20 moments that shook Irish Sport - on RTE now.

Started by under the bar, August 19, 2008, 10:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

I only seen the top 10. Was Cormac McAnallen not in it?

The Real Laoislad

After seeing it again 3 things were confirmed for me....

3- Michelle Smith is Irelands greatest ever sportsperson to date..I agree with wee Jimmy McGee  :)
2- Opening up of Croke Park was,is and will always be the right decision.
1- Roy Keane was,is and will always be wrong
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

Mostly a load of media nonsense hyped up  (Paudie was stitched up ;D)

I thought it was a very poorly produced and conceived program that had a wooden feel about it.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on August 19, 2008, 10:34:21 PM
Aye has been on before, was disgraceful how they glossed over Michelle Smiths drug taking as if it never happened.

Did you even watch the programme?
They spent ten minutes with arguments both for and against her,Nothing was glossed over far from it...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rav67

Laoislad- how can you say that about Michelle Smith?  You have serious green-tinted glasses if you think any of the world or olympic medals she won were not because of drugs.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Rav67 on August 20, 2008, 01:23:57 AM
Laoislad- how can you say that about Michelle Smith?  You have serious green-tinted glasses if you think any of the world or olympic medals she won were not because of drugs.

If you can show me one document,newspaper article anything at all where it says she tested positive for drugs in the Olympic Games in Atlanta 1996 i will then have a different opinion..
Fact is she never ever tested positive for any drug at those games and thus in my mind is innocent until proven guilty.
What happened later on in her career has nothing to do with the Olympics '96.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

QuoteI only seen the top 10. Was Cormac McAnallen not in it?

Not a mention.   Bit of a shambles of a show if truth be told.

full back

RMDrive

Davitt Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 12:17:44 AM
Aye has been on before, was disgraceful how they glossed over Michelle Smiths drug taking as if it never happened.

They spent ten minutes with arguments both for and against her,Nothing was glossed over far from it...

Correct the had good arguements from both sides but poor aul jimmy magee reckons she is clean!!!

orangeman

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 20, 2008, 09:40:42 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 12:17:44 AM

Correct the had good arguements from both sides but poor aul jimmy magee reckons she is clean!!!

Clean rotten !!!!!!!!  ;) :D :D

Davitt Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 08:19:00 AM
Quote from: Rav67 on August 20, 2008, 01:23:57 AM

If you can show me one document,newspaper article anything at all where it says she tested positive for drugs in the Olympic Games in Atlanta 1996 i will then have a different opinion..
Fact is she never ever tested positive for any drug at those games and thus in my mind is innocent until proven guilty.
What happened later on in her career has nothing to do with the Olympics '96.

Garry O'Toole called it, he said Smith disappeared for 18months, slipped out of the top 50 so she wouldnt be tested, didnt compete in any events always having an excuse to miss the competitions, then she turns up in the final event before the olmpics and blasts the competion away, he said that she didnt improve that much from training and told her be careful. All you have to do is listen to the people involved in swimming they know she couldnt improve by that much. Her husband and trainer was involved in a drugs scandal himself when he was an athelte. Why would she tamper with her sample if she had nothing to hide??? they said they found traces of drugs in her sample as well. She was a cheat unlucky to get caught because id say there were all at it at some stage.