Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

To ziggy, Tyronelass, hurler and the rest of the tyrone supporters, all the best and I hope you win your third Sam.

I hope you play the kingdom off the park, maybe if you play pure football and hammer kerry that might shut  that hoor Spillane up for a few weeks.

The in laws are here at the minute, I have twenty dollars on Tyrone to beat Kerry with the father in law, he is a soccer head who has no time for Gaelic football. I hope Tyrone dont let me down, I will never hear the end of it if he wins the bet. :-[

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: CiarraiAbu on September 15, 2008, 10:42:24 PM
Perhaps the fact that Pat actually presents the programme through the medium of English has passed some of you buy but I would be inclined to think that that is why he (like the rest of us CiarraĆ­och) pronounces it Tyrone.  Thats just a thought though!!!! :P
How come then Galvin gets pronounced as Gallivan.
But you probably wouldn't notice that  :)

Roy

Im a little concerned about how much publicity photoshoots/interviews have been taken of the senior team and the minors in the run up to the most important day ever for Tyrone football.  Anyone else noting this.  As long as the guys retain their focus. - but how can ye legislate for minors.   

tyssam5

Quote from: Main Street on September 16, 2008, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: CiarraiAbu on September 15, 2008, 10:42:24 PM
Perhaps the fact that Pat actually presents the programme through the medium of English has passed some of you buy but I would be inclined to think that that is why he (like the rest of us CiarraĆ­och) pronounces it Tyrone.  Thats just a thought though!!!! :P
How come then Galvin gets pronounced as Gallivan.
But you probably wouldn't notice that  :)

Yeah I noticed that on the Radio commentary O'Neill put up. Also that Cooper had to be referred to as Colm-Gooch-Cooper: full title in about 0.24 seconds!

clarshack

watched the '05 final again last night. kerry were actually the better team in the first 20-25 minutes. the likes of stephen o'neill and sean cavanagh were pretty anonymous in this period but they obviously came good in the 2nd half. ;) the pundits are saying that tyrone are not at their 2005 level but I think the dublin performance this year was better than anything in 2005.

Gabriel_Hurl

O'Neill thanks for uploading that radio commentary - will get me through the morning here.

Great stuff

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Anyone nervous yet.
This ones the big one, we can underhype it as much as we want, but Tyrone as a county need this all ireland to rightfully claim that throughout the new millenium they were not a second best to no team.  Lose and their teams era is probably over - win and they'll take 2 in a row.  A loss for the kingdom would be catastrophic for their confidence as a football county - We have watched how badly the kingdom take their defeats by blaming all and sundry and the rulebook,.  If this Kerry team loses then they have probably have to realise that they are not good enough and they have only themselves to blame, as undoubtedly they have the talent to be good enough.  Yet I would say kerry who I would have as landslide favourites with a huge question mark at the back of their collective minds..  Are they about to be the first team in GAA history to lose 4 number 8 point leads from a national league final onwards and still win an all Ireland.  I dont know if both teams are finished their development yet for the year so on that basis Ill plump for a nice draw.  I think both teams could probably cancel themselves out and it may not be as open as people expect.  I also would fear the obvious Kerry indiscipline spilling over and I hope that Tyrone dont get sucked in.   There has not been a match played of more importance in at least 25 years since Darby denied Kerry 5 in a row.  The winner may well have to wait to take it all in the replay. 

ONeill

If we beat Kerry for the third time do we own them? I bag renaming Killarney 'Cappagh'.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

peterquaife

under the bar

Quotewhy is the Gooch called the Gooch?

Ye know, Goochy-goochy-goo an all that.

ziggysego

I dreamt last night Kerry won. I was very upset, but was happy when I woke to find out it wasn't reality.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on September 16, 2008, 04:01:19 PM
If we beat Kerry for the third time do we own them? I bag renaming Killarney 'Cappagh'.

I get the Rose of Tralee.

The Gs Man

Quote from: peterquaife on September 16, 2008, 04:03:41 PM
why is the Gooch called the Gooch?

From the Sports almanac that is Wilipedia......

"Cooper's nickname, "The Gooch", was allegedly given to him by former Dr. Crokes 'keeper Peter O'Brien for his supposed resemblance to a Goochy Doll. "
Keep 'er lit

feetofflames

He definitely looks like a gooch though. 
Chief Wiggum