Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popinpoput

Quote from: Hardy on September 18, 2008, 07:42:48 PM
Ah right.

Feet firmly on the  ground in the bushes, I see.

As the beard says..'you have to believe it for it to happen..'!

Bomber

I take it Harte didn't name him in the 30 to ease the pain slightly on the person making way on Sunday? The player who misses out will be named in the press, programme etc, will get his All-Ireland final jersey with a number less than 30 on his back. It's the only reason I see behind it as Harte said on the BBC that the list was given out at start of week and was not as if O'Neill wasn't back on the panel at this stage. Also it may be looked upon as more hype about O'Neill taking the pressure away from others but Harte has clearly stated tonight he will be involved so that myth is also gone.

Or perhaps Harte will tell all players to tog out and just take a fine for togging out more than the 30 players allowed, thus leaving it no difference what number O'Neill was given?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on September 18, 2008, 02:50:08 PM
This judge married a Louth woman but doesn't support the wee footballers;

If/when the Wee County gets to an All-Ireland final and you're not supporting them, she'll be your ex-Louth woman rather sharpish.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on September 18, 2008, 07:42:48 PM
Ah right.

Feet firmly on the  ground in the bushes, I see.
They are just explaining my post to you Hardy (as if it was that complicated :))
Those Tyrone lads are not making the great optimistic predictions.
I am not a Tyrone man, so I am speaking objectively about this new era in Gaelic football.

ExiledGael

Quite likely Bomber I'd guess. Anyone struggling with injury in the squad?

ziggysego

No, I'm not predicting 2008 2009 and 2010. Just 2008 for now ;)
Testing Accessibility

Doire abú

Quote from: Bomber on September 18, 2008, 07:46:05 PM
I take it Harte didn't name him in the 30 to ease the pain slightly on the person making way on Sunday? The player who misses out will be named in the press, programme etc, will get his All-Ireland final jersey with a number less than 30 on his back. It's the only reason I see behind it as Harte said on the BBC that the list was given out at start of week and was not as if O'Neill wasn't back on the panel at this stage. Also it may be looked upon as more hype about O'Neill taking the pressure away from others but Harte has clearly stated tonight he will be involved so that myth is also gone.

Or perhaps Harte will tell all players to tog out and just take a fine for togging out more than the 30 players allowed, thus leaving it no difference what number O'Neill was given?

Good thinking Bomber.

But am I right in thinking that only 30 can sit on the bench and the 20 players you can use on the day can only come from a list of 30 names they'll give before the match?
I remember (back when panel sizes were 24 max) that Jamsie O'Connor came on wearing number 27 or something with his arm in a cast and Míchéal was going ape-shit about it. He came out with some great quotes that day.

Kerry Mike

Michael Harte has played a blinder the last 2 weeks, Throwing O'Neill name out into the fray after the semi final has diverted attention away from the rest of the players , whether O'Neill has trained or not is here nor there , its has had the desired effect. Has there been injuries in the camp, no one knows, as all any of the media have picked up on or been fed is how well O'Neill has been going in training.

And now "dropping" O'Neill from the match day panel will again focus the media and everyone else on what Tyrone are playing at.

The 30 players named today are only jersey numbers  and I'd expect  some change(s) to the actual line up come Sunday. And If O'Neill has been training and has done as well as the media spin has him playing he will be sprung at sometime on Sunday, wearing a Number 31 or some such number, sure it will get ye Tyrone bies all excited seeing him warm up anyway. I feel sorry for the Tyrone sub who will be "injured" off to accomodate  O'Neill, I see Jonathan Curran has also got the bullet today.

Yerra never believe a team lined up on a biteen of Paper for the media, against the Langers in the replay we named Michéal Quirke as a corner back on the team given out to RTE  :P and I am sure the Kerry team will have a surprise or 2 in store for Tyrone when we line up on Sunday never mind the team being released tonight.

Keep her lit Micky, manager of the year.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opr4SHNG5NI&feature=email

Its offical Canavan Wont be back .

Two very good interviews with not a hint of spin from either side  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Doire abú

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on September 18, 2008, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 18, 2008, 05:01:47 PM
Well it just goes to prove..............

............Ziggys is a lier! How could you Zig? >:(

Mickey came to my defense on the BBC news Norf. SON is on the panel. Don't question me again boyo!!!

He said 'O Neill' was available for selection. He didn't specify Stephen. I still cannae trust you Ziggy. I am sorry but you hurt me when your wild stories!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Doire abú on September 18, 2008, 08:09:36 PM
Where's Cormac McGinley at this year?

Withdrew from the panel before the beginning of the year, mainly due to an injury I believe.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gabriel_Hurl

Stevie O'Neill will be stripping out on Sunday - a very good source