Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

filthylittlebeast

sure the players voted him back in so how the hell is that a gamble? they wanted him and they got him! no story here !!

Denn Forever

I'd say the same is happening in the Kerry camp if Paul Galvin gets a startinmg berth.  Who drops off?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Canavan's doing us all a favour. Putting rumours out that all is not well in the Tyrone camp to lure the Kerry boys into a fault sense of security. Sssh don't tell on ;)
Testing Accessibility

filthylittlebeast

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2008, 03:00:29 PM
Canavan's doing us all a favour. Putting rumours out that all is not well in the Tyrone camp to lure the Kerry boys into a fault sense of security. Sssh don't tell on ;)

Aiiiii          good thinking batman !!

ziggysego

Should have been merged into a "Tony" thread mods!!
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Don't know. I can see serious bloodletting in the Tyrone camp if this huge gamble backfires. Harte has unwisely put the blame on himself here. If S O'N plays and helps Tyrone win he (O'Neill) will get all the credit. Meanwhile if he plays and remains anonymous (just like he did throughout the Championship in 2007) Harte will get the blame.

I fear a public hanging at the hands of a (John) lynch mob in Aughnacloy next Monday night, if Harte even survives past Ardee

T Fearon

Have I not said in a previous post that I'd like to see Tyrone win? This dissention in the camp is disturbing though

Bensars

Fear ón Srath Bán

PTG is not 'in the camp', so whatever dissension there is is firmly beyond the boundaries, and I don't necessarily believe that PTG is in dissent, since he rounds it off with "...Mickey took a huge gamble in a final before and it worked for him so we'll take it that he's made the right call".
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

QuoteDon't know. I can see serious bloodletting in the Tyrone camp if this huge gamble backfires. Harte has unwisely put the blame on himself here. If S O'N plays and helps Tyrone win he (O'Neill) will get all the credit. Meanwhile if he plays and remains anonymous (just like he did throughout the Championship in 2007) Harte will get the blame.

I fear a public hanging at the hands of a (John) lynch mob in Aughnacloy next Monday night, if Harte even survives past Ardee

Just like he did in 2007?  What are you spouting?  He barely played in last years championship due to injury although he did make a few substitute appearances. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyssam5

Think we have to make time today to recognise the unparalleled sportsmanship of Ryan McMeniman, even as he prepares for this important game he takes the time to think of others in their time of need. Respect Ricey! 

---------------------------------
He includes Paul Galvin because, McMenamin feels, the Kerry captain will have his role to play on Sunday.

"It would be nice to see him come on. I think we always have a few run-ins.

"It would be nice to see Paul getting a run and I am not saying that in a smart way," he laughed.

"He is the Kerry captain and maybe he was a bit harshly done by. I can feel for him. I have been in that situation with the authorities in Croke Park. Yeah, he is back and he is going to give them a big boost. If I see Paul back I am sure that I will say hello to him!"

D4S

Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm!!!

Call me sceptical but I don't believe when ricey says he will say hello to Galvin it will be in the friendly sense ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

magickingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on September 17, 2008, 06:26:50 PM
---------------------------------
He includes Paul Galvin because, McMenamin feels, the Kerry captain will have his role to play on Sunday.

"It would be nice to see him come on. I think we always have a few run-ins.

"It would be nice to see Paul getting a run and I am not saying that in a smart way," he laughed.

"He is the Kerry captain and maybe he was a bit harshly done by. I can feel for him. I have been in that situation with the authorities in Croke Park. Yeah, he is back and he is going to give them a big boost. If I see Paul back I am sure that I will say hello to him!"

wasnt going to mention this (for fear of gloating) but i had a dream the other night and nicky brennan looked very embarrassed when he handed sam to paul ;D bet he wished he'd stayed quite

tyssam5

Quote from: D4S on September 17, 2008, 07:05:18 PM
Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm!!!

Call me sceptical but I don't believe when ricey says he will say hello to Galvin it will be in the friendly sense ;D

Jaysus you're an awful cynic, is there no room in the modern game for two fellas who play a good hardy game to have a bit of respect for each other?