Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Kerry were in Citywest last year, I'd imagine they'll try there again, unless Tony has all the rooms booked. I think they stayed in Jurys Custom House back in 2005, Tyrone must have gotten City West before them :D

Puckoon

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 31, 2008, 07:39:53 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 31, 2008, 07:32:42 PM

KerryMike.  If I am wrong I will drive to the Kingdom to buy you a pint, will you offer to reciprocate?

If you ever buy anyone a pint I'll run naked around Belfast City Hall.

Why do we have so many fecking posters with a desire to run naked. Why doesnt someone do something different like say - If Tyrone beat Kerry Ill catch a badger with my bare hands, or if Kerry beats tyrone ill run the gauntlet with hardstations ma.

ziggysego

If Kerry beat Tyrone, I'll appear on The Sunday Game and finish off the straw hat that Colm started in 2003 ;)
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

It seems a long time since the Louth game in July when we couldnt sell 1800 tickets. This has the potential to be a classic final and that is what the gaa needs after the last 2.

ONeill

Will have to dig out the 2005 final soon. Memories were:

Full on the Saturday night in the Skylon
Getting 2 tickets at 12.30pm from a Dr Doolittle in a long coat on a road
Down lifting the minors
The Gooch masks
Gooch's first point that raised the hairs. Gulp.
Mellon's retort
Kerry's goal. Gulp.
Cooper's eye.
McGuigan's double shuffle point.
Dooher's point from 95m.
Jordan's punt, Mugsy's catch and God's grass-cutter.
3 up half time.
point-for point.
Mugsy's overhead fisted effort.
Tomas's goal. Gulp.
God's point from the corner.
O'Neill and Cavanagh's 1-2-1-2
Jordan's clincher
Cooper rugby tackled.
Fulfillment as opposed to the elation of 03.
Skylon dinner.
McEniff saying 'well done'.
Mugsy tipsy getting MOTM award.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

The last time an All-Ireland Senior football final was played on the 21st September.........1986

clarshack

what a great weekend that was in 2005:

stewartstown won junior 7's in dublin.
great night (brilliant atmosphere) in burlington on the saturday night.
tyrone beating kerry.
heading out to the city west and the banquet doors being opened to everyone.
monday night in mcaleers

Gabriel_Hurl

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2008, 07:34:58 PM
The last time an All-Ireland Senior football final was played on the 21st September.........1986

Ah crap ONeill.... why?
Testing Accessibility

Frank Casey

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2008, 07:34:58 PM

Four punts into the old Canal End that day, the come back of come backs, what a day.

Of course we haven't beaten Tyrone since so we're basically shagged.
KERRY 3:7

Mr. Nakata

Interesting to see a few posters eager for Gourley to be dropped. I think he'll line out myself and deservedly so. I can think of three bad errors. When Justy was exposed 2 against one early against Dublin, that came from the Rock man making a mess of a punch. The handling error which led to the Dubs goal and getting caught in possession for Lyng's goal. 2/3 maximums from the 3 errors, should've been 3. However, I think his overall play is good. His fitness is top notch and he came striding out of defense in the second half against Wexford on 4 or 5 occasions, distributing well. Defensively sound and with missing '05 through injury, he'll give us everything. Ricey's error at the marshes effectively cost Tyrone the game, yet that's made his season. It's inspired him. I think Gourley has a big part to play. My match ups would be McMahon on the star. Ricey on gooch and give tommy walsh the pleasure of block gormley's company.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Would agree with you there Mr. Nakata, I think you call it spot on. I feel, however, that Gourley is still getting back into his stride and up to speed, and I'd hope that the errors (which would appear to me to be as a result of losing his focus at critical times) would disappear for the final. He hardly stopped running on Sunday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

time ticking away

I think Justy will pick up Donaghy, Gormley will mark Walsh, Gourley will mark Cooper and Ricey will mark Declan O Sullivan at CHF ( although Gourley could end up CHB)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

ONeill

Cooper put in trojan work off the ball on Sunday  - he seems to be ripening at the right time.

He's hardly likely to drop Devine at this stage but who would you trust more under the expected aerial bombardment - Devine or McConnell?

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think that Packie might have prevented both the Keaney goal and the Lyng goal (Devine stretched for the latter, but couldn't quite reach), but as you say, it would be a brave/reckless move at this stage not to start with Devine.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...