Ryan Kelly Higgins
McMahaon Rooney McCormack
Garvan Clancy
Murphy Conway Kavanagh
McDonald Lawlor Munnelley
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Bud Wiser

I seen today where the Pakastanis burnt cardboard effigies of their cricket team, there were street protests, riots and mock burials of the team after Ireland beat them at cricket.

Then I saw that we managed to beat Armagh in the hurling today after our team were beaten by Wicklow the last day out. (Wicklow could only draw with Carlow today)

My shovel is back in the shed, the car back in the driveway and the cardboard in the green bin.  Maybe its onwards and upwards from here and it was just a glitch against Wicklow.

Heshs Umpire

:D
Ah yeah we're back on the road Bud after putting the mighty Armagh to the sword !!
Good to hear from you, hope all's well with you.
Things looking up on the football front too with the Under 21's back in the Leinster final and the seniors looking for a result up in Derry which would really give them a shout at the league semis.

Bud Wiser

Aint we a great little county all the same!
I saw Begley had a great game in the U21's.
How did Donie do without having to go through the "Rocky" training regime?

I hope we get a few more days in Croker this year.

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/irish-folksongs-ballyroan-lyrics.html

ONeill

That's a decent site there Bud. Liked this link on the page - http://www.livevideo.com/video/landing/488B9425D1CD4283964E8F5E9112859A/drunk-girl-on-pole.aspx?tx_site=lyricsdownload.com&tx_cid=591&tx_category=2

worth sticking with it until the last three seconds.

Where in Laois can I find her?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 20, 2007, 10:52:46 PM
Aint we a great little county all the same!
I saw Begley had a great game in the U21's.
How did Donie do without having to go through the "Rocky" training regime?

Quigley, Bud, Quigley. Begley's the lad playing Down Under footie.
Donie did fine but I heard his club performance in a league game the next day was something to behold.

Bud Wiser

Sorry about that Hesh, I am a disaster at Quigleys and Begleys and Phelans and Whelans and Mallons and Mellons etc.  I was at a wedding there a year or so back (speaking of Begley) and the brother-in-law got a not so good looking pint.  He said to the barman,, "a come on for jaysus sake, put a Ken on that for me" and the barman said "what" and he said "Head" as in Bigley.  Sick or what? 

Heshs Umpire

Laois (SF v Derry): M Nolan; C Ryan, K Fitzpatrick, J Higgins; P McMahon, D Rooney, B McCormack; N Garvan, P Clancy; C Kavanagh, C Conway, D Murphy; B McDonald, P Lawlor, R Munnelly.

Barry Brennan not included  ???

The Real Laoislad

Two good results on sunday with the Hurlers winning well and the Footballers drawing even though they were cheated here are both match reports NFL Div 1B-Laois denied by controversial umpiring decision
Posted on March 25th, 2007 by Editor
Football League Division 1B

Derry 1-11 - 1-11 Laois

Derry grabbed a controversial 1-11 to 1-11 draw with Laois at Celtic Park this afternoon, thanks to an injury-time point from Conleth Gilligan.

The Laois management were angered when a 67th-minute point attempt from Ross Munnelly was ruled out by Donegal referee Jimmy White, after one umpire had waved it over.

Paul Lawlor's 1-2 haul got Laois off to a flyer but the Oak Leafers bounced back to trail by 1-5 to 1-2 at half-time.

Paddy Bradley netted for Derry in the 24th-minute and finished with a 1-4 tally.

Defenders Peter O'Leary and Padraig McMahon kept Laois ahead but Gilligan's fourth point ensured a stalemate.

In sunny conditions, Padraig Clancy rampaged through to open the scoring for Laois who soon motored into a 1-4 to 0-0 lead.

Lawlor scored his 1-2 in the space of three hectic minutes as Chris Conway fed him for a left-footed goal finish and he cracked over two points to savour.

Conway tagged on Laois' fourth point before Derry belatedly got on the scoresheet, 17 minutes in, through Barry McGoldrick, who was a late call-up to the side in place of the injured Joe Keenan.

Bradley, who is back from a troublesome hamstring injury, showed the hosts what they have been missing when he hared onto a long ball-in from Enda Muldoon and a mix-up in the Laois defence, which saw goalkeeper Nolan rush out, allowed the Glenullin attacker dance through and fire to an empty net.

Bradley added a free which was cancelled out by Munnelly just before the interval.

Derry were left cursing six wides in the opening half while they also kicked a lot of balls into Nolan's arms. Despite the introduction for Laois of Brendan Quigley, which came on for Gary Kavanagh, the home side responded well with Gilligan and Bradley the tormentors in chief.

Derry led 1-9 to 1-8 as the game entered its final ten minutes - Bradley (0-3), Gilligan (0-2) and James Conway (0-2) all fired over as Paddy Crozier's men made use of some lacklustre defending.

A Quigley point levelled the game for the second occasion, but Derry broke in front once more thanks to a Gilligan score. Good work from O'Leary and McMahon, who looked accomplished on energy-sapping raids forward, helped Laois take a 1-11 to 1-10 lead in the 70th-minute.

However, Gilligan drew the sides level again and although Laois strung together a real team movement in the third minute of injury-time, a late Brian McCormack kick agonisingly fell wide of the target.

SCORERS - Derry: Paddy Bradley 1-4 (2f); C Gilligan 0-4 (2f); J Conway 0-2; E Muldoon, B McGoldrick 0-1 each. Laois: P Lawlor 1-2; R Munnelly 0-3; B Quigley 0-2; C Conway, P Clancy, P McMahon, P O'Leary 0-1 each.

DERRY - S O'Kane; K McGuckin, K McCloy, R Murray; P O'Hea, SM Lockhart, G O'Kane; F Doherty, J Conway; B McGoldrick, C Gilligan, Paddy Bradley; R Wilkinson, E Muldoon, P Bradley. Subs: M Lynch for McGoldrick (47); Patsy Bradley for G O'Kane (52); J Diver for Wilkinson (54).

LAOIS - M Nolan; C Ryan, K Fitzpatrick, J Higgins; P McMahon, D Rooney, B McCormick; P Clancy, N Garvan; G Kavanagh, C Conway, D Murphy; B McDonald, P Lawlor, R Munnelly. Subs: B Quigley for Kavanagh (h-t); P O'Leary for Conway (60); B Sheahan for Murphy (65).

NHL Div 2A-Laois blow Meath away
Posted on March 25th, 2007 by Editor
Hurling League Division 2A

Laois 4-17 - 2-05 Meath

Laois kept up the heat on Wicklow with a comfortable 4-17 to 2-5 win over Meath in Portlaoise on Sunday.

Willie Hyland hit 2-4 as the O'Moore County had little trouble in overpowering their Leinster rivals.

The men in blue and white led 2-10 to 1-3 at the interval, while their scoring prowess continued to better that of the Royals and as two further goals were added, Meath's promotion ambitions were ended.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Impressive Laois leave Armagh in their wake

Laois shot to the top of the Division 1B standings after an excellent display in a 1-13 to 0-8 defeat of Armagh at O'Moore Park.

Despite losing goalscorer Brendan Quigley to a 27th-minute red card, Laois effectively had the points in the bag as they led 1-8 to 0-2 at half-time.

Michael Tierney was an able deputy for the injured Ross Munnelly while the home fans were in raptures when midfielder Quigley netted in the eighth-minute.

Quigley saw red for striking as the first half came to a fractious finish.

The visitors included Kieran McGeeney and Diarmuid Marsden but they were second best throughout and are now in serious danger of plummeting into Division Three for next year.

The Orchard men were guilty of another poor start as Laois left them in their wake. Liam Kearns' home side were 1-4 to 0-1 to the good by the first half's midpoint.

Brian 'Beano' McDonald and Tierney each sent over a free before some neat build-up play from Darren Rooney allowed Quigley to stride through and left-foot to the Armagh net.

Quigley's inclusion allowed Padraig Clancy forage in the half-forwards and Laois looked close to their attacking best in the opening stages, roared on by a vocal crowd.

Steven McDonnell's tenth-minute point got Armagh on the scoreboard, after some early wides from Marsden and Finian Moriarty.

However, that was the 2005 league champions' only point from play in the first half as Paddy McKeever added their second score from a free.

Two more Tierney points, coupled with white flags for David Murphy and McDonald efforts, saw Laois push on for a 1-6 to 0-2 buffer before Quigley's part in a melee saw him earn a straight red card.

Laois were not deterred and the sending-off hardly put them off their stride as two more Tierney frees saw them move eight points ahead for the interval.

Armagh's fortunes improved slightly on the resumption when McDonnell and McKeever (free) cancelled out points from McDonald and Clancy, who fisted over the bar.

But Chris Conway, who fitted easily into the role as Laois' play-maker, increased his influence with a lovely point from the right wing.

Conway added his second soon after, but Armagh had a slight spell of dominance with Paul McGrane, Marsden and McDonnell all bisecting the posts.

Nevertheless, the scores dried up and Martin O'Rourke's injury-time point was only a consolation for Joe Kernan's outfit as it followed an impressive over from Laois' Peter O'Leary.

SCORERS
LAOIS: Michael Tierney 0-5 (three frees, two '45s), Brendan Quigley 1-0, Brian McDonald 0-3 (two frees), Chris Conway 0-2, Padraig Clancy, David Murphy and Peter O'Leary 0-1 each

ARMAGH: Steven McDonnell 0-4 (all frees), Diarmuid Marsden, Martin O'Rourke, Paul McGrane and Paddy McKeever (free) 0-1 each

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Leinster Minor Football Championship Result

Laois 4-20
Kilkenny 0-06
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Heshs Umpire

Quigley reinstated for Saturaday evening's Under 21 tie, at last we get a break in one of these disciplinary sagas.

KIDDO

Laois 0.6, Offaly 1.1, half time score in U21final.

KIDDO

Laois 0.7. Offaly 1.2, 4mins into 2nd half

KIDDO

Laois 0.12, Offaly, 1.6 , 27 min gone 2nd half.