Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Mc Mahon can mark Walsh - Gormely can take care of Donaghy - Mc Menamin can look after Gooch -

No problem.

Who can look after Mc Guigans, Cavanagh, Mc Cullagh, Dooher, Mc Mahon  ??

I think we're in for a great game with not a lot to separate the sides at the end  -  Kerry are red hot favourites ?

Should Tyrone even bother turning up ?  ;)

EC Unique

Orangeman. Would you really put Gormley on Donaghy? Too much of a hight difference I think. Gorley has to go, he is the weakest player on the Tyrone team and was at fault for the goal on Sunday,(also made a basic error in Dublin game that lead to their goal that Devine should of had) Team will def change.

T Fearon

Speaking of Sunday, I bumped into more people from the likes of Down and Fermanagh in the Premium section, than from Tyrone :o

orangeman

Quote from: EC Unique on September 02, 2008, 12:46:11 PM
Orangeman. Would you really put Gormley on Donaghy? Too much of a hight difference I think. Gorley has to go, he is the weakest player on the Tyrone team and was at fault for the goal on Sunday,(also made a basic error in Dublin game that lead to their goal that Devine should of had) Team will def change.

Get the video of Ulster v Munster last November !

nrico2006

QuoteGet the video of Ulster v Munster last November !

Yep, had him in his back pocket.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2008, 01:10:22 PM
Speaking of Sunday, I bumped into more people from the likes of Down and Fermanagh in the Premium section, than from Tyrone :o

Last time I was in the premium section for a Tyrone match, I vowed I'd never be back in it to watch Tyrone again.  Can imagine a lot of other people think the same.  Atmosphere can't compare to sitting in the crowd. 

Over the Bar

QuoteOrangeman. Would you really put Gormley on Donaghy? Too much of a hight difference I think.

EC in the railway cup Donaghy was running riot, outfielding his marker on each occasion.   Gormley went onto him and let him catch the ball clean every time.  Once he landed Gormley hustled him till he lost the ball.  He scored only 1 or 2 points after that.   Donaghy will be having nightmares about that game.

T Fearon

Er, Rois, in the Premium Section you do actually sit amid the crowd. Good bit of banter on Sunday between a few Tyrone men and a Wexford man sitting in close proximity to me. Best laugh of all was when an elderly Cork man expressed the opinion that Tyrone played handball not football. It caused an apoplectic reaction from the Tyrone men :D

ziggysego

Just a little reminder for you Tony ;)

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2008, 03:04:18 PM
If they win this year's All Ireland title I will acknowledge the achievement and accord full credit.
Testing Accessibility

billy the kid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2008, 10:39:54 AM
People are getting carried away here. Tyrone were credibly challenged for one half only of their combined quarter and semi finals, and looked non too comfortable yesterday when Wexford, minus their talisman, suddenly realised, at about 4.50pm, that they were in an All Ireland semi final yesterday.

Kerry are by far the superior footballing side, but I agree the match is too hard to call, as Tyrone will employ every trick in the book (and a few yet to make the book) to negate Kerry's superiority (Gooch had better watch his eyes again) and puke football will be very much in evidence, I fear.

The First bit is a joke, as Kerry were only challenged for second Half of the game in the Munster final and lost a huge lead and the game, Were only challenged for about 10 mins in the drawn AISF and lost a huge lead and drew the game and were only challenged for half the game in the AISF replay and lost another huge lead and just about got over the line.  If you are going to question Tyrone over this Question Kerry too.

The second bit makes me laugh and also makes me suspect that you may be an Armagh man with a chip on his shoulder.  Both these teams can be cynical and aggressive but no more so than plenty of other counties and over the last number of years Armagh have been the most cynical until last couple of years where this title has now passed to Monaghan. I have no real problem with this as teams do what they need to get the win. (If Derry could learn a thing or 2 in that department It would help)

Also this craic about puke football is a bit rich coming from an Armagh man (I Suspect) as it was Armagh who began this trend of the negative defensive game not Tyrone.  Tyrone may have perfected the defensive end of the game but unlike Armagh they added in an extra attacking dimension with all midfielders and defenders coming forward in waves creating a multitude of attacking options for the man on the ball.

T-Fearon you need to get over the defeats by Tyrone in AIF 2003 and the AISF 2005 as both times you were beaten by a better team and it is history.  

You also need to spit out those sour grapes and go back to munching apples.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Rois

Quote from: T Fearon on September 02, 2008, 02:03:06 PM
Er, Rois, in the Premium Section you do actually sit amid the crowd.

Not the same, Tony, not the same, half the crowd is still inside at the bar when the game starts, and then interrupt you when they need to take their seats.  More interested in drink and seeing who they can name drop when they come back to tell their tale on here.

ziggysego

I was in amongst the crowd Rois and I've plenty to name drop. ;)

McEnaney was sitting near me for the Kerry -v- Cork game. Paddy Crozier was knocking about too, plus Pillar was working in the next section.

However, unlike Tony, I won't name drop.....
Testing Accessibility

billy the kid

By the way, looking back at how poor Armagh looked against Wexford and how easy it was for wexford to pull away when they started to play and then looking at how easily Tyrone brushed Wexford aside (and considering Tyrone were in second gear for the 3rd Quarter) Id say you Armagh folk should be happy yous didnt meet in Semi as it would have been a very lopsided game and yous would prob have been even more out played than in 2003 and 2005.

Maybe this is what annoys yous the most and would explain some of the drivel being posted on here.
If it moves hit it

billy the kid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2008, 11:15:21 AM
1 I'm not bitter by the way. Yesterday, both 2 Kerry and Tyrone showed what Armagh didn't against Wexford...an ability to react positively to the concession of a goal at a crucial stage of the game, and 3 thats why they are both in the All Ireland Final and Armagh aren't

1 Your posts show you are very bitter.

2 Your right Kerry and Tyrone both showed things Armagh havent, and a positive reaction to conceeding agoal is one of them. Theres also the ability to spread scores amongst all the forwards and even further out the field whereas Armagh rely on 2 men for about 90% of their scores (Derry also have this problem). Theres also the fact Kerry and Tyrone show a willingness to actually attack in numbers and the main thing they both showed on Sunday that Armagh Havent been able to show for a couple of years now is that they are top quality and genuine All Ireland contenders.

3 The reason they are both in an All ireland Final and Armagh (or any other team) arent is that they are clearly the 2 best teams .
If it moves hit it

man in black

Quote from: billy the kid on September 02, 2008, 02:20:09 PM
By the way, looking back at how poor Armagh looked against Wexford and how easy it was for wexford to pull away when they started to play and then looking at how easily Tyrone brushed Wexford aside (and considering Tyrone were in second gear for the 3rd Quarter) Id say you Armagh folk should be happy yous didnt meet in Semi as it would have been a very lopsided game and yous would prob have been even more out played than in 2003 and 2005.

Maybe this is what annoys yous the most and would explain some of the drivel being posted on here.

You'd be wrong there, it doesnt matter what year it is there is little between Armagh and Tyrone in any game, a few points either way usually settles it.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black