Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osama bin Dublin

Here's to a great final, with a warm dry day, a reff with a set of balls, lots of great scores,a couple of reds,a few digs & no diving or acting.
Well,at least two are guaranteed ;)

ONeill

Not heading down til Sunday dawn so get a chance to see Up For The Match for a change!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

TyronePhilly

I'm debating on whether or not to head to this Banquet in the CityWest.....
A good friend of mine has a spare room in Jury's Croke and an extra ticket to the Tyrone Banquet.

Anyone from here going? Anyone from here at past Banquets, more importantly? What's the atmosphere?

Tir Eoghain Philadelphia
http://tyrone.philadelphia.gaa.ie

BEBO Community Site
http://tyronephiladelphia.BEBO.com

downredblack

ONeill , seeing your up early Sunday morning , here's one for you ...

Up with the c**k

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Tfxw21k5k

ziggysego

Without giving a name away, one of the Tyrone posters here with be on Up for the Match tomorrow. Good Luck on it ;)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mournerambler

Quote from: AFS on September 19, 2008, 08:39:44 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on September 19, 2008, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 19, 2008, 05:00:44 PM
This Armagh man can't bring himself to wish Tyrone anything but the biggest hiding they have ever had in championship football.  I have no love for kerry either but having played against Tyronies when I was at school etc, there is no way I want to see them win anything, not even the McKenna Cup.
For jasus sake would you catch a grip of yourself & give them a bit of support, isn't it the unique thing in Ulster that when a team from the Province reaches an All-Ireland Final that the whole province is rooting for them.
Wishing both Tyrone teams success in Sunday's final's.

I don't buy into this Ulster 'all for one, one for all' shite. What relevance will a Tyrone win, or defeat for that matter, have to the average supporter in Donegal, Cavan or Down. This is an archaic attitude that stems from the pre-qualifier days when each province only had one representative in the All Ireland series. The championship is more open now and the provincial backgrounds of counties are less important, so as an Armagh supporter I see Tyrone or Kerry as equal and direct rivals to my own county on the All Ireland scene, regardless of their geographic location. I feel no impulse to view these teams through rosy provincial goggles.
Why don't the jealous Armagh contingent piss off & start another 'Jealous Armagh Supporter' thread & let real Ulster GAA supporters send our best wishes to the Tyrone teams on Sunday.As a Down man I have no problem supporting Tyrone on Sunday, so why the hell do the Buckfast bridgade have such a chip on there shoulder & for whatever reason feel that they can't do the same?In 2002 I thought it was great for Ulster football to land another All-Ireland title & was genuinely delighted to see McGeeny & Armagh winning the Sam Maguire.
Build a bridge lads & get over it ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mournerambler on September 19, 2008, 09:58:18 PM
Why don't the jealous Armagh contingent piss off & start another 'Jealous Armagh Supporter' thread & let real Ulster GAA supporters send our best wishes to the Tyrone teams on Sunday.As a Down man I have no problem supporting Tyrone on Sunday, so why the hell do the Buckfast bridgade have such a chip on there shoulder & for whatever reason feel that they can't do the same?In 2002 I thought it was great for Ulster football to land another All-Ireland title & was genuinely delighted to see McGeeny & Armagh winning the Sam Maguire.

;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mournerambler on September 19, 2008, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: AFS on September 19, 2008, 08:39:44 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on September 19, 2008, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 19, 2008, 05:00:44 PM
This Armagh man can't bring himself to wish Tyrone anything but the biggest hiding they have ever had in championship football.  I have no love for kerry either but having played against Tyronies when I was at school etc, there is no way I want to see them win anything, not even the McKenna Cup.
For jasus sake would you catch a grip of yourself & give them a bit of support, isn't it the unique thing in Ulster that when a team from the Province reaches an All-Ireland Final that the whole province is rooting for them.
Wishing both Tyrone teams success in Sunday's final's.

I don't buy into this Ulster 'all for one, one for all' shite. What relevance will a Tyrone win, or defeat for that matter, have to the average supporter in Donegal, Cavan or Down. This is an archaic attitude that stems from the pre-qualifier days when each province only had one representative in the All Ireland series. The championship is more open now and the provincial backgrounds of counties are less important, so as an Armagh supporter I see Tyrone or Kerry as equal and direct rivals to my own county on the All Ireland scene, regardless of their geographic location. I feel no impulse to view these teams through rosy provincial goggles.

Get over yourself son.  I didn't like to see Down win in 91 or 94 either.  What does that make me?

I don't like to see Tyrone do well or Down do well for sone simple reason.  Their supporters.

You epitomise the bad attitude.  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 19, 2008, 10:13:53 PM
I don't like to see Tyrone do well or Down do well for sone simple reason.  Their supporters.

I love that you fail to see the irony  :D
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ziggysego on September 19, 2008, 10:14:54 PM

I love that you fail to see the irony  :D
Good for you  ::)

Let me into a secret... I don't care what you think  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

I fully understand the rivalry thing. I went to bed for a month after Derry won it in 93. Hated it.  So I understand the bitterness - it's only natural.