Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

I believe this week neither Tyrone or Crossmaglen were  mentioned .So we can all now move on .

tierworker blue

full back

Dont think it was a free kick comethekingdom
Same as Yes I would, I thought it was from open play
May have took a few extra steps but the referee was well placed
Was a great score BTW

orangeman

Quote from: full back on October 14, 2008, 09:09:47 AM
Dont think it was a free kick comethekingdom
Same as Yes I would, I thought it was from open play
May have took a few extra steps but the referee was well placed
Was a great score BTW
[/b]

Score worthy of winning the AI ( although it was only an equaliser ) but it ultimately won the AI for Cross in the replay.

Fuzzman

Why are ye talking about Cross on here?

Did anyone ever identify who was the big fat guy that was knocked over at half time in the final and what was he saying?

under the bar

QuoteDid anyone ever identify who was the big fat guy that was knocked over at half time in the final and what was he saying?

I have it on good authority that what he said inspired part of Mickey's half-time team talk and provided Tyrone with what we now know was the appetite to tear Kerry to shreds in the 2nd half.

orangeman

Quote from: under the bar on October 15, 2008, 01:57:44 PM
QuoteDid anyone ever identify who was the big fat guy that was knocked over at half time in the final and what was he saying?

I have it on good authority that he said inspired part of Mickey's half-time team talk and provided Tyrone with what we now know was the appetite to tear Kerry to shreds in the 2nd half.

;) ;)

Mike Sheehy

regardless of what he said there is no excuse for assaulting a backroom member/county board official. Tyrone have lowered the bar even further in terms of what is acceptable behavior and I'm sure it has been duly noted by the Kerry panel and backroom staff. The national league fixture could be very interesting indeed. Is it in Omagh or Killarney ?

ExiledGael

Tis a bad sign indeed when the Kerry fans start relishing a National League clash. Times could be changing.

Mike Sheehy

couldnt give a shite about the clash as the National league is pretty meaningless. its the "occasion" that could be interesting.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 15, 2008, 08:14:55 PM
regardless of what he said there is no excuse for assaulting a backroom member/county board official. Tyrone have lowered the bar even further in terms of what is acceptable behavior and I'm sure it has been duly noted by the Kerry panel and backroom staff. The national league fixture could be very interesting indeed. Is it in Omagh or Killarney ?

:D :D :D :D
I knew the bad manners would come back eventually when the wounds were sufficiently licked!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 15, 2008, 08:14:55 PM

It's in omagh as we played you under the lights in Tralee (I think) earlier this year

under the bar

Quoteregardless of what he said there is no excuse for assaulting a backroom member/county board official.

Then the fat clampet shouldn't try to block players en route to the dressing room!  What an emabrrassment to football in general never mind Kerry, an eejit like that making a complete dickhead of himself.  He's like something that wud even be out of place in a cattle mart somewhere.

Shame on ye Mike.  Yer claiming assault now?  you Kerry boys' pride really has taken a pasting!  ;)  :D

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI knew the bad manners would come back eventually when the wounds were sufficiently licked!

Well somebody has to try and keep Tyrone egos in check. Its got to the stage where ye want all 15 all-stars as well as all places on the International rules squad.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThen the fat clampet shouldn't try to block players en route to the dressing room!  What an emabrrassment to football in general never mind Kerry, an eejit like that making a complete d**khead of himself.  He's like something that wud even be out of place in a cattle mart somewhere.

Shame on ye Mike.  Yer claiming assault now?  you Kerry boys' pride really has taken a pasting!

Thats your interpretation of it. Who was the fat bollix who shoved him (backroom staff, white hair)...