Aidan O'Mahony = Pathetic

Started by Tankie, August 24, 2008, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHe's rattled again. For the 2nd week in a row, MS is rattled.

Nope. I, or other Kerry fans, didnt get involved in the recent comments about owen Mulligan so I expect the same from you lads. You can call us cheaters, divers whatever but keep it football related

Of course you would be happy to see this deteriorate since you were the one that started that whole shite that got Gnevin banned.

J70

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 24, 2008, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2008, 08:09:54 PM
You're the one sending people to the dictionaries, but then complaining when the definitions therein don't agree with what you think they should mean.

Where was I complaining?

If your on about the first part of the post - that was clearly in reference to your question of what definition are they going to use - and it will obviously be the dictionary definition (obviously because the GAA don't define their own).

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2008, 08:09:54 PM
"Strike", as understood by me, in terms of the rules of the game, means any kind of intentional slap or blow with the hands, arms, feet, head or whatever. You give someone a slap on the face, gentle or not, that is a strike to me. You obviously feel differently, and as I said, if the GAA interpret it the same way you do, I will accept that.

Fair enough.

We're going round in circles now: Which definition provided by which dictionary? As I posted earlier, there is no clearcut single definition and there are interpretations that could be used to support either of our positions.

Maximus Marillius

Come on Mike...admit that Kerry are just the same as the rest of us when it comes to trying to get a player sent off.

Minder

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on August 24, 2008, 11:11:42 PM
Come on Mike...admit that Kerry are just the same as the rest of us when it comes to trying to get a player sent off.

I think he did, what he is objecting to is bringing someones private life into it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on August 24, 2008, 11:12:58 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on August 24, 2008, 11:11:42 PM

I think he did, what he is objecting to is bringing someones private life into it.

Seems to be creeping into the board a bit more lately. Some muppet was posting crap about some of the Down players a couple of weeks back. Hopefully the powers that be will put a stop to it.

ONeill

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2008, 11:08:47 PM
QuoteHe's rattled again. For the 2nd week in a row, MS is rattled.

Nope. I, or other Kerry fans, didnt get involved in the recent comments about owen Mulligan so I expect the same from you lads. You can call us cheaters, divers whatever but keep it football related

Of course you would be happy to see this deteriorate since you were the one that started that whole shite that got Gnevin banned.

Just don't wet the bed tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GAAboardmod1

Lads, while debating about the incident in the games are encouraged, please refrain from bringing a players personal life into it. This will not be accepted, see the rules.

Thanks
Mod1

Canalman

Without having read the previous  threads I think O'Mahony has shamed himself and Kerry football in a serious manner. However I fully expect the Kerry apologist herd in the media to defend him with the usual ......."the referee didn't give him a free",......" his run was blocked ",......."he coaches kids",......."What about Ciarán Whelan?" etc etc

On a slightly diferent topic I found Donaghy's continuos snarling at the ref and his gamesmanship at the end of the game a tad disappointing.......but once again the snivelling approach to Kerry in the media will airbrush this away. Contrast this with Dublin's treatment last year.

Jeez, I thought the Cork hurlers were a disagreable bunch but this Kerry team is running them close.

Galvin, Ó Sé, O'Mahony, Donaghy, Cooper(another media darling escaping media scrutiny imo).......to a man magnificent footballers......lads why are you behaving like this?????

Off to bed now......seriously pissed off.

TirEoghaingodeo

I think it's all been said already, firstly comments about these lads private lives isn't on, i think we can all agree on that.
That said, hard not to join in gloating as these Kerry lads (mostly MS) portray their team as the guardians of football and it's traditions, and a cut above all other counties and that sort of behaviour.
More to the point though, not many counties can take moral high ground on this. This win at all costs mentality is slowly ruining football. I'd be interested on what people think can be done about this?
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJust don't wet the bed tonight.

Yawn....good one O'Neill, you out did yourself with that one.

tyssam5

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on August 24, 2008, 11:30:03 PM
I think it's all been said already, firstly comments about these lads private lives isn't on, i think we can all agree on that.
That said, hard not to join in gloating as these Kerry lads (mostly MS) portray their team as the guardians of football and it's traditions, and a cut above all other counties and that sort of behaviour.
More to the point though, not many counties can take moral high ground on this. This win at all costs mentality is slowly ruining football. I'd be interested on what people think can be done about this?

I think we could introduce some suspensions for diving etc. (yes I know Tyrone might get one or two). But the authorities can't even effectively implement the current rules so the chances of new ones are slim.

Bud Wiser

QuoteWatch your mouth Under the bar. His private life has nothing to do with this. People have been banned on this site for comments they have made. I will make damn sure the mods are consistent on this if you bies want to go down this road.

I got in trouble for commenting on showboaters a year back and I was told that players private lives were this and that.  In today's Sunday Independent Dermot Crowe did a full page article on the Dub's and in which he refers to their indisipline and the quality of manager and backroom staff. He said there were incidents between backroom staff (of which he said there were enough of to fill a bus) and some of the players and that two of the players that played against Tyrone had been arrested for serious offences which indicated the type of player that was acceptable.

Good old Sunday Independent.   

I would be a neutral/Kerry supporter today but after O'Mahoney's disgraceful antics I would support no team with his like on board.  The point about it from what I saw was long before his cowardly act he deserved a good dig in the jaw anyway.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI think we could introduce some suspensions for diving etc.

Yeah, but if they made them retroactive Tyrone wouldnt be able to field a team for 5 years or so.

orangeman

You can't really say that O'Mahony could get a yellow card after O'Connor got sent off for slapping him ?

How silly would that sequence not look ?

ONeill

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 24, 2008, 11:36:55 PMHe said there were incidents between backroom staff (of which he said there were enough of to fill a bus) and some of the players and that two of the players that played against Tyrone had been arrested for serious offences

That must have been Ryan and Whelan for impersonating footballers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.