Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN other

Quote from: Zapatista on October 02, 2008, 04:09:21 PM
Why is Ricey's name brought into every BS thread? Change the record.

McMenamin's name fits 100% with the current topic after his antics against Wexford following a point of his. That's only one example. If McMenamin ever cuts the crap a little the record might be changed.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: magickingdom on October 02, 2008, 07:38:32 PM
what a load of crap, can you not just admit that tyrone are at the same shit as everyone else. (excluding galway/mayo who are just gentlemenn of the highest order) galvins own gutter level? wtf is that? someplace tyrone have never visted

Donaghy's as bad at the goading and sledging as any player, and if you're going to blame that on his Tyrone blood we'll be claiming his prowess as well ;)

An awful lot of hypocrisy on this thread, over something about which is only a perception, a perception of a moment caught in time as furnished by a fortuitous photograph, with no context to it whatsoever. Get a grip folks.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Baile an tuaigh

OK the Gormley incident. I watched the ending now quite a few times and this is what happened. In the last few seconds of injury time Kerry win a free. A wee schomozle breaks out as Kerry want to retrieve the ball quickly. Conor Gormley breaks up the row by grabbing a Tyrone player and throwing him out of the way to calm things down. He also steps in between players to stop anything getting out of hand. Couch takes the free quickly to Galvin who takes a shot on Goal while loosing his balance goes to ground. Gormley dives at full stretch to stop Galvin's shot and he also goes to ground. As he is getting up again the full time whistle blows and he raises his hands in delight with all the rest of the Tyrone players around him. He was not gloating at all. If you don't believe make you can check it out on youtube. Conor Gormley is an innocent man. Anybody who thinks other wise is completely wrong.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: drici on October 02, 2008, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 02, 2008, 08:26:08 PM
Couch takes the free quickly to Galvin who takes a shot

Was talking to a fella who said he had an armchair view of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTL4PEdbgI There you are sir!!

never kickt a ball

Looks like he's celebrating Galvin's missed shot seconds earlier.

magickingdom

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 02, 2008, 08:26:08 PM
OK the Gormley incident. I watched the ending now quite a few times and this is what happened. In the last few seconds of injury time Kerry win a free. A wee schomozle breaks out as Kerry want to retrieve the ball quickly. Conor Gormley breaks up the row by grabbing a Tyrone player and throwing him out of the way to calm things down. He also steps in between players to stop anything getting out of hand. Couch takes the free quickly to Galvin who takes a shot on Goal while loosing his balance goes to ground. Gormley dives at full stretch to stop Galvin's shot and he also goes to ground. As he is getting up again the full time whistle blows and he raises his hands in delight with all the rest of the Tyrone players around him. He was not gloating at all. If you don't believe make you can check it out on youtube. Conor Gormley is an innocent man. Anybody who thinks other wise is completely wrong.

unbelievable, look at it again. hes actually up but bends down to galvin and you cant see that? cant or wont. its quite obvious what he does but i dont care half as much about that as the refusal of so many posters here to believe their eyes.

Croí na hÉireann

Yous are in wasp on notebook territory there lads, the footage speaks for itself, no amount of spin doctoring can change it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bcarrier

Its a far cry from the images of dara o se and ciaran whelan last year.

johnpower

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 02, 2008, 08:15:33 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on October 02, 2008, 07:38:32 PM
what a load of crap, can you not just admit that tyrone are at the same shit as everyone else. (excluding galway/mayo who are just gentlemenn of the highest order) galvins own gutter level? wtf is that? someplace tyrone have never visted

Donaghy's as bad at the goading and sledging as any player, and if you're going to blame that on his Tyrone blood we'll be claiming his prowess as well ;)

An awful lot of hypocrisy on this thread, over something about which is only a perception, a perception of a moment caught in time as furnished by a fortuitous photograph, with no context to it whatsoever. Get a grip folks.

I agree Fear .the context of the photograph needs to be considered . It would be helpull if the publication that published the photo graph provided the background .

ONeill

Watching it in real time - it really was a millimetre of a second. I'd say nothing was going through Gormley's mind at that time apart from pure elation. A great take by the photographer though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

The constant myopia and failure/unwillingness of some of the Tyrone posters to comment on negative aspects of some of their players always brings a smile to my face...............Im away to bed now before the Gaa Board Tyrone Mafia seek me out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on October 02, 2008, 10:41:24 PM
The constant myopia and failure/unwillingness of some of the Tyrone posters to comment on negative aspects of some of their players always brings a smile to my face...............Im away to bed now before the Gaa Board Tyrone Mafia seek me out.

Too late... Antrim boy  ;)

Not so much myopia -- I don't deny that we've some stuff in our locker that is nothing to be proud of, quite the contrary. I'm just not convinced about this at all, and just because we may have some baggage, that doesn't mean that wherever there's doubt it should always go against the Tyrone lad by default. So you say we're myopic; I say it's more that some others are blind in this particular instance, or rather, some see what they want to see, with a complex plot and storyline embellishing their prejudices..
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

We were first,    yet another Tyrone rip off.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWe were first,    yet another Tyrone rip off.

The worst thing about that one by Dessie Mone this year was when Donaghy was getting up off the ground seconds later Mone shoved his head back into the ground. It happened in front of me in the canel end and I lost the rag, the outlaws with me from Monaghan were none too impressed with my verbals towards Mone.

But its dispicable from any player this type of behaviour, and I will not condone any Kerry player doing it either (Donaghy was wrong for taunting Hearty in 2006 after burying the ball past him), though overall i think we are more sinned than sinner in recent years.

As for Gormley, I will give him the benefit of the doubt in that photo having seen the video, but earlier in the game he was having a right go at Cooper, thankfully Cooper could not understand a word he was saying, in that hard to understand Tyrone brogue ye have.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Rav67

Not every county does it, Tyrone are probaly the worst for it and Gormley's of the main culprits.  Oisin says so too.