Lost Passports Thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 19, 2008, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: tram on August 21, 2008, 11:06:05 AM
Quote from: full back on August 20, 2008, 09:49:54 AM
Do you even need a birth certificate for a British Passport?
Lost my Irish & English passports & was getting a replacement last week.
Too much hassle for an Irish one, having to go to the cops etc so I got a picture signed by the priest, rang the cops & got an incident number for lost passport & sent it off.
Nail, cant you just apply for a priority passport in the same way?
For a new UK Passport, yes, and it has to be the long form. I had to get a long one last year to work in the Civil Service, short form wasn't good enough.

I'm out in Australia at the moment on a UK Passport that I got earlier this year. It doesn't worry me about either a UK or Irish one - a UK one out here however allows you to enrol on to the Medicare public health system which covers fees to see the doctor etc. as well as free emergency treatement in A&E's and hospitals which I've already had to visit. The Irish passport only covers hospital treatment, so you can't claim money back on doctors appointments or perscriptions. Since I have to take regular perscription drugs and receiving long-term low level treatment, that was the main reason. And yes, I do have comprehensive travel insurance.

If you apply for a new UK passport, you will have to attend an interview. They send you out a letter asking you to make an appointment at one of their offices by calling a number. I got my letter on a Saturday and got an interview in Omagh first thing on Monday morning (the other interview centres are in Coleraine, Armagh and Belfast). It was no hassle, got my Passport in the post 4 days later. The countersign for the UK passport can be anyone who has a "standing in the community" or who has a professional qualification. I aksed an old friend who's now a teacher to do mine - incidentally she held an Irish passport but that's allowed for UK Passport applications. Got the application validated in the Post Office in Omagh at the back of Supervalu who charge an extra £7 fee but it gives peace of mind.

When I get back home, I'll get my hands on an Irish Passport as well if only to keep both choices open and be a help in travelling to certain places. I have two cousins who were both born in London who hold Irish passports (both parents were born in N.Ireland) who travel a lot, they reckon its safer to travel on them compared to a UK passport and they're probably right.

Well I am fcuked then.
Didnt send my birth certficate with the application
Are you sure you have to send it?
I didnt see it anywhere on the form ???

full back

Na, didnt get the post office to check it, thought I was capable of doing it myself ::)
Maybe it is different if you lost or got your previous passport stolen

Our Nail Loney

Takes longer if its lost or stolen as there are more procedures to go through

Anyone got any suggestions for good carry out songs I can download for the ipod now that im def going? All suggestions welcome, from agadoo to tiesto!

Our Nail Loney

cant get on youtube in work here but cheers lad, will check them out later!!

might jst download some of the ministry of sound albums then pick out some cheesey ones as well, already have vengaboys eiffel 65 etc

Gold

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 20, 2008, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 20, 2008, 09:45:20 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 20, 2008, 09:43:56 PM
So there you are raking in the dollars in this weak economy where people are laid off all the time - and yer mammy is paying off your loan for you to go and drink the bit out on sunny shores while the rest of us are working, only to come back looking like this...

Let me get this right - you want us to cut you some slack?  :o :o

FFS! :D

I am a good worker, lpus I cant help it if my mummy loves me.

Plus whast to say I am not going on some sorta sight seeing holiday??

Can looking at English sluts boobs be classed as sight seeing?

im in sunnier climes now--there are few better sights!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Our Nail Loney

doesn't even have to be english!!

really loooking forward to it now that I am sorted, am working every day double shifts though til I go, f**k sake today has just dragged!

kinghen

some slaggin material ya gave us there our naill!!!!

cant believe your woman ran around with ya all day so you could basically get a passport to go o the swally and TRY and get out wi english sluts for a week.......she must be a "nice girl" maxy's definition,

although have to admit im jealous as f**k, ist 5ive days last year was some craic,

ps whoever suggested you rent out quads dont know what they're suggesting, malia part deux

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: kinghen on August 21, 2008, 11:33:17 PM
some slaggin material ya gave us there our naill!!!!

cant believe your woman ran around with ya all day so you could basically get a passport to go o the swally and TRY and get out wi english sluts for a week.......she must be a "nice girl" maxy's definition,

although have to admit im jealous as f**k, ist 5ive days last year was some craic,

ps whoever suggested you rent out quads dont know what they're suggesting, malia part deux

I won't be getting up to any shenanigans I am a good boy.

The last two days weren't that bad craic last year, just a bit of a slog, hard on the old liver!

Charlie has already text me alist of tunes for the ipod, ranging from discoland to leona to duffy!! Gonna be an emotional rollercoaster!

Fluffy Che

Nail, have to say, your taste in music is total shite but your description of going to Dublin had me in stitches, great stuff. Have a good holiday, you deserve it after that escapade..
Midnight to Six..

full back

No need for birth certificate lads & arrived sooner than another passport that was sent off at same time..
Got it yesterday :)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Fluffy Che on August 23, 2008, 10:00:33 AM
Nail, have to say, your taste in music is total shite but your description of going to Dublin had me in stitches, great stuff. Have a good holiday, you deserve it after that escapade..

Don't be slaggin!! Someone told me Vengaboys are doing some sort of reunion thing in the elk at some stage?? Would be rude not to hit that for old times sake

Rav67

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 24, 2008, 01:57:57 PM
Quote from: Fluffy Che on August 23, 2008, 10:00:33 AM

Don't be slaggin!! Someone told me Vengaboys are doing some sort of reunion thing in the elk at some stage?? Would be rude not to hit that for old times sake

October 10th, think I might book a flight home from England for that weekend!