Tin whistle

Started by youngfella, August 19, 2008, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

Quote from: ziggysego on August 19, 2008, 02:41:02 PM
Nope, we didn't even do that. For two bloody years it was nothing but Roddy McCordy!!

LOL. That brings back memories! Roddy McCorley and The Dawning of the Day. And me flat out saying the notes in my head all the time. ABAFADAFA .... (Thats not either tune by the way)

The tin whistle is a great way to get into music. Relatively easy to get the basiscs down (it's not just a simple instrument though) and so cheap you won't feel guilty if you don't keep it up. Go for it.

ziggysego

Forgive me my friends for my terrible error. My republican forefathers will be frowning down on me today :(
Testing Accessibility

downgirl

Anybody looking to buy an Irish flute?

Puckoon

Hands up who all can play the Eastenders theme tune on the tin whistle -

All together now..... De de de de de deee deeeee

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: RMDrive on August 20, 2008, 09:37:23 AM

LOL. That brings back memories! Roddy McCorley and The Dawning of the Day. And me flat out saying the notes in my head all the time. ABAFADAFA .... (Thats not either tune by the way)

Yep, Dawning of the day was the one I learned with.  Stopped playing once football got in the way.

Treasurer

My shortlived and not so successful tin whistle-playign career began when a monk came out of the ditch, pulled one out of his sleeve and said he'd teach me how to play "One Man Went to Mo"..........