Most exciting/ best game at Croker you attended not involving your own County

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2008, 04:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onlooker

I would have the same answer as Bogball XV, Tyrone v Armagh 2005 (All Ireland Semi Final).  Super game.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2008, 05:03:03 PM
Matt Connor kicked 2-9 I think that day.

Not only that - the other 2-1 was scored by Gerry Carroll from midfield - two players scored 4-10.

For me, the 1973 All Ireland Final - Cork v Galway and the emergence of nineteen year old Jimmy Barry-Murphy! 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on August 19, 2008, 06:40:47 PM
Fermanagh v Armagh 2004. The outpouring of emotion was manic.

Yeah, would have to agree with O'Neill here. The second game made that day for me though!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

slow corner back

1989 all ireland hurling semi Galway V Tipp. Tony Keady banned getting Galways blood up, Tipp having won three munsters in a row and had no all ireland for 18 years desperate. First half tight and exciting Tipp edging it, Second half explodes. Sylvie clips Nicky and gets sent off, John Leahy tries to decapitate Pete Finnerty and stays on, Hopper McGrath gets sent off for hitting someone ( cant remember who ) then clips Leahy as he is walking off the pitch. Tipp leading by about 5 or 6 when Brendan Lynsky and Joe Cooney try to pull it out of the fire with thirteen men in the last 10 mins. Absolutly gripping stuff but Galway fall just short. In my mind unquestionably Joe Cooney finest game.

davereilly

blanketattack

Sligo v Tyrone 2002.
After seeing that game you could have named any odds you wanted for Tyrone to win the All-Ireland a year later and I'd have given them to you.

Son_of_Sam

Galway V Kilkenny in A.I. Semi in Croke Park a few years back in the hurling.

Tyrone V Kerry 2005 A.I. Final
Crosmollina & Ballina's victories on A.I. Club Final Day.

Canalman

Clare v Cork in AISF in 2005 (I think). A priveledge to have been there.

Was at the 2003 AIF and as a neutral I have to say it was a terrible game. Happy for Tyrone at the end but game itself was abysmal.....Sorry Lads.....

There were some great games in the 1980s/1990s in Leinster hurling involving KK,OY and WX......too many to pinpoint the one.

haze

kerry Dublin all ireland semi final for me as well. When Dublin staged their revival late into the second half, the atmosphere in Croke Park was electric. Honourable mention to 1994 all ireland hurling final between Limerick and offaly purely based on the five minutes of mayhem at the end!

paddypastit

Quote from: screenexile on August 19, 2008, 05:30:19 PM
Tyrone Dublin draw 2005... atmosphere, skill, hitting, scores. The game had everything for me.

I'm on this one
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

thejuice

Dublin Vs Mayo - AI Semi 2006
and Glaway Vs Kilkenny - AI Semi 2005
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Cork-KK AIHF 2006. The quality of the hurling on display was mesmerising.

Clare- Luimneach 1996 and THAT Ciaran Carey point.