2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Quote from: aontroim on November 16, 2008, 03:58:57 PM
:o some result for St. Eunan's! What about the Ballinderry game?

Any word on Ballinderry game, anybody???

under the bar

So did Cross win or did St Eunans win??

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

zoyler

Cross won 11-8 with Francie man of the match

Tim Buzaglo

Will we ever see another one?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Bomber on November 16, 2008, 03:14:38 PM
Again I have seen Steven Kernan and wonder to myself how is he on Armagh seniors (he was even considered for Ulster too).

Your not the only one.. Typical Cross though, mediocre display yet they still pull through. Ref was generous at times also

Yes I Would

Cross won by 3. Eunans started like a steam train and led at half time.
Cross came into it second half and started to dominate around the middle with breakin ball and turn overs.
Eunans had chances but looked like they didnt believe they could win.
2 Mc Entees again were the pic for Cross.

under the bar

QuoteCross won 11-8 with Francie man of the match

Nice to hear.  Armagh need a bit of a lift this year.

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

brokencrossbar1

Well done to the boys at home but jaysus they made a hard job of it.  St Eunan's palyed good fast football in the first half and Cross looked very flat.  Typical of the lads though, that they reorganised and played the game at their own pace.  They started getting big hits in and this told on St Eunan's as teh game wore on.  The simply were punch drunk and could not break the tackles. 

The Macs, Francie and JD were to the front for Cross, well supported by Oisin and I thought David McKenna had a strong second half.  Once Haran ran out of steam in the middle, Cross took over and although they never really looked like pulling away, they also never looked like losing.

A majpr improvement needed for the final and given the score in the other game you would have to fancy Ballinderry.  They have come through the stronger side of the draw and beat two strong teams in Mayobridge and Gaels.  They will be going into the final as more than warm favourites I reckon.

aroundincircles

broken cross how do you make ballinderry favorites is crossmaglen not going for three in a row.

orangeman

Ballinderry were awesome - blew the Gaels away ( pardon the pun ) in the 2nd half.

Armagh Exile

Any details as regards the final?
Date, Venue and time.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: aroundincircles on November 16, 2008, 04:20:55 PM
broken cross how do you make ballinderry favorites is crossmaglen not going for three in a row.

Codology. He's barely backed them for a game all year.  ;)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead