'Mayo will win nothing without me' - Mortimer

Started by JMohan, August 28, 2008, 10:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

AbbeySider - just as a matter of interest re your comment on Joyce (i.e. him saying "if there's a better forward in the county than me I'd like to meet him" or words to that effect) - where did you get that quote from? Just interested as I don't remember seeing that in print anywhere this year before any of our games. Cheers

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: galwayman on August 30, 2008, 10:50:13 PM
AbbeySider - just as a matter of interest re your comment on Joyce (i.e. him saying "if there's a better forward in the county than me I'd like to meet him" or words to that effect) - where did you get that quote from? Just interested as I don't remember seeing that in print anywhere this year before any of our games. Cheers

Sure it makes no odds anyway....isnt he right  ;D The difference between PJ saying it and Mortimer is a couple of Celtic Crosses and considerably more ability than Mortimer. After ten years of being one of the best forwards around, hes entitled to some self-confidence Id have thought. That being said, that certainly doesnt sound like PJ so id be keen to see what the source of the alleged comment is......

And sure if PJ was walkin around in the Mayo game with no company, thats not his fault. Imagine the damage he'd have done if he bothered his arse running  ;D