Aidan O'Mahony = Pathetic

Started by Tankie, August 24, 2008, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on August 24, 2008, 08:31:28 PM
i know its a different code but today's strike/slap (whatever you wish to call it) was the same kind of contact dida received from the celtic supporter in last years champions league. dida received a ban (not a large one by any means) but he still got banned for bringing the game into disrepute. it's time for the GAA to make an example of O'Mahony.
[/b]

They can't cause they'll have to admit the ref was wrong and they never hang their refs out to dry !

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 24, 2008, 05:51:53 PM
Kerry have roughly the same mix of pure footballers, sneaks, cheats and henchmen as any other successful team in the last 15 or 20 years. Armagh, Tyrone, Meath, Cork, Dublin etc.

Why we should enjoy putting the boot in to them, is the amount of preening they do to try and portray themselves as "the fillet of football", playing some sort of pure distilled version of the game.  ;)
Remember Billy Morgan made a few obvious observations a couple of years back about Kerry's abilities at the darker arts. A few Kerry folks went into meltdown. That kinda shows how big a deal the image cultivation is to them.

Once you try and exalt yourself as being a cut above, you should expect to get a bit of flak when you plainly don't live up to the lofty billing.

I tip my hat to you!

Nail on the head!

orangeman

Ger Loughnane accused the fillet of hurling, Kilkenny as dirty players last year - Cody said nothing until after the final and shoved Loughnane's comments up his nose after he lifted another Liam.

Kerry might do the same this year !

Osama bin Dublin

Aidan o mahony reminded me why i haven't watched a game of soccer in over 10 yrs,i really hope the GAA sort this out before the disease takes hold.Have to aks another question lads,why oh why did the the cork player fall for o mahonys trap,we all knew at some stage that the reff was goin to even things up,it's happens all the time.If cork had concentrated on playin football & not acting the bollox they could have won.

magickingdom

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 24, 2008, 05:31:17 PM
I very rarely take a dislike to a player but O'Mahony is definitely getting up there. Thoroughly unpleasant character.

do you know him? ffs

Minder

Did someone die today lads? Catch a grip,try and keep a bit of perspective. O Mahonys reaction was pathetic and he will probably be embarrassed when he sees it but an incident like that is not isolated in the GAA nowadays
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

One of my favourite players outside my own county thoroughly disgraced himself today. I mistakenly thought up to now that he was old school. Tough & aggressive, prepared to give and take belts and get on with the game. And then he does that. I was delighted Cork got the draw in the end and delighted it was O'Mahoney himself that gave away the penalty. I'm seriously sick to the back f*cking teeth of this carry on lads.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 24, 2008, 08:01:37 PM
I must say, this rightgeous indignation is very entertaining  :D

I cant condone what Aidan O'Mahony did and I think someone in the Kerry camp needs to take him aside and tell that these Tyrone tactics have no place in Kerry's game.

Fair play to you for actually having the balls to come on this thread Mikey.
But we both know Kerry have been at this kind of shite for years, no more or less than any other successful team mind. But AOM's action today was enough to put him at number one in any Hall of Shame.
Any time I hear media or Kerry people coming out with shite about how they are the purists of the game will now be met with an irrefutable answer: Aidan O'Mahoney.

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on August 24, 2008, 10:27:44 PM
Garda college must be scrapin the barrel........
Im not sure what you do on a football field has anything to do with entrance requirements to the garda
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Kerry Mike

What O'Mahony did was wrong and has no place in football, but O'Connor slapped him, Red card.
Darragh O'Se walked for a slap, O'Neill made a meal of it and was rolling around the ground holding his stomach.  But if the ref said it was a red card so be it we moved on.

O'Mahony should have stood his ground and taken the girlie slap from O'Connor and laughed in his face. O'Connor would still have been sent off, as the linesman was already turned towards him. If O'Mahony had laughed at him it would have been seen as arrogance. Every team does this playacting nowadays and it is ruining our game.

Anyway Frank Murphy will probably get this overturned.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tatler Jack

QuoteDarragh O'Se walked for a slap

A punch KM. Just doing what he does in most games - soemtimes he gets caught.

JMohan

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 24, 2008, 10:45:53 PM
What O'Mahony did was wrong and has no place in football, but O'Connor slapped him, Red card.
Darragh O'Se walked for a slap, O'Neill made a meal of it and was rolling around the ground holding his stomach.  But if the ref said it was a red card so be it we moved on.

O'Mahony should have stood his ground and taken the girlie slap from O'Connor and laughed in his face. O'Connor would still have been sent off, as the linesman was already turned towards him. If O'Mahony had laughed at him it would have been seen as arrogance. Every team does this playacting nowadays and it is ruining our game.

Like he did the last one

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGarda college must be scrapin the barrel........

Watch your mouth Under the bar. His private life has nothing to do with this. People have been banned on this site for comments they have made. I will make damn sure the mods are consistent on this if you bies want to go down this road.

ONeill

He's rattled again. For the 2nd week in a row, MS is rattled.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 24, 2008, 10:45:53 PM
Darragh O'Se walked for a slap, O'Neill made a meal of it and was rolling around the ground holding his stomach.  But if the ref said it was a red card so be it we moved on.

He was already doing that, that was how he provoked the slap in the first place.