Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Leaving all loyalties and bias towards our respective teams/counties aside - how many of ye agree with Hayes or do ye think he is just back tracking and trying to get some friends back in Kerry again?

Zulu

I think that is the greatest load of rubbish I have read for quite some time.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hayes has succeeded -- we're talking about him! Clueless piece.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

He comes across as a bitter p***k. Never seems to have much time for Northern teams or in fact most counties in general. You'd wonder how a clown like this gets to write about gaelic football. If he's not interested in the game he should bugger off. Im sure Mickey Harte will appreciate getting advise from a proven manager like Liam.

Kerry Mike

If Hayes was from Cork he's be a Langer and that's the best I can say about him.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Pat Spillane just (for the first time that I can remember) pronounced Tyrone properly, i.e, Teer-Owen, and not TIRE-Owen, as per the As Gaeilge. Perhaps it was that letter into the Irish Times from a few weeks back that did the trick, from a Gaeilgoir Galway lad who'd had enough of his mangling of the name. Progress, I suppose, but he still has time yet to murder it before the Sunday Game ends. QED.  ;)

Kerry Mike

Had a look through both teams this year, a few simple but possibly useless facts.
Anyway less than a week to go now and the excitement is building nicely.

Kerry have scored 8-86 with 14 individual scorers in the 6 games, Colm Cooper with 2-19, Bryan Sheehan on 24 points and Tommy Walsh on 1-9, the leading 3 scorers

Tyrone have scored 6-111 in their 7 games with Sean Cavanagh leading the way on 2-19, Colm McCullagh on 1-20 and Tommy McGuigan on 20 points the top 3.

Kerry's backs and Midfielders have scored a total of 0-14, Tomas O'Se and Aidan O'Mahony scoring 4 points apiece while the midfielders of Darragh O'Se and Seamus Scanlon have contributed 3 points each

Tyrone's backs have scored a total of 1-14, Davy Harte with 1-4, Phillip Jordan scoring 5 points and Ryan McMenimen with 3 points, Gormley and McCaul also scoring a points each.

Tyrone midfielder Enda McGinley has scored 1-5, while Ryan Mellon has scored 3 points, and Kevin Hughes has a point to his credit while some of Sean Cavanagh's scores have also come while he has been playing in the middle sector. 

Kerry have used 24 players in the 2008 Championship season of 6 games

8 players have started all 6 games,
Diarmuid Murphy, Marc O'Sé, Tom O'Sullivan, Tomás O'Sé,  Aidan O'Mahony, Seamus Scanlon, Bryan Sheehan  and Colm Cooper

Kieran Donaghy & Tommy Walsh have started 5 games each and been used as a sub in the other game.

Killian Young, Darragh O'Se and Declan O'Sulllivan have started 5 games each.

Darren O'Sullivan has been used as a sub in all 6 games,

Tommy Griffin, Eoin Brosnan, and Sean O'Sullivan are next in line having been used as subs 3 times each.

8 Kerry panellists have seen no game time in the Championship, Kieran Cremin the sub goalie along with Rónán O'Flaherta, Paul O'Connor, Mike Frank Russell, Anthony Maher, Aidan O'Shea, Mike Moloney and Pat Corridan.

Will MFR get a run if Kerry are winning close to the end on next Sunday?

Tyrone have used 28 of their panel in their 2008 championship 7 games.

They also have 8 players who have started each game
Sean Cavanagh, Colm McCullagh, Brian Dooher, Davy Harte, Phillip Jordan, Ryan McMenimen, Conor Gormley and Justin McMahon

Enda McGinley and John Devine have started 6 games each

Tommy McGuigan and Martin Penrose have started 5 each and been used as a sub in the other 2.

Joe McMahon has played a part in all 7 games but has only started 4 and was a sub in the other 3.

Brian McGuigan has started 5 and was a sub in 1 while Colin Holmes has been involved in 6 games starting 3.

Ryan Mellon has played in 5 starting 4

Colm Cavanagh and Damian MCCaul have also played in 5 games Cavanagh used 3 times as sub while McCaul has come on 4 times.

Kevin Hughes has only been used as a sub 4 times while surprisingly Owen Mulligan has only been used as a sub 3 times, neither starting a game.

Compared to Kerry, Tyrone have only 4 panellists, Cathal McCarron, Shaun O'Neill, Jonathan Curran and Stephen O'Neill have not seen any game time yet.

Darragh O'Sé and Mike Frank Russell are aiming for their 6th Senior Medals.

Tommy Walsh, David Moran and Aidan O'Shea are sons of famous Kerrymen, Sean Walsh, Ogie Moran and Jack O'Shea, who each played in the last Kerry winning 3-in-a-row team of 1986 beating Tyrone in the final.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

This time next week Tyronnies will either be basking in the glory of a third All-Ireland in a single decade (only Down has managed that from Ulster) and the realisation that we have, at full strength, the best players/team/set-up in Ireland - or - we'll be holding our hands up and admitting that we've the second best side in the country and that the Donaghy addition from 2005 was the last piece in the Kerry jigsaw that elevated them above all else, but also pleasantly surprised at being in the spotlight on the 3rd Sunday of Sept and hopeful for the future.

It's a win-win situ!!!!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Correct ONeill. Very few expected Tyrone to make it through the qualifers, so to be still playing in September is fantastic. Win or lose, we've had a good year. Winning would be fantastic though ;)
Testing Accessibility

magickingdom

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 14, 2008, 09:32:18 PM
He comes across as a bitter p***k. Never seems to have much time for Northern teams or in fact most counties in general. You'd wonder how a clown like this gets to write about gaelic football. If he's not interested in the game he should bugger off. Im sure Mickey Harte will appreciate getting advise from a proven manager like Liam.

couldnt agree with you more.

all over this time next week! my only worry is will paul galvin start, hope o shea starts him tho i think his instinct is not to and bring him on. that could be a big mistake imo

Fear ón Srath Bán

Anthony Tohill reckons that O'Shea must start Galvin too, mk, to the degree where it thinks that if he doesn't start and is introduced as a substitute it will actually spur ourselves on! Hope he's on the bench  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not completely sure, possibly Jonathan Curran, the 3rd choice goalie for Tyrone.

Baile an tuaigh

orangeman

Roy

Great photo, and how time ages us - well the mans still there to do the damage if required.