Started by his holiness nb, August 20, 2008, 03:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Are you joking Puck
With baby Puck on the seen you are fcuked for the next few years

Solomon Kane

All the best to you and Mrs NiFan. :D

ziggysego

Lets all lower our heads for a minute's silence, for a fallen friend......
Testing Accessibility

MW

Good luck fella!

So your best days are firmly behind you then ;)

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: ziggysego on August 21, 2008, 11:04:26 AM
I love this board.

A thread that starts out as wedding congratulations, ends up as a debate about if Meath has mountains or not.

If Meath had Mountains, maybe King James could have fecking well hid - planned an effective ambush - in them instead of getting his sh1te kicked in at the Boyne etc .. saved us from all these arguments regarding the NI football team - and put Fearon out of a job.

Tony Baloney

Fearon is an argumentative hoor so he would have found something to write about in the papers!

Shamrock Shore

QuoteHoliness - 'them big feckin coconut smelling yella things' are furze, known in the underdeveloped regions of the country as 'whins' and elsewhere, especially among the toffee-nosed, as 'gorse'. They'd ate ya all right

Roundabouts Longford what is commonly known as 'ragworth' are 'buha-lawns'. Spent manys a fine day pulled the bastarding yokes from Shore lands.

Best wishes Nifan and all who sail in you.

Hardy

That's right SS - I think the Irish is 'buachallán'. There was a gayltock (the name we used for immigrants from the West who got free Land Commission farms) around our way who always called them buachalláns. One of our neighbours, who didn't have the best grasp of the Irish, tried to have a go at it and came out with "bulkyshanks".

(Of course I insist that, like mountains, you wouldn't be seeing many bulkyshanks in the rich soil of Meath).

Rossfan

Did he(nifan) go through with it?

There known as yalla búchaláns round here.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Fair play to you nifan, congratulations sir.  ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

Just getting organized and heading for cape town in a few minutes 8)

I did go through with it Rossfan:)

All went well, and I can heartily recommend the Nuremore to anyone looking for a venue, and Juicer from Drog as a band in future.

ziggysego

Glad to hear it went well, now be off with you and enjoy the honeymoon. If I find you on the board before you get back, I'll be sorely disappointed in you!
Testing Accessibility

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI can heartily recommend the Nuremore

myself and Mrs Shore had our wedding reception there as well.

There ya go! We are not all that different!

gawa316

Hope you had a deadly day and enjoy the honeymoon.

I just got married to a yank/italian catholic and i've already got her kitted out in the NI strip so there is definite room for negotiations!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: gawa316 on August 25, 2008, 12:12:35 AM
Hope you had a deadly day and enjoy the honeymoon.

I just got married to a yank/italian catholic and i've already got her kitted out in the NI strip so there is definite room for negotiations!!

What you do in your bedroom is your own business, and we don't need to know about it! :D