Armagh 1977 team

Started by ardmhachaabu, August 17, 2008, 08:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

I have a vague memory of them beating Clare in a divisonal NFL final in Croker the year before on a dark dank, wet, miserable day..  The wore a white shirt with an orange sash ( I don't think they ever used it again!) but the great Con Holihan wrote in his Evening Press colum that he saw them as a coming team !

I was knocking around Cavan at the time and I think Tom McCreesh was working as a forester  and Ramor is the name of the lake in Virginia so I take it its the town/parish team.

Over the Bar

How would the 1977 team fair agains the 2008 Armagh team?

ardmhachaabu

I would say the 77 team would hammer the 08 team into the ground.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Sandy Hill

Are we beginning to sound like the Down boys searching back in history for some consolation?
"Stercus accidit"

bennydorano

The '77 team's preparations for the final probably involved a few bevvies to settle the nerves the night before and half a packet of 'bines before throw in.

T Fearon

Don't be silly. The 1977 team have lost one member and the rest are pushing 60, they wouldn't stand a chance against the 2008 team ;D

Over the Bar

QuoteDon't be silly. The 1977 team have lost one member and the rest are pushing 60

So you think that will sway things if favour of Peter McDonnells charges?  Dunno, would still be tight.

red hander

Jaysus, the oul 70s hairstyle didn't suit Jim McKerr, maybe he should have wore a band round his head like Sean Devlin did... remember marking McKerr in a hurling game around 1984 (he was playing for Portadown) and he was as fit as a fiddle, had me all over the place ... played hard but fair and was proud to shake his hand after the game

Bacon

Does this Armagh team still hold the record for the biggest score conceeded in an All Ireland SFC Final?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

5 Sams

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 19, 2008, 10:13:41 AM
Are we beginning to sound like the Down boys searching back in history for some consolation?

Dont be silly..... yiz wont find any :D
The Aristocrat Years

maddog

Quote from: Bacon on August 19, 2008, 11:29:18 AM
Does this Armagh team still hold the record for the biggest score conceeded in an All Ireland SFC Final?

Which is worse?

5-12 to 3-6 or 4-15 to 3-5

thebandit

I know that this is off-topic but I knew I'd be hounded out for starting a new thread about it:

I'm looking for the Orchard Harvest dvd from '02, or any DVD re: the 2002 football final. Any help is appeciated!

T Fearon

I have the Orchard Harvest DVD from 2002. It contains highlights from all the games that glorious year as well as the full 70 minutes of the Final.

Elvery's (Croke Park store) have dvd's of every hurling and football All Ireland final, going back 30 years or more, in stock. You'll get the 2002 final there.

feetofflames

Ive the 03 one if you need it.  Does anyone have the Tyrone / Armagh match first game in 2002.  Some game boy!
Chief Wiggum

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: T Fearon on August 19, 2008, 01:04:47 PM
I have the Orchard Harvest DVD from 2002. It contains highlights from all the games that glorious year as well as the full 70 minutes of the Final.

Elvery's (Croke Park store) have dvd's of every hurling and football All Ireland final, going back 30 years or more, in stock. You'll get the 2002 final there.

How much do these dvds set ya back?