2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Doire abú

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 18, 2008, 08:15:21 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 08:09:36 PM
Where's Cormac McGinley at this year?

Withdrew from the panel before the beginning of the year, mainly due to an injury I believe.

What about the likes of Brendan Boggs, Fabian O'Neill, Kevin McNally, Martin Swift, Dominic Hands, Gary Reilly, John Gilmore, Conal Martin, Ciaran Donnelly, Paul Marlow, Colm Donnelly, Kelvin Hughes, Aidan McCarron, Cathal McCarron (Omagh) and Paul Rouse... how many of them are still in the Tyrone panel? There's also a McGurk, Murphy and Treanor training with Tyrone at the start of the year, all of whoms first names escape me at the minute.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWhat about the likes of Brendan Boggs, Fabian O'Neill, Kevin McNally, Martin Swift, Dominic Hands, Gary Reilly, John Gilmore, Conal Martin, Ciaran Donnelly, Paul Marlow, Colm Donnelly, Kelvin Hughes, Aidan McCarron, Cathal McCarron (Omagh) and Paul Rouse... how many of them are still in the Tyrone panel? There's also a McGurk, Murphy and Treanor training with Tyrone at the start of the year, all of whoms first names escape me at the minute.

Yerra the best Stephen O'Neill can hope for is a number 50 jersey if all of these yokes are togging out and assuming that Jonathan Curran will be No 31  :P
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magickingdom

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 18, 2008, 08:25:03 PM
Stevie O'Neill will be stripping out on Sunday - a very good source

course he will! micky must have got lessons from billy morgan ;)

Kerry Mike

The Kerry team to Play Tyrone in the All Ireland Final on Sunday 21st September is as follows: 

1. Diarmuid Murphy
2. Marc Ó Sé 3. Tom O'Sullivan 4. Padraig Reidy
5. Tomas Ó Sé (Captain) 6. Aidan O'Mahony 7. Killian Young
8. Darragh Ó Sé 9. Seamus Scanlon
10. Bryan Sheehan 11. Declan O'Sullivan 12. Eoin Brosnan
13.Colm Cooper 14. Kieran Donaghy 15. Tommy Walsh 

Subs: 16. Kieran Cremin 17. Tommy Griffin 18. Sean O'Sullivan 19. Darren O'Sullivan 20. Michéal Quirke 21. Donnacha Walsh 22. Daniel Bohan 23. Mike Frank Russell 24. Ronán Ó Flatharta 25. Paul O'Connor 26. Kieran O'Leary 27. David Moran 28. Paul Galvin 29. Anthony Maher 30. Pat Corridan 31. Mike Moloney 32. Kieran Quirke 33. Aidan O'Shea Bainisteoir Pat O'Shea Physical trainer: John Sugrue Selectors: Dave Geaney and Seán Geaney.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 08:52:39 PM

Withdrew from the panel before the beginning of the year, mainly due to an injury I believe.

What about the likes of Brendan Boggs, Fabian O'Neill, Kevin McNally, Martin Swift, Dominic Hands, Gary Reilly, John Gilmore, Conal Martin, Ciaran Donnelly, Paul Marlow, Colm Donnelly, Kelvin Hughes, Aidan McCarron, Cathal McCarron (Omagh) and Paul Rouse... how many of them are still in the Tyrone panel? There's also a McGurk, Murphy and Treanor training with Tyrone at the start of the year, all of whoms first names escape me at the minute.

All those lads were cut from the panel after the McKenna Cup except Swift who played in the league but I believe went to America during the summer.

Kerry Mike

So there you have it , Tommy Griffin does not make it and Padraig Reidy's excellent training ground form is rewarded. Tom O'Sullivan will be full back and no better man than Tom to rise to the challenge

Elsewhere Eoin Brosnan starts on the wing with Darren OSullivan, Donnacha Walsh, Paul Galvin and Sean O'Sullivan being held back in reserve.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

From the BBC:
There are also believed to be question marks over the fitness of Dermot Carlin, who has been named in the subs.

I'd be slightly concerned about that in that I would have expected MH to have had him ready for the inevitable introduction of Darren O'Sullivan from the Kerry bench.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

really wish he started paul galvin and restored the captaincy to him. i'm sick

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 18, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
So there you have it , Tommy Griffin does not make it and Padraig Reidy's excellent training ground form is rewarded. Tom O'Sullivan will be full back and no better man than Tom to rise to the challenge

Elsewhere Eoin Brosnan starts on the wing with Darren OSullivan, Donnacha Walsh, Paul Galvin and Sean O'Sullivan beiung held back in reserve.

A few surprises there indeed KM, especially young Reidy after an indifferent campaign thus far. Tom O'Sullivan versus S Cavanagh's one to be relished.

new devil

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on September 18, 2008, 09:09:12 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 08:52:39 PM

All those lads were cut from the panel after the McKenna Cup except Swift who played in the league but I believe went to America during the summer.

Reilly was in new york playing for tyrone for the summer...great footballer miles ahead of the likes off peter donnelly

Kerry Mike

Quotereally wish he started paul galvin and restored the captaincy to him. i'm sick

MK: They have picked the best team from training performances and recent games and hopefully that will stand to us. It was asking a lot for Galvin to walk back into the team given how long he has been out and the players that have got us to the final. But you dont know what will happen on Sunday and until we see them lining up for the throw in we cant be sure.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 18, 2008, 09:18:46 PM
But you dont know what will happen on Sunday and until we see them lining up for the throw in we cant be sure.

Say nothing until you hear more  ;)

Kerry Mike

QuoteA few surprises there indeed KM, especially young Reidy after an indifferent campaign thus far. Tom O'Sullivan versus S Cavanagh's one to be relished

Indeed but thewn not really surprises, its in Fitzgerald Stadium in Killarney over the last few weeks that matters, and the murmurs are that Reidy has dug deep after being dropped for a few games, but it was horses for courses against Cork with the big aerial threat of Cussen, and O'Se and O'Sullivan were hardly going to be dropped for those games. I actually think Reidy has done well this year and he had a fine first season last year, very under rated but a tigerish marker.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

Kerry Mike, in all honesty and Yerra-ing aside, what are the a) hopes, b) fears and c) your expectations for the final.

For me

HOPES

Tyrone maintain (and improve upon) their return to form since the throw-in v Dublin. Kerry still cannot cope with the 'Tyrone Experience' with the lads running the legs off the Kingdom and smothering any man in the Green and Gold who dares to run more than 5 yards with the ball. Breaking ball around the middle is favourable with Dooher and McGinley on top of their game. Cavanagh on fire and frees are converted. The twin towers are quietened for the majority of the game. 9-point win, easing up after 55 mins.

FEARS

Donaghy or Walsh pull the first ball out of the sky and McConnell in picking it out of the net after 2 mins. Dooher/McGinley have their worst games of the year and an early injury/red card to Gormley/Cavanagh leaves the O'Neill introduction redundant. 9-point defeat with Kerry 'ole-ing' every pass from 55 mins after

EXPECTATIONS

The twins do offer a new dimension but big Sean is on fire. Kerry lead by 1 at the break but Tyrone up the tempo with a succession of raiding points as Kerry's exasperation grows. 4 point win.

I'm away to finish thon bottle of Islay Whisky.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.