teams went at each other hell for leather in one of the best games I have seen in a long time. They were level 6/7 times and finished up level, so I think it is fair to say based on that that neither team would get 10 players into a 'pick of the 2 teams'! Both teams had players who underperformed and players who were on top of their game. Some of these players will have reversed fortunes the next day, sin e.

Looking to the game on Sat, i'd say both teams will feel they have areas to work on. Mayo may have handed Tyrone a draw the last day, but Tyrone really let Mayo off the hook with some of their woeful shooting, so both teams should be glad to have a second chance the next day.
I think Mayo had Tyrone's style of play sussed by the end of the game, i.e. once both teams came out for the second half Dempsey had sorted out the problems that were seen in the 10-15 mins before half-time. That is what gives me most encouragement and what gives me the confidence these lads will seal the deal the next day. It won't be as emphatic as the Kerry replay but hopefully we'll have a point or two to spare over this fine Tyrone team.

orangeman

Tyrone will win by 5 - Mayo are a good side but Tyrone played poorly. I think Mayo had big games from their big men last day out - Tyrone's big men will have bigger games on Saturday.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: orangeman on September 25, 2008, 01:28:31 PM
Tyrone will win by 5 - Mayo are a good side but Tyrone played poorly. I think Mayo had big games from their big men last day out - Tyrone's big men will have bigger games on Saturday.

i think thats a big ask orangeman  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

orangeman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 25, 2008, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 25, 2008, 01:28:31 PM

i think thats a big ask orangeman  ;)

Maybe -  but I'd be biased in my assessment. ;)

tyrone86

1   Tim Harney  Gleann Eallaigh
2   Finbar McQuaid  Eochar
3   Gavin Teague  Árd Bó
4   Ronan Tierney  Aireagal Chiaráin
5   Stephen MacRory  Aireagal Chiaráin
6   Peter Harte  Aireagal Chiaráin
7   Ronan McNabb  An Droim Mór
8   Niall McKenna  Domhnach Mór
9   Martin Rodgers  An Bearach
10  Ciaran Gervin  Doire Locháin
11  Dairmaid McNulty  An Goirtín
12  Matthew Donnelly  Trí Leac
13  Kyle Coney  Árd Bó
14  Paddy McNeice  Oilean a'Ghuail
15  Conor O'Neill  An Droim Mór

16  Ronan McAnenly  Aireagal Chiaráin
17  Kevin Mossey An Goirtín
18  Shane O'Neill  An Maigh
19  Sean Warnock  An Caisleán Glas
20  Brian McGarvey  An Goirtín
21  Ruiari Keenan  An Goirtín
22  Michael Slane  An Charraig Mhór
23  Brian Kelly  An Chorra Chríochach
24  Aidan Connolly  Achadh Ui Aráin

Bod Mor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2ocfIkR7M

QuoteSo boys cling together in all kinds of weather
Don't show the white feather wherever you go
Be like a brother and love one another
Like true hearted men from the County Mayo

Any word on the Mayo team for Sunday. Hopefully the Tyrone lads will have their celebrating done all week  :P

Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Bod Mor

I just saw this website: http://www.gaalive.net/news.php

QuoteLIVE this weekend:
Saturday 27th Sept:

GAA All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Final REPLAY: Mayo Vs Tyrone, 12.00pm. Watch LIVE here

Has anybody watched a match here, Is it poosible to view outside Ireland? If it is this is mighty news!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

stephenite

Quote from: Bod Mor on September 26, 2008, 03:07:51 AM
I just saw this website: http://www.gaalive.net/news.php

QuoteLIVE this weekend:
Saturday 27th Sept:

GAA All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Final REPLAY: Mayo Vs Tyrone, 12.00pm. Watch LIVE here

Has anybody watched a match here, Is it poosible to view outside Ireland? If it is this is mighty news!!

Good find Bod - will be hoping that I'm back from a wedding in time on Saturday night to tune in

orangeman

Any word of tickets for the match ? Will the ground be full ?