Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Tune into Up for the Match. TyroneLass is on now after the break.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ziggysego on September 20, 2008, 11:02:41 PM
Tune into Up for the Match. TyroneLass is on now after the break.

How will we know her, will she be referred to as the "Gaa Boards own, Tyrone Lass" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

She was the Tyrone representative on the quiz. TyroneLass you did us proud girl. And may I say.... cute ;)
Testing Accessibility

Minder

i liked the big fat kerry man better ziggy. . . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7626943.stm

Interesting article on the main page of the BBC news website today, not the BBC NI pages so would have had massive exposure, all press is good press and all.  Yer man Simpson used to work for Newsline over here but is now with the main BBC news in London I think.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on September 21, 2008, 12:03:03 AM
She was the Tyrone representative on the quiz. TyroneLass you did us proud girl. And may I say.... cute ;)
Maybe she didn't want to be "outed" ziggy?

My sympathies to the Devine family.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rois

Very sad to hear about John Devine's father.  Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

And can I just say here how the posts from invididuals from all over the country expressing sympathy are one of the reasons why the GAA is so strong.  People actually care about each other.

Tír Eoghain abú  

ziggysego

She told me to say Pints, otherwises I'd have nothing.
Testing Accessibility

milltown row

was she the one with the beard??? wasn't on her chin i can tell ya that :P 

milltown row

ok whats the the best bet for tomorrow? mcguigans to score a point each is 8/11 what ya think or both Donaghy and Cavanagh to score a goal 10/1

Puckoon

Been away all day and looknig forward to loggong on and reading the build up. All irrelevant in the greater scheme of things now.

The team however still has to turn up and perform - and Im sure a man like John Devine would want them to do himself and his family proud, evn in the midst of their sorrow.

May his father rest in peace and god give them the strength to cope in the coming months and years.

filthylittlebeast

QuoteTyrone goalkeeper John Devine's participation in Sunday's GAA All-Ireland football final is in doubt following the death of his father today.

Devine's father died just hours before the Red Hands are due to face Kerry in the Sam Maguire Cup decider at Croke Park tomorrow afternoon.

It is not known whether the 25-year-old net-minder will withdraw from the game.

He had already travelled to Dublin with the squad on Saturday when news of his father's death reached the team hotel near Dublin.

Pascal McConnell would be expected to deputise between the posts in Devine's absence.

God rest his soul and god bless the entire family circle.  May he rest in peace.

From the local tyrone supporters within the County Down community.

Hardy

I wish his family strength. This Tyrone team has had more than enough tragedy and sadness to deal with but they have taken strength from all the adversity.

carnaross

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2008, 09:04:36 AM
I wish his family strength. This Tyrone team has had more than enough tragedy and sadness to deal with but they have taken strength from all the adversity.

Agreed. RIP.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Kerry Mike

I had a big long speil in my head of stuff I wanted to say this morning about how Kerry would win today but it matters little given the news I just read..

Terribly sad news for John Devine and his family, may he rest in peace.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football