2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

any word if the replay will b on TG4??
Nice guys always finish second!

orangeman

Quote from: mackers on December 01, 2008, 01:37:04 PM
Highlight of the match for me was Tony Mac's shoulder on Ballinderry's no 10.........he had to be taken off in the second half, when the twins hit you you know about it, pity it wasn't on Conway.
Only Oisin would've scored that goal, he left it right to the last moment to see the goalie committing himself before slotting it, how many forwards would've shot much earlier to give the goalie a chance?? Sheer class.......

Oisin might have lost a yard or two of pace but none of the cuteness and craft -

There might be about 6 forwards in Ireland who would have done what Oisin did in scoring that goal -

The defender made it a wee bit easier by not adavancing towards him - but a super finish.

As was big Niall's finish.

armaghniac

Certainly Ballinderry had great spirit, no other Ulster team would have even achieved a draw and some class play. But some of the carryon of players and supporters wasn't very classy, including the jeering at freetakers. McNamee was targeted, in the second half when he already had a yellow the sub could hassle him and ensure they both got a card.  

No ref was going to have it easy yesterday, and diving didn't help. However given the (light hearted) observations about Ballinderry being in Tyrone perhaps it would have looked better if the ref had come from the likes of Fermanagh or Cavan.

Enniskillen is a fine ground now, but is one awkward place to travel to. They should light the scoreboard if they are going to have floodlight games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Whoever is ref, it can't be Sludden.  A ref is not allowed to referee a replay of a game he was involved in.

behind the wire

Quote from: orangeman on December 01, 2008, 02:44:12 PM
Highlight of the match for me was Tony Mac's shoulder on Ballinderry's no 10.........he had to be taken off in the second half, when the twins hit you you know about it, pity it wasn't on Conway.
Only Oisin would've scored that goal, he left it right to the last moment to see the goalie committing himself before slotting it, how many forwards would've shot much earlier to give the goalie a chance?? Sheer class.......

Oisin might have lost a yard or two of pace but none of the cuteness and craft -

There might be about 6 forwards in Ireland who would have done what Oisin did in scoring that goal -

The defender made it a wee bit easier by not adavancing towards him - but a super finish.

Ballinderry goal was a square ball. shouldn't have been allowed.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Drumanee 1

Quote from: behind the wire on December 01, 2008, 03:01:13 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 01, 2008, 02:44:12 PM

Ballinderry goal was a square ball. shouldn't have been allowed.

came off the post

SidelineKick

He received a pass from James Conway.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

amigo

Oisin's goal should have been disallowed for taking nine steps!!!

full back

The goal was a square ball
The player was in the square when he received the ball
The Cross players were claiming it, but Sludden would have got hammered if he had disallowed it & the umpires wouldnt have had the balls to call it

Keeps the interest in football going into December which is a pleasant change.
Pity TG4 arent going to show the game
Will it be on the net?

WolfeTone

Quote from: amigo on December 01, 2008, 03:09:57 PM
Oisin's goal should have been disallowed for taking nine steps!!!

Neda watch the tape 2nite to make sure of that one, but im nearly certain he fouled on the ball by switching hands? Neda watch it tonight to be certain, but i thought it at the time
Dougal: What's going on?
Priest: I think Ted has a plan
Dougal: No. I mean in general.

WolfeTone

Quote from: full back on December 01, 2008, 03:10:14 PM
The goal was a square ball
The player was in the square when he received the ball
The Cross players were claiming it, but Sludden would have got hammered if he had disallowed it & the umpires wouldnt have had the balls to call it

Keeps the interest in football going into December which is a pleasant change.
Pity TG4 arent going to show the game
Will it be on the net?

Is it still a square ball even when the pass comes from within the square?
I thought it was only a square ball when receiveing it from outside the small square? ???
Dougal: What's going on?
Priest: I think Ted has a plan
Dougal: No. I mean in general.

amigo

DÉ DOMHNAIGH, 7ú NOLLAIG

1:30pm - GAA BEO ar an aer

2:00pm: BEO - Craobh Club AIB, Cluiche Ceannais Peile Laighean
Cill Mochuda na Crócaigh (Áth Cliath) -vs- Ród (Uíbh Fhailí)
IONAD: Páirc Parnell, Baile Átha Cliath

NÓTA: Am breise más gá (2 x 10 nóiméad).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:45pm: BEO - Craobh Club AIB, Cluiche Ceannais Peile Uladh - Athimirt
Raonaithe na Croise (Ard Mhacha) -vs- Seamróga Baile an Doire (Doire)
IONAD: Páirc Brewster, Inis Cheitleann

NÓTA: Am breise más gá (2 x 10 nóiméad).

Á chur i lathair ag Micheál Ó Domhnaill le tráchtaireacht ó Bhrian Tyers agus Tomás Ó hAilín.

TG4 showing it live !!

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

SidelineKick

Great stuff!!!

James Conway was outside the small square if I can remember right!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

What game is it replacing?
Good to see it is on live

Cant be 100% sure, need to watch it again, but I thought the pass came from outside the small square