Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 10:52:33 PM
Oh just caught on mucker is your slag for Derry wans.

Well I'd rather by a mucker than an inbred from across the mountains. ;D

Slag! That's praise of the most high order!  ;) As for 'inbred'  :'(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

popinpoput

Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 10:55:09 PM
Shit, missed that show. Anyone know if they'll be putting it up on the site later?

Might...but they'll have to edit out most of what Joe said!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on September 18, 2008, 10:49:36 PM
I've heard Joe in that type of form before. With too much in him he can go a bit too far but was funny tonight. Interesting what he said about Sheehan and Brosnan not having the legs for Harte and Jordan.

I think he is right about this! This is why i think Galvan starts, not sure for who but, Sheehans free kicking will be needed.

Doire abú

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 10:52:33 PM
Oh just caught on mucker is your slag for Derry wans.

Well I'd rather by a mucker than an inbred from across the mountains. ;D

Slag! That's praise of the most high order!  ;) As for 'inbred'  :'(

Now now you've been called worse.

gerry

Harte: O'Neill will be in squad

18/09/2008 - 21:44:41

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has insisted that Stephen O'Neill is very much in contention to play against Kerry in Sunday's GAA Football All-Ireland Senior final at Croke Park.

There was widespread astonishment when O'Neill's name was missing from Tyrone's matchday squad when it was announced this afternoon.

The Clann na nGael clubman, such a vital presence in the Red Hands side that won the 2005 All-Ireland championship, was not even listed amongst the substitutes.

It had been anticipated that O'Neill would make the 30-man panel.

Regaining full fitness after a cruel run of luck with injuries, he came out of retirement two weeks ago and is reportedly showing excellent form at training.

So the absence of the 2005 Footballer of the Year from the squad list for the final was a major surprise.

But explaining that he had been forced to name just 30 players due to space restrictions in the All-Ireland final programme, Harte insisted tonight that O'Neill is definitely in his selection thoughts.

"Only 30 names could be submitted for the match programme but Stephen will be available and is very much part of the squad for Sunday," the Tyrone boss told the BBC.

"He is a quality player and will be in action in the not too distant future.

"Stephen will be part of the team list on Sunday, his fitness levels are very high and Tyrone fans will see him in action very soon."

It remains unclear whether O'Neill will start the showpiece final but Harte has made one definite change to the team that saw off Wexford at the semi-final stage.

Brian McGuigan will start at centre-forward having edged out Martin Penrose for a place in the Red Hands' attack.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/mhqlidcweygb/
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

comethekingdom

From this weeks 'Kerryseye'
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your County Needs You

By Sylvester Hennessy

Kerry's quest for a 36th All Ireland title has been boosted by the news that star full forward Kieran Donaghy is fit and ready for action.

Donaghy spoke to Kerry's Eye earlier this week about the importance of the Kerry support to the players and he hoped to see as many Kerry fans as possible when he exits the tunnel in Croke Park on Sunday.

"The fans might not realise the important role that they play. Running down the Croke Park tunnel, it really is lights, camera, action! Then you look around and you see all the green and gold and hear the fans cheering.

"We need every one of them in Croke Park on Sunday. It is when we are down in a game that we need them most. After that it is up to us as a team to go out and to play to the best of our ability and hope that that will be good enough on the day." Donaghy returned to full training this week and he was joined by Paul Galvin.

The build up to Sunday's final has included a couple of intense A versus B games and the news from the squad is that everyone is fit and raring to go for battle.

It is expected that Pat O'Shea will select the team along expect lines.

Donncha Walsh and Paul Galvin are both pushing hard for starting fifteen places while Padraig Reidy comes into consideration also but the only expected change from the semi-final line up will be return of Darragh O Sé for Micheál Quirke. Tyrone's main injury concern centres on Sean Cavanagh who has been receiving intensive treatment on a back injury all week in Scotland in an attempt to be ready for the final.

Is the SON saga just another smoke screen from this SC concern??

ONeill

Tyrone have fared pretty well as the year has progressed in not giving away too many scorable frees (0-4 v Westmeath, 0-6 v Mayo, 0-3 v Dublin and 0-3 v Wexford) - hopefully Sheehan will have little to do!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

We should be OK there I'd say -- discipline is good, and not giving much away.

And the latest mask from the lads in the 'Plum':

Conor the Block

Main Street

Quote from: comethekingdom on September 18, 2008, 11:18:12 PM
Is the SON saga just another smoke screen from this SC concern??

There is so much smoke coming out of Tyrone no wonder they have production line in masks

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 11:36:48 PM
We should be OK there I'd say -- discipline is good, and not giving much away.

And the latest mask from the lads in the 'Plum':

Conor the Block

The rest were fantastic, that one's a bit erm.... suspect. Looks more like one of the local shop-keepers from League of Gentlemen.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on September 19, 2008, 12:15:27 AM
The rest were fantastic, that one's a bit erm.... suspect. Looks more like one of the local shop-keepers from League of Gentlemen.

Don't necessarily agree Ziggy, I don't think it a bad cariciature of the Block at all. Are you getting particular about your masks now, eh?  ;) :P

Puckoon

Boys im absolutely gutted not to be making it home for Sunday. Would be a great trip - however I was in exile in 03, and 05 and we won. I was in the Cusack stand in 95 - and we all know how that one went.

Safe travelling to all of you - and may Tyrone win a cracking game of football.

2-15 - 1-12.

ziggysego

I'll have a drink for you in Jury's before the game Puck. Rest assured, you'll be with us in spirit.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2008, 12:43:30 AM
Boys im absolutely gutted not to be making it home for Sunday. Would be a great trip - however I was in exile in 03, and 05 and we won. I was in the Cusack stand in 95 - and we all know how that one went.

2-15 - 1-12.

Sláinte Puck, I was in the Canal End in '95, straight behind Seanie Mc Laughlin's rasper of an equaliser  ;)

And thanks for last Sunday, Drumquin abú!

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2008, 12:43:30 AM

2-15 - 1-12.

Same as that :'(
Are there any fine establisments in Reno showing it Puck or is it the couch for you?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann