Tyrone v Kerry All Ireland Final 2008

Started by Seany, August 31, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

No idea if its being shown - ill have the setanta up on the classroom wall via the projector.

Toying with the idea of hitting san fran to meet a honeymooning couple of friends and watch the game - but it probably wont happen.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2008, 12:51:38 AM
No idea if its being shown - ill have the setanta up on the classroom wall via the projector.

Toying with the idea of hitting san fran to meet a honeymooning couple of friends and watch the game - but it probably wont happen.

Let me know if you do come down, I 'll meet for a few or a good few if we win ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 19, 2008, 12:53:36 AM
Let me know if you do come down, I 'll meet for a few or a good few if we win ;D

A good few, no negativity allowed!  ;)

Obama abú!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Doire abú

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 19, 2008, 12:47:40 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 19, 2008, 12:43:30 AM
Boys im absolutely gutted not to be making it home for Sunday. Would be a great trip - however I was in exile in 03, and 05 and we won. I was in the Cusack stand in 95 - and we all know how that one went.

Safe travelling to all of you - and may Tyrone win a cracking game of football.

2-15 - 1-12.

Sláinte Puck, I was in the Canal End in '95, straight behind Seanie Mc Laughlin's rasper of an equaliser  ;)

And thanks for last Sunday, Drumquin abú!

Paddy Russell should've moved the free forward 13m for McLaughlin kickin' the ball away!  :D :D :D

time ticking away

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 19, 2008, 12:47:40 AM
Boys im absolutely gutted not to be making it home for Sunday. Would be a great trip - however I was in exile in 03, and 05 and we won. I was in the Cusack stand in 95 - and we all know how that one went.

2-15 - 1-12.

Sláinte Puck, I was in the Canal End in '95, straight behind Seanie Mc Laughlin's rasper of an equaliser  ;)

And thanks for last Sunday, Drumquin abú!
[/i][/b]

I still think 12/1 is some price for the championship
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Declan

Enjoy the game lads and lassies. Don't really care who wins but think Kerry will take it by a couple of points

Gabriel_Hurl

Boys im absolutely gutted not to be making it home for Sunday.

same sentiments from me

Tir Eoghain Abu.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear ón Srath Bán

It could go down to the g-string wire all right.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

offtheground

D4S

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Uladh

Had a whole analysis done but feckin net cafe computer crashed. in short, i think this is kerry's final to lose.

despite producing a fantastic performance against the dubs, tyrone's form hasn't been great this season and certainly all was not well in the camp early in the year. despite the PR, there are players less than impressed with the timing of the return of SON - most notably mugsy and mulgrew - and these are the players who probably will be most affected. i think the cracks might not be too far below the surface.

analytically i think tyrone will have to score more heavily than ever before to win the game as i cannot see them hold the kerry forward line. despite the "twin tower" tag, kerry do not launch high ball on top of the two big men. walsh is interested only in showing in front and taking defenders on directly. if dooher, mcmahon and co gravitate towards the big donaghy on the cover then walsh could cause a wreck. if walsh is doing damage and the cover has to be diluted then donaghy will get the one on ones he needs. thats without mentioning gooch. however, the real casualties of the threat of kerry's inside line will be jordan and harte, who are poor defensively. with their usual help drawn toward donaghy and walsh, harte and jordan will have to deal with their men on their own and that could be disaster for tyrone.

on the flip side, if kerry continue their policy of tracking the covering tyrone players right back into their half then they will provide the acres of space in their own defence which tyrone crave. o'mahony in particular is ripe for exposure in this way as he abandons the centre of the kingdom defence very easily. if this happens dooher, mcmahon, mcguigan, mcginley, harte and jordan will pour forward into the gaps. in this respect the role of scanlon could be crucial. has dara realised that he can't dally on the ball in the middle third yet? the other major headache for kerry will be sean cavanagh. As much as KM would like to believe that the kerry defensive change comes from the form of players in recent training its obvious that griffen is not a good enough defender to play full back in normal circumstances, never mind against cavanagh. i don't think o'sullivan is fit for the job either. despite the height difference, i think marc O'Se is kerry's best bet to mark cavanagh. its not as if tyrone will be reigning high balls in on the square.

i think there are too many question marks over the tyrone defence and i think dara will win a lot of ball at midfield and use it better than normal. kerry have been though the mill this year - much like tyrone in 2005 - and have had to search their soul a couple of times to get this far. so its kerry for me.

wherefromreferee?

I'm calling it.

Tyrone by 2 points. 2 men sent off (1 straight red for Kerry, and a Tyrone fella on 2 yellas)

Subs to change the course of the game.

1-16 plays 0-17
In your Endo!

Yes I Would