Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteOisin says so too.

Bet your ass he does!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 02, 2008, 11:06:27 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 02, 2008, 10:41:24 PM
The constant myopia and failure/unwillingness of some of the Tyrone posters to comment on negative aspects of some of their players always brings a smile to my face...............Im away to bed now before the Gaa Board Tyrone Mafia seek me out.

Too late... Antrim boy  ;)

Not so much myopia -- I don't deny that we've some stuff in our locker that is nothing to be proud of, quite the contrary. I'm just not convinced about this at all, and just because we may have some baggage, that doesn't mean that wherever there's doubt it should always go against the Tyrone lad by default. So you say we're myopic; I say it's more that some others are blind in this particular instance, or rather, some see what they want to see, with a complex plot and storyline embellishing their prejudices..

Indeed, quite laughable the way some posters are using what they saw in this particular incident to talk down Tyrone. The picture in Gaelic Life looks terrible but when you see the enlarged image and also see the incident in real time it tells a somewhat different story. As I said earlier only Gormley knows whats going through his mind but it all looks very innocent to me, a joke people are castigating the lad on the back of this. I would doubt any Tyrone fan would pretend our players are angels but this is a non incident in my opinion.

Funny in a way that in the many years in which Tyrone were beaten in big games in Croker we were patronised as being a clean team with nice footballers. When we finally started winning the big games we became cheats and divers. The last couple of years it went away then sure enough as we re-emerged as a force this summer we were once again the bad boys in the eyes of some. Long may it continue ;).

stephenite

Quote from: magickingdom on October 02, 2008, 07:38:32 PM
what a load of crap, can you not just admit that tyrone are at the same shit as everyone else. (excluding galway/mayo who are just gentlemenn of the highest order) galvins own gutter level? wtf is that? someplace tyrone have never visted

See what they all think of us lads? It's now the duty of every Mayo man, woman and child to punch the face off anyone they see in a Kerry jersey and then abuse the shite out of them when they're on the ground.

It's the only way we'll win an All Ireland

Main Street

You just see the negatives KM.
Obviously that was one of the times Donaghy went down a bit too easy for Dessie's liking and he gave out (using very mild language) to get him to see the error of his ways.

However, this is a sad example of another abusive fan ::)
QuoteIt happened in front of me in the canel end and I lost the rag, the outlaws with me from Monaghan were none too impressed with my verbals towards Mone.
But its dispicable from any player this type of behaviour,

Late in the game when Donaghy went down (genuinely) with cramp it was the Monaghan defender who cames to his assistance and relieved his distress with some expertly applied physical therapy, an example of real sportsmanship.

Puckoon

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 02, 2008, 04:39:13 PM
Theres only a handful of counties who have players who do this regularly.
Dublin are one, Tyrone are another.
Dont try to say they are all at it to make yourselves look less guilty.

Tyrone are worst than most at this, as are the Dubs. I can admit this at least.

You are a great man for claiming admission of guilt on behalf of the dubs -yet its always with a view to getting others to admit their own wrong doings. Why are you such a one man crusade for parity?

Zapatista

Quote from: AN other on October 02, 2008, 08:06:23 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 02, 2008, 04:09:21 PM
Why is Ricey's name brought into every BS thread? Change the record.

McMenamin's name fits 100% with the current topic after his antics against Wexford following a point of his. That's only one example. If McMenamin ever cuts the crap a little the record might be changed.

His record exceeds him. It flatters him above all the others too. Ye are caught up in preconceptions. Why don't ye drag up the thousand other names fit for this topic?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on October 03, 2008, 01:01:04 AM
Quote from: magickingdom on October 02, 2008, 07:38:32 PM
what a load of crap, can you not just admit that tyrone are at the same shit as everyone else. (excluding galway/mayo who are just gentlemenn of the highest order) galvins own gutter level? wtf is that? someplace tyrone have never visted

See what they all think of us lads? It's now the duty of every Mayo man, woman and child to punch the face off anyone they see in a Kerry jersey and then abuse the shite out of them when they're on the ground.

It's the only way we'll win an All Ireland

agreed stephenite not just a kerry jersey but any jersey as i said in a earier thread i'd rather us be goading the players and winning than playing football and getting the hammerings that we took from kerry.Its ok to think that we play the way the game it should be played but at the end of the day who cares how you play it  its all about winning the final when you get there. Actually when you think of it even at club level in mayo its the footballing teams that have been successfull the last few years the likes of ballina , charlestown , ourselves go out to play football we don't have that many  in your face type of players think we will have to start a process of breeding these types of players ;) waht i can't figure is how Mk thought galway were gentlemen on the pitch they are the dirtiest feckers around   ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Over the Bar

:D EVERY BODY HATES US!!!!!!!   ;D :D ;D WE LOVE IT!!  ;D  :D;D  WE SOOO LOVE IT!!! :D

rrhf

Without a shadow of a doubt the sportsfile photograph clears up the context of the photograph- well done Baile an tuaigh anothetr outstanding post.  I felt that the Gaelic Life crew were using it as a potentially controversial cover and poor poster insert knowing full well it would be taken out of context, which is slightly disengenuous to Tyrone.  If I wanted to buy a rag for Gaelic coverage I would buy the Star and I dont.    I would also ask posters who believed that Gormly was goading a player after the final whistle to leave their own skin for a minute step outside their own commonality, leave their average world behind for a few seconds and ask themselves in their wildest dream if they were ever had the talent, ability and mentality, athleticism to win their thrid all Ireland medal do they honestly believe at the final whistle they would be within a houns goul of thinking of goading anyone... Some times you guys should at least try and get inside the heads of a born winner.  Imagine what it feels like to pick up a third celtic cross and then and only then imagine what Conor Gormleys priorities were at the final whistle.    Thers a few on here must feel like absolute fools today - their card is indeliblymarked for future debate where credibility may be called into question.   

tyronefan

Zapatista

Na na na na na we beat yououuu - was what I was singing and pointing at Kerry fans at the final whistle.

Gaaman

Have to say lads. I was sittin beside Kerry fans for the 05 & 08 finals and after the match when I stopped leaping about like an ape the Kerry lads gave me a handshake and said fair play the better team won.......Very gracious in defeat i thought.

Over the Bar

A Kerryman in his 60's/70's beside me said that he had never seen a footballer as good as Cavanagh and that included the Kerry greats.   He waxed lyrical about Mick O'Connell and Sean O'Neill and a couple of others I'd never heard of but considered Cavanagh to be better than both and totally unmarkable.

I thought he was talking Tyrone up to be gracious in defeat but then read Jarlath Bursn article in the Gaelic Life where he said big Sean's performance in the final was the best by any player in a final...ever!    Big accolades indeed.

give her dixie

When you consider the Dublin team, nicknamed "The 12 Apostles", were paraded out before the match for the 25th anniversary of their win over Galway,
what Conor Gormley did at the final whistle is childs play!
Do you think anyone will remember it when he steps onto Croke Park on All Ireland Final day in 2033 for the 25th anniversary? (and 2028 & 2030 as well).
Looking forward to it..................
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

bcarrier

Quote from: rrhf on October 03, 2008, 10:02:47 AM
Without a shadow of a doubt the sportsfile photograph clears up the context of the photograph- well done Baile an tuaigh anothetr outstanding post.  I felt that the Gaelic Life crew were using it as a potentially controversial cover and poor poster insert knowing full well it would be taken out of context, which is slightly disengenuous to Tyrone.  If I wanted to buy a rag for Gaelic coverage I would buy the Star and I dont.    I would also ask posters who believed that Gormly was goading a player after the final whistle to leave their own skin for a minute step outside their own commonality, leave their average world behind for a few seconds and ask themselves in their wildest dream if they were ever had the talent, ability and mentality, athleticism to win their thrid all Ireland medal do they honestly believe at the final whistle they would be within a houns goul of thinking of goading anyone... Some times you guys should at least try and get inside the heads of a born winner.  Imagine what it feels like to pick up a third celtic cross and then and only then imagine what Conor Gormleys priorities were at the final whistle.    Thers a few on here must feel like absolute fools today - their card is indeliblymarked for future debate where credibility may be called into question.   

:-\ WALOOR.