Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteErrigal Ciaran

4-00 Leicester
1st Errigal Lad 4/1x

Bit late telling me that now!  :(

Wee Roddy

Brokencrossbar, when exactly did you play Carrickmore regularly over the years? I know you are mistaken on this one boy!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 15, 2008, 05:00:35 PM
Brokencrossbar, when exactly did you play Carrickmore regularly over the years? I know you are mistaken on this one boy!

wee roddy, i personally played against them twice and there was nothter game last weekend, I also think there was a game another game.  At least 3 possibly 4 times over the last 10 -12 years.

KIDDO 4

Fearon did not win the 2 All Ireland tickets on Today fm yesterday , gladly coming to a Tyrone listener with thanks toVodafone

Carmen Stateside

I played against you boys twice Brokencrossbar. Once in your place which you played in, which was a hard hitting game to say the least! and the second time was when you lads sent a team up to play us in the opening of the extension to the changing rooms.

full back

With the Armagh champions having a home draw, if Cross win, will they have to play at the Athletic Grounds or can they still play their Ulster C'ship games in Cross?

Onion Bag

I would assume Cross, because its a club competition, but i could be wrong,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Over the Bar

QuoteWith the Armagh champions having a home draw, if Cross win, will they have to play at the Athletic Grounds or can they still play their Ulster C'ship games in Cross?

Why do you think they would be forced to play at the Athletic grounds?

milltown row

we play all our Club Championship games at Casement, and we played Carrickmore in Healy Park, and Mayobridge at the Marshes last time and again this year. whats the ruling on this? is it a home fixture you play at your own pitch or at the county pitch?

armaghniac

You play at your home pitch if it is suitable for a large crowd. Cross is, although they were working on it over the summer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wee Roddy

AFS I think you will find that Carrickmore does have all the requirements that you ask, turnstiles, disabled facilities, 3 covered stands that can hold 3500 people and many more requirements that you do not mention. It has been a major gripe with the Tyrone county board that we have not been able to play our Ulster Club games at "home"

screenexile

Derry clubs have never played their games at home venues either. Usually Glen or Ballinascreen has been used in the past. I don't even think Celtic Park has been used for them either!

Doire abú

Glenullin played Newtownbutler in Celtic Park last year.

milltown row

think our replay with Ballinderry was at the Glen. Ballinderry went on to win the All Ireland that year :'(

screenexile

Quote from: Doire abú on October 10, 2008, 12:53:25 PM
Glenullin played Newtownbutler in Celtic Park last year.

D'oh! Well that's probably because they're the only North Derry team to win it in a while. As far as I know all the South Derry teams tend to use Glen or Ballinascreen.