Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

I've seen cynical Ros play as well, always trying to snooker the man instead of taking the pot on.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Uladh

You didn't answer the question Heineken

filthylittlebeast

alright who was moving all the posts about on the board??!!

heineken_on_tap

Well Fuzzman fair paly you can see the bigger picture ;) as a neutral I think Tyrone will win. I just can't see Kerry living with yer style of play. Whether I like it or not it is highly effective. I dont know what will happen on the day but I hope its a good one. I doubt I'll live to see our lads in one so best of luck to ye.

In saying that I would for the first time ever like to see Kerry winning it. But I'll go out for a few pints either way!

Jinxy

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 11, 2008, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: heineken_on_tap on September 11, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
First of all , Why would I be jealous - I applaud the fact that ye have won two AI's in recent years. Indeed I roared ye on in both AI's but the fact is I dont like the brand of football ye play and I think it is ok to say that.

What evidence do I have - well to be honest I dont keep notes but as an avid follower of football surely i am entitled to my opinion. I dont like the way Armagh and Tyrone have developed the game over the years but fair play it was effective. What I dont like is the swarm defence and what that brings to the game. it is moving away from the way Gaelic should be played IMO. And Fuzzman I agree, Kerry are no street angels but I prefer the way they play the game.

Finally to answer your final question , I am from Ros.

Maybe you guys in Ros should try the "cynical" stuff and yous might have a bit of success, come to think of it, it would hardly matter what yous tried, yous would still be one of the shittiest teams about

Ah, the unseemly snobbery of the nouveau riche.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

feetofflames

IIn the name of cynicism how can any sane individual choose Kerry:
Galvin / hate the ref
Star and his 2 finger salute
Gooch and his big league game red cards
O Se and his off the ballers
Theres only one football team in this final and it aint kerry

Chief Wiggum

Onion Bag

Quote from: Jinxy on September 11, 2008, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 11, 2008, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: heineken_on_tap on September 11, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
First of all , Why would I be jealous - I applaud the fact that ye have won two AI's in recent years. Indeed I roared ye on in both AI's but the fact is I dont like the brand of football ye play and I think it is ok to say that.

What evidence do I have - well to be honest I dont keep notes but as an avid follower of football surely i am entitled to my opinion. I dont like the way Armagh and Tyrone have developed the game over the years but fair play it was effective. What I dont like is the swarm defence and what that brings to the game. it is moving away from the way Gaelic should be played IMO. And Fuzzman I agree, Kerry are no street angels but I prefer the way they play the game.

Finally to answer your final question , I am from Ros.

Maybe you guys in Ros should try the "cynical" stuff and yous might have a bit of success, come to think of it, it would hardly matter what yous tried, yous would still be one of the shittiest teams about

Ah, the unseemly snobbery of the nouveau riche.

only winding jinxy, trying to get the thing going
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

omagh_gael

anyone see BBC newsline there now? Ricey was chattin bout SON said "I tried to get a skelp at him at training last nite, but he turned me inside out an left me on my ass then put the ball over the bar to boot!" You can Always count on a Dromore man for an eloquante spake ha ha 

Kerry Mike

QuoteIts a massive Banner which is over a shop front in Omagh with Super Dooher etc etc etc ! just a catchy phrase they have used... wonder has Kerry got anything similar down there??

Nothing Similar but this is what we hope to see plenty of in the next few weeks.

Quote"I tried to get a skelp at him at training last nite, but he turned me inside out an left me on my ass then put the ball over the bar to boot!"

Well if O'Neill can do it Gooch can do it  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Why all the recent talk from Tyrone of how much O'Neill is flying in training, if it was the case they would be keeping it quite, there is a smoke screen going here me thinks. Surely the best place to ambush and surprise the Kerrymen with a flying O'Neill would be in Croker on Sunday week without every media interview hinting at the same. Maybe the Tyrone people are really nice and like to tell us all their plans.

However you won't hear anyone in the Kerry camp saying "well the Gooch is flying in training" , "he turned me inside out an left me on my ass then put the ball over the bar to boot!"  If he or everyonme else wasn't fecking doing this in training a week before an All Ireland final I'd be very worried indeed.

Hopefully if O'Neill is fit we will see him at some stage in the final , a player of his natural ability is a joy to watch even if we have suffered by him twice.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

It's a double bluff Kerry Mike.... or is that a treble bluff ;)
Testing Accessibility

Kerry Mike

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 11, 2008, 07:34:29 PM
Why all the recent talk from Tyrone of how much O'Neill is flying in training, if it was the case they would be keeping it quite, there is a smoke screen going here me thinks. Surely the best place to ambush and surprise the Kerrymen with a flying O'Neill would be in Croker on Sunday week without every media interview hinting at the same. Maybe the Tyrone people are really nice and like to tell us all their plans.

However you won't hear anyone in the Kerry camp saying "well the Gooch is flying in training" , "he turned me inside out an left me on my ass then put the ball over the bar to boot!"  If he or everyonme else wasn't fecking doing this in training a week before an All Ireland final I'd be very worried indeed.

Hopefully if O'Neill is fit we will see him at some stage in the final , a player of his natural ability is a joy to watch even if we have suffered by him twice.

Mike any stories from the Kerry camp about this schkelping (spell) that does be going on at vital times? Surely a bit of it this next week or so is on the cards?

What is this 'schkelping' anyway, sounds like some kind of Hebrew circumcision ceremony?