2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: armaghniac on December 01, 2008, 02:49:15 PM
jeering at freetakers.

Came across on the radio very loudly, a disgrace and seemed to be coming from the Derry fans. Cheering frees and cheering wides would drive you mad.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 03:18:15 PM
jeering at freetakers.

Came across on the radio very loudly, a disgrace and seemed to be coming from the Derry fans. Cheering frees and cheering wides would drive you mad.

so what you saying?it was just ballinderry fans,this has been going on as long as i can remeber and theres supporters from EVERY team who partake in this unsporting conduct

mackers

Quote from: amigo on December 01, 2008, 03:09:57 PM
Oisin's goal should have been disallowed for taking nine steps!!!
Amigo, get over it FFS...... he over carried because he was being fouled.........if you say rules are rules then it was a penalty......my point was how coolly he finished it. Ballinderry goal was not a square ball imo......ball came from the post to Conway who was outside the square, he was in the square when he passed it to McCusker so no square ball there either. Surely the square ball rule is if you are in the square before the ball is and neither McCusker or Conway were in the square before the ball.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

screenexile

Quote from: WolfeTone on December 01, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

Neda watch the tape 2nite to make sure of that one, but im nearly certain he fouled on the ball by switching hands? Neda watch it tonight to be certain, but i thought it at the time

Where did this changing hands myth come from? Utter nonsense!

behind the wire

Quote from: mackers on December 01, 2008, 03:25:30 PM
Amigo, get over it FFS...... he over carried because he was being fouled.........if you say rules are rules then it was a penalty......my point was how coolly he finished it. Ballinderry goal was not a square ball imo......ball came from the post to Conway who was outside the square, he was in the square when he passed it to McCusker so no square ball there either. Surely the square ball rule is if you are in the square before the ball is and neither McCusker or Conway were in the square before the ball.

conway was outside. he passed the ball into the square. mccusker was already there. square ball.

watch it tonight on the news.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

screenexile

Just watched it again... Conway's left foot was in the square when he passed the ball and from what I could see the ball was in too. I don't think it was square ball.

The free that was given against Cross that led up to the goal was dubious as the Ballinderry player had a foot in when the cross player went to pick up the ball although the Cross player made no attempt to get his toe under the ball. Darren Conway overcarried just before the kick that came off the post also but then McConville also did for his goal.

screenexile

Oh and the game is online

www.tg4.tv

Click on the sport link on the left hand side and the game should be there.

winsamsoon

tell me this lads are there highlights of this game on this game on tonight? If not where could i find them.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on December 01, 2008, 03:22:30 PM
jeering at freetakers.

so what you saying?it was just ballinderry fans,this has been going on as long as i can remeber and theres supporters from EVERY team who partake in this unsporting conduct

I was talking about Sunday's match. Idid not hear any jeering from the Cross fans. Wind your neck in, it is a thread on Sunday's game.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 04:01:59 PM
jeering at freetakers.

I was talking about Sunday's match. Idid not hear any jeering from the Cross fans. Wind your neck in, it is a thread on Sunday's game.

what evveer

AZOffaly

Quote from: drici on December 01, 2008, 03:55:24 PM
Quote from: amigo on December 01, 2008, 03:13:51 PM

DÉ DOMHNAIGH, 7ú NOLLAIG

3:45pm: BEO - Craobh Club AIB, Cluiche Ceannais Peile Uladh - Athimirt
Raonaithe na Croise (Árd Macha) -vs- Seamróga Baile an Doire (Doire)
IONAD: Páirc Brewster, Inis Cheitleann

NÓTA: Am breise más gá (2 x 10 nóiméad).

TG4 showing it live !!

Well done TG4 - was a decision between the Ulster Final and going up to St Pauls for the Armagh Harps/Scotstown and Creggan/Belcoo matches.
St Pauls wins out now especially on the back of The Pogues concert the night before.
Wouldn't be looking extra time in the Leinster Final though.

Why not? Do you think Rhode will be well beaten? They might surprise you...

corn02

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on December 01, 2008, 04:08:21 PM
Quote from: corn02 on December 01, 2008, 04:01:59 PM
jeering at freetakers.

what evveer

Boom boom.

fitzroyalty

in fairness i've heard worse than jeers coming from cross' fans over the years. Jeering happens at nearly every match, players ignore it so I don't see why it should bother anyone

Drumanee 1

as you say it happens every match and yesterday was no different,having been at the match it didnt seem any louder than usual,and from both sides and it's always a pile of young one's doing it,have never actually see a adult booing at matches although thats not to say there are a few clampets that do.

fitzroyalty

every club has their idiots, including mine and yours