2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

have to say Ballinderry showed some charachter to get the draw, ref might have been helpful to their cause but he was bad in general for both teams. Cross were excellent and possibly should have won. Enda Muldoon was outstanding. Best of luck to Ballinderry for the replay

orangeman

Great display by Ballinderry - when is the replay and where is the replay - hopefully it won't be in Enniskillen again.

thewobbler

I'll echo the sentiments above that I've never seen a referee give so much against Crossmaglen. They were robbed today by the man in black, normally their best friend.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: orangeman on November 30, 2008, 05:37:27 PM
Great display by Ballinderry - when is the replay and where is the replay - hopefully it won't be in Enniskillen again.

according to BBC it is..

Cross will just have to wait another wee while before they walk in the footsteps of the Great Clans side of the 70s :P

thebandit

The Ballinderry number 11 (Conway?) should get a suspension for that. Disgraceful stuff  >:(

screenmachine

I don't see why everyone is complaining about the ref being so harsh on Cross, maybe the last ten minutes but for the previous fifty, any kind of 50-50 went Cross' way and a few frees were nearly given before a tackle was made?  On the balance of things Ballinderry got a few more scores out of their ten minute period but Cross got the nod on much of the rest of the game.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Over the Bar

Snatching a draw from the jaws of a convincing victory is very unfamiliar territory for Cross.  Will wonder thow they let it slip.

QuoteThe Ballinderry number 11 (Conway?) should get a suspension for that. Disgraceful stuff  Angry

It seems that if McEntee did strike on the way thru it was to the chest so the Ballinderry no 11 made a huge meal to get the dismissal. 

If Cross get the red rescinded I expect them to win but if not it will probably go Ballinderry's way.

Some very strange reffing decisions where stonewall frees in became frees out.   Francie walks the tightrope again without a safety net. ;)

Minder

Gaa player in diving shocker. Is the Ballinderry #11 the new Gaa Board No 1 enemy ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

doire na raithe

Hmmmm, I'm finding it hard to have anything other than admiration for him. I can only equate him to Marradonna punching the ball into the net in '86.

aroundincircles

In my opinion sludden was very harsh on ballinderry in first half and then tried to even it up in second half and just went completely overboard and almost turned the match into a sham.

thebandit

Quote from: Minder on November 30, 2008, 06:30:12 PM
Gaa player in diving shocker. Is the Ballinderry #11 the new Gaa Board No 1 enemy ?

That sort of behaviour makes the referee's job impossible. Its an awful pity there is no ban for that sort of craic because it needs to be eradicated from our game.

I had the game saved on sky plus and I froze and replayed the Ballinderry goal a few times and I'm still not sure if the man was in or out when he played the ball.

Orior

Bad decisions by the ref balanced out. It was a difficult game to referee, and Sludden did his best. Protocol would say that he gets the replay too.

In the end, i think the ref did a good job caue there were a number of occasions when all out war could have broken out and it would be headlined on BBC and the Belfast Telegraph. It was a no nonsense display, and you cant expect 100% accurate decisions.

Shorty looked really out of his depth today. And whats worse, he looks like Ricky Gervaise.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

INDIANA

Crossmaglen should have shut the game out - 5 points up they blew it. And why did they take Francie off? goal would never have gone in had he been there.

Shortso79

Just back from Enniskillen.

Thought the ref should have nipped things in the bud at the start of the game - but he didn't.

Didnt think he had control of the game at all - bad for both sides.

Suspensions should be introduced for play acting - Ulster Council take note.