Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

But then again, this season Armagh

Didn't fail to beat Down in the Championship and didn't need a second game either

Didn't have the luxury of facing Wexford in the second half without their marquee forward (would Wexford have scored the crucial goal if Forde hadn't been on the pitch, I don't think so?)

PS If Tyrone win the All Ireland final without gouging or having six men round every Kerry forward when he gets possession, I will happily acknowledge their greatness.

Also Kerry were tested fully by Galway and Cork, on three occasions, and both of these teams are better teams than Tyrone, again in my opinion

dodgy umpire

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2008, 02:38:25 PM
But then again, this season Armagh

Didn't fail to beat Down in the Championship and didn't need a second game either

Didn't have the luxury of facing Wexford in the second half without their marquee forward (would Wexford have scored the crucial goal if Forde hadn't been on the pitch, I don't think so?)

PS If Tyrone win the All Ireland final without gouging or having six men round every Kerry forward when he gets possession, I will happily acknowledge their greatness.

Also Kerry were tested fully by Galway and Cork, on three occasions, and both of these teams are better teams than Tyrone, again in my opinion

very rich coming from an armagh man
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ziggysego

Let Tony grumble.

1. He supports Spurs
2. He supports Armagh
3. He doesn't seem to be aligned to any club
4. Celtic got beat by Rangers
5. Norn Iron are ranked higher than Ireland

The man has a lot on his plate at the moment.
Testing Accessibility

zoyler

The two best teams are in the final - its asimple as that.

BTW I here the St Johns Ambulance are taking extra measures by way of ersonel, equipment, blood plasma and ambulances for fear Aidan O'Mahony & Philip Jordan glance off each other at any stage of the game!  Its also rumoured that they have checked up on Doohers blood group for fear a ball or glove might indent on his stomach!

dodgy umpire

you are right ziggy, i should be more sympathetic
The Boys in Red and Black are back

ziggysego

I've also been informed I've left a few more points off my list.

6. Two wasted trips to Dublin to see Tyrone get beat. ( at his own expense for a change )
7. His more successful neighbours on the Brink of another All Ireland
8. Dodgy Hot Towel Shave that he won from a 'dodgy' magazine.

Anyone know of anymore?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

He didnt enjoy his hot towel shave, although he may not have payed for it.

ziggysego

I'm worried there won't be enough bandwidth to list all Tony's worries  :D
Testing Accessibility

billy the kid

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 01, 2008, 03:05:22 PM
QuoteI have at least travelled down to Croker, at my own expense,n to watch Tyrone play both Dublin and Wexford. How many Tyrone "fans" can say that?

Having watched the negative dredge that is Armagh's style of play, maybe you wanted to watch entertaining football for a change? :D :D

Good point Armagh have always been a bad team to watch but with the retirement and slowing down of some of their better players they are nearly impossible to watch over the last couple of years and are now more negative than ever.  Their style of play doesnt suit the players they have and ant team with McDonnel and Clarke and even Mallon in the forwards shouldnt be scared of attacking .

T-FEARON, your bitter and twisted rants against Tyrone expose your lack of knowledge and complete bias towards your own team.  I am a Derry man and have no great love for Tyrone but I can acknowledge that they are a great team and will be remembered as one of the great Ulster teams if they beat Kerry and are def the Ulster team of the last 10 years no matter what happens on the 21st.

You remind me of why armagh fans are likened to Man Utd - you simply cannot acknowledge anyone else as being a good teamor a good player

You need to lose those sour grapes as they are making you a very bitter person and to be honest your views are hard to take serious because of this

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

EC Unique

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 02, 2008, 01:59:35 PM
QuoteOrangeman. Would you really put Gormley on Donaghy? Too much of a hight difference I think.

EC in the railway cup Donaghy was running riot, outfielding his marker on each occasion.   Gormley went onto him and let him catch the ball clean every time.  Once he landed Gormley hustled him till he lost the ball.  He scored only 1 or 2 points after that.   Donaghy will be having nightmares about that game.

Fair enough I was not aware of this as I have no interest in Railway cup football. I still would fear that Donaghy will be more focased than in a railwaycup game and will be too tall for Gormley but hopefully I am wrong :)

ziggysego

You're right Over the Ball. I'd forgotten that Gormley roasted Donaghy in the Railway Cup. Hopefully Gormley can find some of that again. :)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Anyone know what Hotel the Tyrone team are in? A work colleague was asking me there a moment ago. I'd imagine it's the CityWest, but does anyone know for sure?
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on September 02, 2008, 04:40:22 PM
Anyone know what Hotel the Tyrone team are in? A work colleague was asking me there a moment ago. I'd imagine it's the CityWest, but does anyone know for sure?

Carton House I'd say.

tyrone86

I don't think that the general public knowing where the team is staying on the Saturday night would be ideal preparation for an All-Ireland final so I'd hope anyone that knows can hold their tongue.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on September 02, 2008, 04:56:30 PM
I don't think that the general public knowing where the team is staying on the Saturday night would be ideal preparation for an All-Ireland final so I'd hope anyone that knows can hold their tongue.

Don't think it matters at all - the team will be well protected.