Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteThats your interpretation of it.

No, that's what happened.   Lard-ass runs over to the players tunnel and starts mouthing at the Tyrone personnel, blocking their way and gets knocked over as a result.  No interpretation required as it's plain to watch on the telly.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Pat O'Shea's last game at the helm of the Kingdom (with the announcement of his departure from the Kerry hot-seat), so number four for Mickey Harte  ;)

Did pieces like Owen Mc Crohan's in The Kerryman lead to this, or was it on the cards anyway?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 16, 2008, 06:15:52 PM
Pat O'Shea's last game at the helm of the Kingdom (with the announcement of his departure from the Kerry hot-seat), so number four for Mickey Harte  ;)

Did pieces like Owen Mc Crohan's in The Kerryman lead to this, or was it on the cards anyway?

I believe even if Kerry had won he may have stepped down .Thanks Pat 3-13 to 1-09 will never be forgotten .Pat is a gentleman and will be missed

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good luck to him, he carried it well.

Who's in the frame to replace him John?

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 16, 2008, 06:24:59 PM
Good luck to him, he carried it well.

Who's in the frame to replace him John?

Very hard to know .With the last 2 replacements I knew in advance this time there seems to be no clear candidate . Its a hard act to follow but I think alot of Kerry people understand that the present team may entering a period of transition . I hope who ever gets the job gets some time

ONeill

I was wondering recently - if Tyrone were to meet Kerry tomorrow, Kerry'd still be favourites in the bookies. I wonder when that ceases to be so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

QuoteI was wondering recently - if Tyrone were to meet Kerry tomorrow, Kerry'd still be favourites in the bookies.

d/k O'Neill.  Only if the bookies blindly follow the pigsh!t thick sports journos.  I'd say they've realised now that Mickey Harte is the safest bet in Ireland and have had enuff of Tyrone ppl cleaning them out  ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

If Kerry beat Tyrone, sure that's the natural order, and they'll do it again (naturally) next game.
If Tyrone beat Kerry,  then that's an unexpected aberration, but sure the natural order will be restored at next time of asking, and Kerry will win again.

Thrice they've denied us this Millenium, and thrice they've been cleaned out (in certain quarters, and regally so). Long may it continue!

PS And Fianna Fáil(ures) can deliver a budget like yesterday's and still be shoo-ins to form the next government (according to the bookies)!  ;)

Mike Sheehy

So you lads will be betting the house on Tyrone winning next year so ?

under the bar

QuoteSo you lads will be betting the house on Tyrone winning next year so ?

It's a long way from the first round in Ulster to the AIF Mike with many's a slip in store.  If Tyrone meet Kerry at any point tho, yes I'll be putting a fairly hefty lump on it 'cos unless  Kerry re-invent their game in the meantime, the result will be the same as the last 3.

Fuzzman

Quite a lot of neutrals who in fairness to them know quite a bit about football were convinced Kerry had re-invented their game to beat Tyrone this year
They were sure with two large men in the FF line and good fast high ball would counter act the Tyrone defensive system

They said that we've no forwards any more and we'll not beat Kerry without Canavan, O'Neill, half fit McGuigan & a Midfielder put into a square hole as a patched up forward line.

I must say I was surprised myself how much our forwards scored from play this year
Does anyone have the stats?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: under the bar on October 17, 2008, 08:50:05 AM
QuoteSo you lads will be betting the house on Tyrone winning next year so ?

It's a long way from the first round in Ulster to the AIF Mike with many's a slip in store.  If Tyrone meet Kerry at any point tho, yes I'll be putting a fairly hefty lump on it 'cos unless  Kerry re-invent their game in the meantime, the result will be the same as the last 3.
It's precisely this arrogance from Tyronies that would never allow me to support them in any way shape or form whatsoever.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

tyronefan

oh my god how will we get on with out ye

Tubberman

Has nobody in Tyrone heard of winning with a bit of grace and decency.
This shite of 'seeing off another Kerry manager' and crowing about how every Tyrone player should have won an All-Ireland is pathetic.
The worst winners I've seen in a long time, and I'm beginning to hope it's a long time before ye get another chance to shout about yourselves.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Tubberman on October 17, 2008, 02:15:59 PM
Has nobody in Tyrone heard of winning with a bit of grace and decency.
This shite of 'seeing off another Kerry manager' and crowing about how every Tyrone player should have won an All-Ireland is pathetic.
The worst winners I've seen in a long time, and I'm beginning to hope it's a long time before ye get another chance to shout about yourselves.

Round of applause for that man!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something