Previous topic - Next topic

Will the 200 metre record be broken

Yes
10 (47.6%)
No
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

lroberts680

That woman is a beast. What about Bolt on Sunday for the WR?

imtommygunn

Is this final on tonight?

Alastair Cragg currently running the 5k but not looking good for him.

MadMayo

MadMayo

MadMayo

Archie Mitchell

gallsman

Does anyone know what's happened to an American sprinter called Xavier Carter? He ran 19.62 in 2006 which, at the time, was the second fastest time in history. There was lots of talk of him perhaps being the one to break Johnson's record but he appears to have vanished off the face of the earth. I don't remember him at the 2007 World Championships, and I don't think he's much older than Bolt.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2009, 10:01:52 PM
Does anyone know what's happened to an American sprinter called Xavier Carter? He ran 19.62 in 2006 which, at the time, was the second fastest time in history. There was lots of talk of him perhaps being the one to break Johnson's record but he appears to have vanished off the face of the earth. I don't remember him at the 2007 World Championships, and I don't think he's much older than Bolt.
From wikipedia

Personal life

Carter was arrested on September 7 2008 for allegedly carrying a concealed firearm. Police stopped the sprinter in Gainsville as they judged him to be playing his car stereo too loudly and upon approaching his vehicle they allegedly saw a concealed, loaded handgun. Carter was released the following day after aFrgreeing to appear in court for a third-degree felony charge

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2009, 11:21:19 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 20, 2009, 11:18:01 PM
From wikipedia

Personal life

Carter was arrested on September 7 2008 for allegedly carrying a concealed firearm. Police stopped the sprinter in Gainsville as they judged him to be playing his car stereo too loudly and upon approaching his vehicle they allegedly saw a concealed, loaded handgun. Carter was released the following day after aFrgreeing to appear in court for a third-degree felony charge
Jaysus.
They forgot to mention he was black.

Tyrones own

QuoteThey forgot to mention he was black.

::) Yes Funny enough so was the other genius who shot himself...maybe they did him a favor!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Hardy

I thought they had the "right to bear arms" over there? Or is it just that they can't be concealed? Or that you can't be black?

Fear ón Srath Bán

It seems where blacks are concerned, they've no right to bare arms. If he'd had it hidden it seems he'd have been OK.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 21, 2009, 10:02:02 AM
It seems where blacks are concerned, they've no right to bare arms. If he'd had it hidden it seems he'd have been OK.

I'm sure I've seen them in sleeveless singlets. Are they breaking the law?

Eastern_Pride

Did his knee in as well.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

gallsman

Yep, saw all that on Wikipedia, but the last thing mentioned is that he didn't run the 200m at last years US Olympic trials. Since then there doesn't appear to have been a trace of him other than the gun charge. Pleading guilty to third degree felony wouldn't end your career, would it? Although, maybe in athletics with so much success dependent on endorsements.