Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteOverall, Kerry are stronger in terms of personnel. But mentally and physically they are a tired team. Which might just about even it up. This one has the feel of a cliffhanger about it. With two weeks to go, it is much too early to call. But it will be a fast, fascinating and probably tempestuous affair.

Well, as the journalists like to say, Kerry are stronger in personnel.  Tyrone might as well not turn up as the result is a forgone conclusion!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Over the Bar

Quotetheres one by a Country and Western Girl Group called Rodeo 21

I think some of the girls in this group are WAGS of the tyrone players

Oh FFS get me a bucket   

the girls are making the most of an opportunity.... u should be supporting them!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 12, 2008, 02:46:48 PM
QuoteOverall, Kerry are stronger in terms of personnel. But mentally and physically they are a tired team. Which might just about even it up. This one has the feel of a cliffhanger about it. With two weeks to go, it is much too early to call. But it will be a fast, fascinating and probably tempestuous affair.

Well, as the journalists like to say, Kerry are stronger in personnel.  Tyrone might as well not turn up as the result is a forgone conclusion!

Yep, don't quite know where's he's coming from with that one, given that our lads have more AI medals, be that at Minor, U21 or Senior. But then, he probably said the same in '03 & '05, without the "tired" piece.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

No Fear they are much better technically than us  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Seriously we'll do well to contain them especially now that everyone in the panel has been instructed by Harte to be clean shaven as he thinks its distracting them from their duties

I'd be happy with a 5 point defeat and at least that way we can still say we were the 2nd best team in the Noughties

I hope Star doesn't score a goal into the Hill 16 end cos he's likely to get split with an Armagh fan wearing a Tyrone jersey

snappiered

'All-Ireland Week begins
in Loughmacrory'
Loch Mhic Ruairi Cumann Naomh Treasa
Presents...
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
On Monday 15th September at 9.00pm
Don't miss the eagerly awaited
All-Ireland Final chat show in
Loughmacrory's impressive new clubrooms
Starring...
Jarlath Burns, Noel McGinn,
Paddy Heaney, Barry McElduff
and host Paddy Hunter, Q101
With a special guest appearance from
Tyrone's groundbreaking manager
MICKEY HARTE

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on September 12, 2008, 04:26:28 PM
No Fear they are much better technically than us  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Seriously we'll do well to contain them especially now that everyone in the panel has been instructed by Harte to be clean shaven as he thinks its distracting them from their duties

I'd be happy with a 5 point defeat and at least that way we can still say we were the 2nd best team in the Noughties

I hope Star doesn't score a goal into the Hill 16 end cos he's likely to get split with an Armagh fan wearing a Tyrone jersey
:D  :D  ;D

Very good
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

johnpower

Well just got a chance to actually post on the board . Lots of different threads which I must have a read on . Very little seems to be leaking out from either camp . With regards the match my thoughts at this stage is 
how will both teams line out .Will O Neill and Hughes figure for Tyrone ? What will be the match ups versus the Kerry forwards ?. With regards Kerry who will they pick in the half forward line I would be very surprised if Paul Galvin starts (despite Mikey Sheehy`s advice ) .

The more I watch football this year the worse I am getting at predicting lineouts and who will win .Having the watched the semi finals on Setanta Tyrone look the better side in terms of taking scores and controlling the match while Kerry had some really poor patches particularly when the half forward line went missing in the second half .Kerry also seemed to slow down the play with far too much soloing and messing about in the middle of the park .

ONeill

I think Tyrone will name the same starting line-out with the Penrose/McGuigan and Holmes/Hughes/Mellon positions a possible talking point.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

Has Mellon featured much this year ? He had a good game in 2005

ONeill

First half radio commentary of 2005 final - has taken me 3 years to upload this!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18671414a1b8dfa6/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bensars

Quote from: ONeill on September 12, 2008, 11:39:30 PM
First half radio commentary of 2005 final - has taken me 3 years to upload this!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18671414a1b8dfa6/

Good man O Neill.  when you putting the 2nd half up

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

QuoteI think Tyrone will name the same starting line-out with the Penrose/McGuigan and Holmes/Hughes/Mellon positions a possible talking point.

You honestly think Penrose might start ahead of Tommy McGuigan O'Neill? What's your thinking there?

I think Holmes deserves the nod if fully fit but could see either of the other 2 taking his place.  Enda the only sure started in MF. 

reddgnhand

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 13, 2008, 12:54:01 AM

QuoteI think Tyrone will name the same starting line-out with the Penrose/McGuigan and Holmes/Hughes/Mellon positions a possible talking point.

You honestly think Penrose might start ahead of Tommy McGuigan O'Neill? What's your thinking there?

I think Holmes deserves the nod if fully fit but could see either of the other 2 taking his place.  Enda the only sure started in MF. 

I,d start with Mellon. Will run all day especially at the start of the game. Lets face it we dont have a midfielder thats going to out field the Kerry midfield. Workrate and running is going to win this game for Tyrone. O'Sea will not keep up with McGinley and Mellon but would with Holmes. Dont give them anything.     

blanketattack