David Healy joins Sunderland

Started by Denn Forever, August 21, 2008, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Just heard that David Healy has joined Sunderland.  Roy Keane hasn't been too hot on signing strikers.  Will Healy do the business for Sunderland?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Our Nail Loney

Heard hes also in for getting liverpool reject djibril cisse on loan.... doesn look too hot

hope im wrong though and he scores loads

cisse that is

the other one can go and f**k

Gaffer

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 21, 2008, 08:22:13 PM
Just heard that David Healy has joined Sunderland.  Roy Keane hasn't been too hot on signing strikers.  Will Healy do the business for Sunderland?

NO !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Frig yer man who wrote that article on OWC about Ireland's 2002 World Cup isn't going to be too happy. What was it he called Keane?

Probably Healy's last chance in Premier League. Is Kenwyne Jones injured? His purchase probably got Keane's transfer record out of jail last year.  This may well push Stokes down the pecking order as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 21, 2008, 08:33:35 PM
Frig yer man who wrote that article on OWC about Ireland's 2002 World Cup isn't going to be too happy. What was it he called Keane?

Probably Healy's last chance in Premier League. Is Kenwyne Jones injured? His purchase probably got Keane's transfer record out of jail last year.  This may well push Stokes down the pecking order as well.

In fairness Healy is probably an upgrade on Stokes, who is absolutely pish.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

charlie stubbs

jones is injured to near xmas i think hurt himsel playing again engerland

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 21, 2008, 08:39:31 PM
jones is injured to near xmas i think hurt himsel playing again engerland

Engerland are some team...

Arthur

Roy Keane must have a loan out of the credit union with the dummies he buys - expect Sunderland to go down this year.

Longshanks

Quote from: Arthur on August 21, 2008, 08:45:09 PM
Roy Keane must have a loan out of the credit union with the dummies he buys - expect Sunderland to go down this year.

He stayed up last season with mostly championship players and this season he has bought mostly all players that play in the premiership, personally I believe they'll finish in the top 15.

Cisse and Jones when they play together will be some handful.

Denn Forever

Why is he derided so much here?  I reckon it will be his last stop in Britain.  He would be more suited to a slower game on the continent. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

I bet OWC are confused now that Healy is managed by Keane in a team owned by ex hurler Niall Quinn. A lot of them started supported Fulham, but could they stomach supporting Keano?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mourne Rover

Healy has an incredible international goals record but his stats at club level are poor. He got ten for Leeds in 06/07 but at least half of those were penalties. Last season, he managed four for Fulham. He never really convinced the Leeds fans and Roy Hodgson dropped him as soon as he took over Fulham. He is a natural finisher when he gets a bit of space for NI, but the evidence is that he lacks the pace and strength for club football. It is very difficult to see him starting if Keane has everyone available.

Yes I Would

Dunphy had a right go at Woy in the Star on Monday and these two signings have me agreeing with Dunph for a change.

If Healy cant cut it at Fulham, id be surprised if he will do the business for Sunderland, who are at a similar level of averageness as Fulham.
Any word on how much he forked out on the pair of em?

Minus15

I think Cisse's a good signing for Sunderland. Low risk really being a loan and a cut above what they already have. Healy on the other hand just can't do it in the premier league!!

MW

Quote from: Orior on August 21, 2008, 09:59:03 PM
I bet OWC are confused now that Healy is managed by Keane in a team owned by ex hurler Niall Quinn.

Aye, it's all terribly confusing right enough.

A lot of them started supported Fulham, but could they stomach supporting Keano?

Did they?