Dylan Moran

Started by Longshanks, August 20, 2008, 01:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

So is there anyone out there that wont be going to see Oasis and instead will be going to see Dylan Moran who plays on both the same nights in the Waterfront?

I seen him the last time he was here and I think he is probabaly one of the funniest comedians about..  ;D ;D

corn02

Thanks for the info, defo making that one.

Denn Forever

Saw him years ago in Dublin.  You'll enjoy.  Any gigs down south?

It'll be interesting how he copes with the smoking ban.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ludermor

He is my favourite comedian, Monster is a cracking DVD

screenexile

In my disgust at havin missed out on Oasis tickets this morning I decided I was definitely going to book something so I went for Dylan Moran on the Thursday nite in the Waterfront...

Then I was able to get tickets to Oasis on the Thursday nite. DOH! I would love to see Moran so I will prob just hold onto them and see if someone will do me a swap deal for the Wednesday night and I'll go see Oasis on the Thursday.... it is my birthday that week so I think I deserve it!

Longshanks

Last time I seen him he smoked but maybe the ban wasn't in, think he maybe just drank more than instead!!

It'll be a good night out in Belfast after both gigs, a mighty crowd should be hitting the city thats why Il have the Friday booked off work  ;D ;D

pintsofguinness

Seen him live a couple of months ago - he wasn't smoking but he was throwing back the wine.

He was excellent - constantly pausing to look at his "notes" which apparently he couldn't read because he was drunk when he wrote it - still don't know if it was part of the act or not but it was f**king funny!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2008, 04:17:28 PM
Seen him live a couple of months ago - he wasn't smoking but he was throwing back the wine.

He was excellent - constantly pausing to look at his "notes" which apparently he couldn't read because he was drunk when he wrote it - still don't know if it was part of the act or not but it was f**king funny!

Doesn't sound funny..I suppose you had to be there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 04:18:42 PM

Yes I think it was one of them things were you had to be there.
It made me laugh and everyone around me so it must have been funny.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 20, 2008, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 04:18:42 PM

Yes I think it was one of them things were you had to be there.
It made me laugh and everyone around me so it must have been funny.

No i don't believe you..I think you only dreamt it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Dylan Moran is in my 'League of People I do not find Funny'

along with

Little Britain
Harry Hill
Reeves and Mortimor
The League of Gentlemen
Lee Evans
Yer Wan that's now in Dr. Who
The Vicar of Dibley
Last of the Summer Whine
Hilda Bouquet

pintsofguinness

You ever see Moran live SS - I found him a lot funnier live than that DVD he has (though I love Black Books).

Seen Ardal O'Hanlon and Tommy Tiernan the same night - O'Hanlon was excellent too and I never really passed much remarks of him before that - Tiernan was/is a tit.

Longshanks

Seen Tommy Tiernan too, to be honest I don't thing he is as good as he thinks he is and other people do, he laughs at himself when he ain't funny etc... bit of a tool!!

How you can't love Dylan Moran and Black books especially is beyond me, especially When they drink the expensive wine and have to produce new wine.. :D :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 20, 2008, 05:52:57 PM
Dylan Moran is in my 'League of People I do not find Funny'

along with

Little Britain
Harry Hill
Reeves and Mortimor
The League of Gentlemen
Lee Evans
Yer Wan that's now in Dr. Who
The Vicar of Dibley
Last of the Summer Whine
Hilda Bouquet

Agree with you on everything bar Last of the Summer Wine
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

I'm amazed, SS. I agree with you on pretty much all of your list (though I have smiled occasionally at LOTSW) - they're all unfunnier than each other. And I'd put Ricky Gervais in as their ringleader. But I think Dylan Moran is one of the funniest people I've ever seen. I haven't seen him live - just on TV. Black Books is a masterpiece of sitcom in my opinion.

Must be because he's a Meathman, but I'll forgive you because I'm in a good mood over our Royal bronze medal today.