2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

John Mac got his red card downgraded to a yellow and so he will be eligible for the replay.

I wonder how the cheat Conway feels now.??

Shortso79

Bogball XV

Stevie Nicks

Until action is taken against Conway and his like they will continue doing it. If Ballinderry had managed to sneek 1 more point tonights decision would have meant nothing. Suspend Conway for the replay and get rid of this growing trend in the game. >:(

Shortso79

Martin McHugh had a good article in the Irish Star yesterday re the Final

imtommygunn

He'll probably feel like he better watch himself for they might give him a good reason to go down this week!!

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Shortso79 on December 03, 2008, 10:11:28 PM
Martin McHugh had a good article in the Irish Star yesterday re the Final

Can you post it shortso? Delighted for John Mac!
"Stercus accidit"

Bogball XV

Whilst McEntee didn't connect and Conway did make a meal of the incident, he did lead with his elbow and should count himself extremely lucky, imo if Conway hadn't made such a meal of it, McEntee would still have got the line, but he wouldn't have been exonerated.  Is it really the place of the Ulster council to start amending referees' decisions regarding red cards and changing them into yellow cards?  The very fact that having viewed the incident again they still felt a yellow was justified would indicate that this decision was taken because of Conway's diving.
It's a nonsense decision imo, a cop out, either exonerate him completely or let the referee's decision stand.

armaghniac

There is nothing nonsense about determining that a yellow rather than a red was warranted. There is nothing nonsense about taking account of the fact that the ref didn't just make an error but was deliberately mislead by Conway. The only nonsense in this case is that they have not penalised Conway for diving.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bogball XV

Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2008, 11:11:39 PM
There is nothing nonsense about determining that a yellow rather than a red was warranted. There is nothing nonsense about taking account of the fact that the ref didn't just make an error but was deliberately mislead by Conway. The only nonsense in this case is that they have not penalised Conway for diving.
Is there anything that Conway could have been penalised for?  What I'm trying to say is that they have agreed with the referee's judgement that a foul was committed, so what was the foul?  What foul could have warranted a yellow card but not a red?  To reitterate, it was a nonsense decision and a cop out.

crossfire

So every foul should be a red then. ::) ::)

Bogball XV

Quote from: crossfire on December 04, 2008, 12:35:39 AM
So every foul should be a red then. ::) ::)
No, but presumably the referee made the call that McEntee had committed the following:
RULE 5 - AGGRESSIVE FOULS
5.1 To strike or attempt to strike an opponent with
the head, arm, elbow, hand or knee.
PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
(i) Order offender off.
(ii) Free kick from where the foul occurred
except as provided under Exceptions of
Rule 2.2.

If not, what was the foul that would be deemed worthy of a yellow? 

Btw Conway's feigning a dive would have warranted a yellow card if the referee had seen what had happened correctly, although I still think McEntee's red was probably justified as it's irrelevant whether or not he connected.

full back

Quote from: Bogball XV on December 04, 2008, 12:46:35 AM
I still think McEntee's red was probably justified as it's irrelevant whether or not he connected.

Have you watched the incident bogball?
For the world of me I cant understand how you think Mc Entee deserved a straight red for that ???

Anyway, no excuses on Sunday now for either team

Bogball XV

Quote from: full back on December 04, 2008, 07:36:26 AM
I still think McEntee's red was probably justified as it's irrelevant whether or not he connected.

Have you watched the incident bogball?
For the world of me I cant understand how you think Mc Entee deserved a straight red for that ???

Anyway, no excuses on Sunday now for either team
only seen it online, the radio lads on sunday were adamant that it was red whether or not he connected though.  Looking at the rules, he led with the elbow, which by the letter of the law must mean "attempting to strike", his own comments afterwards didn't do him any favours either though, he basically admitted he came in with the elbow.  I also thought his comment "bad referees make bad decisions" would ensure he wouldn't play this sunday, can you imagine the repercussions if he were a soccer player saying that?
As I say, I think Conway's diving is the only reason that he will play this sunday.

SidelineKick

Btw Conway's feigning a dive would have warranted a yellow card if the referee had seen what had happened correctly, although I still think McEntee's red was probably justified as it's irrelevant whether or not he connected.

Bog I still can't see how you think it was anywhere near a red card even without Conways feigning. Maybe you should have a look at www.tg4.tv  The look on John Macs face says it all when the ref informs him he's for the line. He's in complete disbelief.

Quote from: crossfire on December 03, 2008, 09:06:12 PM
John Mac got his red card downgraded to a yellow and so he will be eligible for the replay.

I wonder how the cheat Conway feels now.??

Conway will not feel bothered either way.  The type of player he is if he got the chance he would do it again.

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on December 03, 2008, 07:08:03 PM

You have heard of "People in Glasshouses................."
What's wrong with soccer..............didn't Oisin play soccer.

TFAL that is possibly one of the most stupid posts I have seen in recent times.  What I'm saying is diving is soccer stuff, please do not try and tell me diving doesnt go on in soccer. And if you can get me some sort of evidence of Oisin rolling about a soccer pitch feigning injury please don't be afraid to post it.  Jesus what a stupid post.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.