Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yes laceer, Mellon has done well, no question. But... it's all about the last game and the next... As you say... Mud!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

laceer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 05, 2008, 12:24:40 AM
Yes laceer, Mellon has done well, no question. But... it's all about the last game and the next... As you say... Mud!

it's muck in the country ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on September 05, 2008, 12:56:35 AM
Both prodigal sons are back .Me thinks they will be on the comfy seats with regular camera shots

We can all dream John,
Of three SAMs in a row,
of Green and Gold upon,
the Cup that we all know.

Of lambs and streams,
And MacGillicuddys' Reeks,
Of Peaks so high and dreams,
And the Cup and all who seeks.

And Croke in September's dawn,
The rightful place of these,
For whom the Cup of Bawn,
Is but an overflowing tease

But hold ye yet your steeds,
And carriages of buccanneers' gold,
Have we still the measure of your deeds,
For our dreams are not yet sold

The Red Hand has yet a throw,
Of Cards so new and bold,
Bolder than you'll ever know,
And truly new but old

And what a hand it be
First of puke and then no less
of formula 1 high octancy
and now a higher blend we're blessed

And then again to the crucible
Those newly Kingdom reborns
Where all will depend that we're able,
To tame those wild goats' horns!

Bring it on  ;)

* I'm very well aware, thank you, that this is poetry doggerel of a fairly low quality. Therein lies the challenge... let's be having you (as certain people from an island not too far away say)  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Puckoon

Ahem....

There once was a great team from Kerry
Although one of them fell like a fairy
had knocked him straight out -
With the sort of a clout
You'd normally see about Derry.

There was a full forward called Stevie
No, not the one from Killeavy,
She's him chained to the sink,
He wont turn to the drink
compared to that, training is easy.

If the pun is the lowest form of comedy, the limerick never rated much higher.

dodo

There was a buck Stevie home alone
Who took up the training on his own
When the beards were taking shape
Mayo, Dublin and the Yella Bellies they did bate
Now Stevie is back with Tyrone

billy the kid

Just over 2 weeks to go to AI football final and this thread was on page 2 !!!

T-Fearon is winning the battle you Tyrone folk
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

longball

What does everyone think the team will be for the final? i think on the day tyrone will line out as follows
                                                                 John

Joe McMahon                                          Justin McMahon                         Conor Gormley

Davy                                                       Jordan                                      Ricey

McGinley                            Hub

Dooher                                                B McGugian                                    Penrose

T McGugian                                             Sean                                          McCullagh

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tyrones own

Quote from: longball on September 05, 2008, 05:49:48 PM
What does everyone think the team will be for the final? i think on the day tyrone will line out as follows
                                                                 John

Joe McMahon                                          Justin McMahon                         Conor Gormley

Davy                                                       Jordan                                      Ricey

Dooher                                                B McGugian                                    Penrose

T McGugian                                             Sean                                          McCullagh

Not a bad look to that at all, adds a bit of height to that back line
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

longball

Heres my idea see:
Joe marking Tommy Walsh
Justin marking Donaghy
Conor marking gooch
Davy on sheehan
Jordan on O'Sullivan
and Ricey on Galvin/Brosan
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

billy the kid

Seen this on orchard county and thought it was interesting although it needs to be remembered that its 1 county versus 5 (and they have bout twice the AIs of the whole of Ulster.)

Kerrys record in All-Ireland final against teams from Ulster shows the northern province ahead in 8 meetings against the kingdom,
the winning years were, 1947 cavan, 1960 Down, 1968 Down, 2002 Armagh, and 2005 Tyrone.
Kerry were winners in 1930 over Monaghan, in 1937 over Cavan and in 1953 over Armagh.
This item of Ulster dominance over Kerry in All-Ireland finals is never ever quoted , I think it is well worth mentioning, can Tyrone add to Ulsters proud record?, as an Ulsterman I hope they can.
If it moves hit it

Kerry Mike

QuoteKerry were winners in 1930 over Monaghan, in 1937 over Cavan and in 1953 over Armagh.

Tyrone 1986

Quoteand they have bout twice the AIs of the whole of Ulster.)

36 to 15 is a bit more than twice but we will take it.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Baile an tuaigh

Heading home from America to my first All-Ireland Football final. Always support my Ulster comrades and looking forward to a cracker. My ticket is at the back of the upper deck of the Hogan. I know from a previous Hurling final that players look like little dots at that height. However, I hear if you tell the stewards that you suffer vertigo they might move you closer to the action. Its not often I tell wee white one's but this is a special circumstance case. :P

Come on Tyrone for God and Ulster ;)

tyroneboi

Quote from: longball on September 05, 2008, 05:49:48 PM
                                                                 John

Are you serious??

billy the kid

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 05, 2008, 06:56:24 PM
QuoteKerry were winners in 1930 over Monaghan, in 1937 over Cavan and in 1953 over Armagh.

Tyrone 1986

Quoteand they have about twice the AIs of the whole of Ulster.)

36 to 15 is a bit more than twice but we will take it.

Mike I just cut and pasted that I didnt write the thing but 1986 does make it 5-4

I also said Kerry had about twice as many I didnt sit down and count either sides or bother checking exact totals hence "ABOUT" being used.

36 isnt a mile of being ABOUT twice as many as 15 and it is even closer to twice 16 which is what it will be after this year  ;) :D ;D
If it moves hit it

20leg-end08

Devine

Ricey                         Justy                      Gourley

Davy                         Gormley                   Jordan

Cavanagh             Enda

Dooher                       Brian                       Joe

Tommy                      Stevie                    McCullagh

I know Gourley has made a couple of slips but he's earnt his place with a few solid games.
I know Stevie hasn't played intercounty for a while but if all the suggestions that he's flyin fit are true then imo he should start. Realistically Niall Gormley and Shaun O'Neill wouldn't be making an appearance regardless of Stevie O'N coming back. Colm Cavanagh/Mugsy/Mulgrew/Penrose/Mellon etc are great options to have and I'm sure the Beard will make all the tough decisions and big calls and whatever team he puts out will bring Sam to tyrone again :D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me